• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
    Uh interesting. Didn't he state in an interview somewhere that he doesn't do anything for girls because all they care about is that their bottom looks tiny?
    he did have some remark about it in some old interview which you are probably referring to, but I'm not sure if anyone was able to decode what he meant through it. either way, he has been doing womens wear on and off for a decade. the current season stuff is actually looking pretty wearable compared to some of the earlier stuff, blood dyed leather sacks and lamp shade skirts.

oddly, the intro says he presented women's first in 2005 though, when the article has images from 99-00.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
      he did have some remark about it in some old interview which you are probably referring to, but I'm not sure if anyone was able to decode what he meant through it. either way, he has been doing womens wear on and off for a decade. the current season stuff is actually looking pretty wearable compared to some of the earlier stuff, blood dyed leather sacks and lamp shade skirts.

oddly, the intro says he presented women's first in 2005 though, when the article has images from 99-00.
      Yes the article is misleading,
      I first knew about him through the womenswear, It used to be sold at Jeffrey's ............ that was about late 2000-2001 when I was interning at Tess Giberson..............

Except for the Off white Jacket, I am not liking these womens pieces though...........
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

there are actually some pretty nice pieces in the current collection, partly its a very clear extention of the mens wear; classic cut suit but fitted for women, same with the leather jacket, coats, boots etc.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• raddy
          • Oct 2008

Can't say I've ever liked any of the ccp womenswear much. Everything that isn't pretty traditional is unflattering and has this sort of weird cruel vibe to it, which in menswear comes off as masculinity, and maybe my gender aesthetic is just really bland/typical, but for womenswear feels really out of place as it doesn't really embrace fetishism in its display of the female physique but just sort of ignores the body.
          Looking for CCP Rain in 50, IS/MA+ loose trousers (IS S/S10!!)

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

these might've been posted but since we are on topic, here is some of the womens wear for 09:

Comment

• kollaps
              • Jul 2009

And more womens ss10. The gloomy showroom this time.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Not digging the womens. He's killing femininity.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Most of those women's images are old and have been discussed here before (not critiquing the discussion, just noting that I haven't changed my thinking since the last discussion). They manage to be actually disturbing, which I suppose is impressive. I hate them.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                    Most of those women's images are old and have been discussed here before (not critiquing the discussion, just noting that I haven't changed my thinking since the last discussion). They manage to be actually disturbing, which I suppose is impressive. I hate them.
                    I wouldnt necessarily call them disturbing, I think he just really sucks at womenswear.................
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Sombre
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                      I wouldnt necessarily call them disturbing, I think he just really sucks at womenswear.................
                      That is the crux of the matter. I'm going to make a comparison I know I will be attacked for. If these pictures are indicative of his entire offering for women over the course of his career, he may be as bad at womenswear as KVA ( dodges stones and liquor bottles from all angles).

EDIT: Let me explain a little bit, otherwise my post is useless. What I see here is CCP menswear (which was never really androgynous to begin with) in women's sizes. Conceptually, womenswear cannot be the same as men's clothing. I'm sorry to say that it seems the conceptual master that is Carol Christian Poell has overlooked that.
                      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• delphine
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                        Well summed up. What I see here is all pretty unappealing except for maybe the boot.

Comment

• clay
                          • Sep 2006

I would love to see all his women's line.

Comment

• YoungM
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by clay View Post
                            I would love to see all his women's line.
                            Me too. While I understand where you guys are coming from with the earlier women's wear pictures, I think this new stuff looks almost easy to pull off, and quite cool at that.

Comment

• Catfood
                              • Oct 2008

Was in Antwerp about a week ago and was told that Prauge are picking up the womanswear. They have quite a good selection of the menswear as well, they had a few really nice leathers in a greenish color as well as the spiral jeans..

Comment

• Johnny
                                • Sep 2006

"eugene" and "careful with that axe" not often found in same sentence, unless interspersed with "tends not to be".

for me the problem with this is that (on the whole) it really is just his menswear pieces slightly retailored and resized (I mean the new stuff, not the old selotape/vag-skirt collection...). nothing wrong with that in itself, but hardly much merit in it from a design or creative perspective.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎