• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Kompressorkev :

Did anybody already posted pictures of a CCP self-edge seam here ?

Comment

• comex9
      • Jan 2009

Kompressorkev, great writeup... i wonder what you do for a living, cuz i'll give you a job in financial underwriting if you want one. u could sell a cold shnit on a stick to the eskimos.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

/\ haha, that's for sure. I spent a number of years in the financial industry, and one of my hobbys was dissecting corporate language, Orwell style.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

I'd like to see these sock-boots with the overlock stitchwork matching anatomic landmarks on the foot.... I didn't know this piece existed for the current collection!
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chant
            Banned
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by kompressorkev View Post
            Several of the garments in this collection reference the notion of unity, as Runner brought to our attention. The seamless tornado boots, the scarf built into the coat, the sock which functions as a boot, the seamless knits, the leather jacket and dress shirt with gloves as an extension of their sleeves. The combination of pieces proposes a unity in the garment itself. Employing the selvedge (or perhaps the not-inconsiderable homophone and historical term “self-edge”) technique represents a progression of Carol’s seamwork towards streamlining. The teleology of Carol’s seamwork progression – from tape, then to glue, and now to selvedge – demonstrates this concern of revisiting the essence of the garment. The selvedge, self-seamed technique solicits no such embellishment to the seam apart from the original material itself. It’s an old technique that is labor-intensive, which speaks to not only Carol’s penchant for perfection (selvedge seams preserve the edges from fraying or unraveling), but also a redemption of focus on the essential garment itself. The selvedge technique represents more than just simplicity, however, as it contributes to the narrative of consonance and synthesis (in many aspects). Selfsame, selfseam, self-edge.
            You're right, but I'd rather speak of a broken unity or a broken continuity : the integrated gloves are fingerless, the invisiseam of the spiral pants reveals the flesh and makes the seam look like a sccar, the pleats, still present, but maybe not with such a strong presence as before, of the shoes and the boots break the plain continuity of the leather, etc.
            If somebody could approach him, I'd like to know if he would say that continuity is first, or discontinuity, in his work.

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Christian View Post
              If somebody could approach him
              Let's kidnap him.
              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

I prefer to see it as, y'know, a sort of continuous unbroken discontinuosity, as contiguity underscored (or under"scarred", if you like), by fractional disassociation.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ Woah!
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• comex9
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                    I prefer to see it as, y'know, a sort of continuous unbroken discontinuosity, as contiguity underscored (or under"scarred", if you like), by fractional disassociation.
                    You just blew my mind!!!

Comment

• misterpale
                      • Apr 2008

what will you wear soon?!

Comment

• kompressorkev
                        • Dec 2006

comex9: i could use some work, sure i'd take a job =)

faust: a good way to stave off boredom!

chinorlz: runner gave a verbal description of a bunch of pieces from the collection some pages back. it's not the first time for a CCP sock-boot (rubber soled socks from Mainstream-Downstream SS04), but this promises to be another level.

christian: i'm not sure what comes first in this collection, but i like your point.

johnny: right on, hehe =D
                        Last edited by kompressorkev; 09-30-2009, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• comex9
                          • Jan 2009

/\ ha, ha, If you were in NY and had a little finance experience, you have the job!

Comment

• BSR
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                            I'd like to see these sock-boots with the overlock stitchwork matching anatomic landmarks on the foot.... I didn't know this piece existed for the current collection!
                            I've seen them today, they are made in soft deer skin, dipped in latex at the bottom, look like old ninja socks, are great but fit small, impossible to try them in 7 (the only size available).
                            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• shawn
                              • Apr 2007

in love with CCP 's signature "Pagoda" shoulders, Anyone has more infomation about this kind of craft? it looks amazing!

I found this adv:

It seems Pierre cardin did it on 70's already.
                              Thanks a lot.

Comment

• R.A.
                                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by shawn View Post
                                in love with CCP 's signature "Pagoda" shoulders, Anyone has more infomation about this kind of craft? it looks amazing!

I found this adv: http://mistercrew.com/files/2009/08/..._shoulders.jpg

It seems Pierre cardin did it on 70's already.
                                Thanks a lot.
                                This tailor has some great information on what goes into pagoda shoulders on his blog:
                                Karen asks about how to construct a pagoda shoulder, but first, a bit of background. Initially known as a "natural" shoulder as it followed...

Preparing the canvas The shoulder is arguably the most discussed and the most controversial element of a tailored jacket; the whole garment ...

In this step we will make the shoulder pad for our pagoda shoulder, and this is where we start to see the beauty of the contours of this sho...

We’ve seen the shaping that goes into the canvas. We’ve seen the shaping that goes into the pad. Everything that was done to these bits ha...

This is one jacket he made for himself that features them: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2433/...bde71cc4_b.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎