• Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Comment

• Venus in Furs
      Banned
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Take it back. Things like that shouldn't happen. I am sure they'll have it fixed within a year.
      Haha yeh exactly why I couldn't be bothered with it. Although if the main zipper breaks I probably will. You're right though, it shouldn't happen

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

definitely not! send it back, and they maybe can resend it with my shoes next xmas. it will be great for both of us.

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

Looks like this thread sould be renamed : "WheretokopCCPHow'sthesizinginCCP".

Back on the track (link sent by BSR )...

As part of the exhibition "S.O.S. - Saving the MAK Collection" (2002) the MAK presented Carol Christian Poell's work for the first time in Austria. Poell is regarded as the most important representative of today's subversive and socio-critical fashion design and is internationally acclaimed as such. The presentations of his collections (installations in a kennels, in a slaughterhouse, etc.) have attracted the public's attention time and again because of their performance character.

CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL, born in Linz in 1966, lives and works in Milan, Italy. After having been trained as a men's and a ladies' tailor in Vienna (Michelbeurn), he studied fashion design at the Domus Academy in Milan where he also founded the production and distribution company C.C.P. Srl together with his partner Sergio Simone. After having presented his first men's collection in 1995, he developed his ladies' collection from classical elements of traditional menswear three years later. The distribution network for his articles of clothing and accessories, which are quite extravagant in terms of production technology, includes more than 40 dealers all over the world.

The MAK show focuses on the "Trilogy of Monotypologies" of his first three FE-MALE collections. These show CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL highlighting the various sections of the body: the lower part (fall/winter 99/00: trousers, skirts), the upper part (spring/summer 00: shirts, jackets), and the body in its entirety (fall/winter 00/01: dresses, coats).

Reflecting the different gender roles, Poell outlines the drawbacks of a woman's existence by revealing a being that suffers tragically, feels handicapped, has only limited possibilities, and is restricted in her social position. He employs a range of unusual materials such as blood-dyed leather, bodyplast, plastered leather, and human hair.

Including works by Carol Christian Poell in the collection of the MAK pays tribute to the oeuvre of an outstanding contemporary fashion designer of Austrian origin. The selection presented in "S.O.S. - Saving the MAK Collection" constitutes the cornerstone of a C.C.P. Special Archive at the MAK. The special archives being set up by the MAK Design Info Pool (DIP) center on design pioneers, i.e. innovators pursuing design strategies of their own and thus having a certain exemplary function. Poell's entire oeuvre will be catalogued, and key works will continuously be added to the collection.

CLOTHES SHOULD SPEAK TO YOU AND COMMUNICATE A SENSIBILITY. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO HAVE AS A FASHION DESIGNER IS YOUR OWN POINT OF VIEW.

I PREFER THE APPROACH OF AN INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER FOCUSING ON SINGLE TAILORED PIECES, FABRIC ANALYSIS AND HOW TEXTURE RELATES TO FORM.

ALL MY COLLECTIONS MARK ME.

I LIKE TRADITION; IT IS OUR HERITAGE OF THE KNOWLEDGE FROM THE PAST. SUBCONSCIOUSLY MY ORIGINS INFLUENCE ME, BUT IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY HOW OR WHERE. ONE IS INFLUENCED BY SO MANY THINGS. I PREFER NOT TO ANALYSE MYSELF, I FIND FABRICS ARE MORE INTERESTING. FABRIC ALWAYS COMES FIRST.

I DO NOT SEE THE POINT OF PARTICIPATING IN THE „GLAMOURIZATION“ OF FASHION DESIGNERS, IF YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE THAT, YOU ARE BETTER OFF BECOMING A POP STAR.

I PREFER NOT TO PRESENT MY CLOTHES IN A SHOW BECAUSE IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GARMENTS. A SHOW MEANS THEATRE AND TAKES THE ATTENTION AWAY. HOWEVER SOMETIMES THE ATMOSPHERE AND STRENGTH OF CERTAIN SPACES COMPLEMENT WHAT I TRY TO EXPRESS LIKE THE PRESENTATIONS IN THE SLAUGHTERHOUSE, THE ANIMAL SHELTER OR THE ESCAPE FROM OUR OFFICE.

FASHION MAGAZINES MIRROR OUR TIMES AND ARE MAINLY ABOUT PUBLICITY.
          http://prague.m7.mailplus.nl/generic...TWmiHUdjDI69uf
          Last edited by Chant; 12-24-2009, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Chant
            Banned
            • Jun 2008

L'Eclaireur just received a lot of women's pieces. I'm wondering if we shouldn't open another thread dedicated to CCP's women's wear, and move there as well all the interesting debates on the subject (some are already in the "Best of SZ" thread.

Comment

• todestrieb
              • Mar 2009

^^ Awesome stuff. Prepare for the probability of "gendered talk" to ensue. :)

Originally posted by Venus in Furs View Post
              Just the pull
              Sounds like it's easily repairable but certainly shouldn't have happened in the first place. If it's any consolation, closures for inner pockets always strike me as somewhat redundant/superfluous? The zipper only serves so much of a function any way. It's an inner pocket after all, haha. Furthermore, I'm not sure if you've noticed but the zipper pull (and even the entire length of the teeth) does have a subtle protruding -almost "nipply"- presence from behind the exterior shell/chest area, particularly with the jacket worn very tight. It's a little detail that one could fuss over endlessly, or not at all.

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                Banned
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by todestrieb View Post
                ^^ Awesome stuff. Prepare for the probability of "gendered talk" to ensue. :)

Sounds like it's easily repairable but certainly shouldn't have happened in the first place. If it's any consolation, closures for inner pockets always strike me as somewhat redundant/superfluous? The zipper only serves so much of a function any way. It's an inner pocket after all, haha. Furthermore, I'm not sure if you've noticed but the zipper pull (and even the entire length of the teeth) does have a subtle protruding -almost "nipply"- presence from behind the exterior shell/chest area, particularly with the jacket worn very tight. It's a little detail that one could fuss over endlessly, or not at all.
                Yeh I know what you mean about it being visible from the outside of the leather. And having a functional inside zipped doesn't bother me, besides it still works, its just missing the pull. I can probably get it fixed.

Christian, great pics, thanks for those

Comment

• fenrost
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2009

Thanks for the post Chant.

:)

Comment

• stretcheroo
                    • Nov 2009

New CCP boots

I need an opinion(s) from CCP experts: as a present I am considering the black seamless tornado boots as shown on Darklands/KomakinoShop or the grey unstructured side-zips shown on Atelier? Which and why?

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

Its not just your decision, you gotta be a lucky bro if there is a pair left in your size since people are literally lining up for the seamless boots...
                      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Silk
                        • Jan 2009

Or... you could just special order a pair and wait only 1 year

Comment

• stretcheroo
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Silk View Post
                          Or... you could just special order a pair and wait only 1 year
                          or... it looks like I could acquire the tornados with seams from lazzari for 200 euros less...

Comment

• fenrost
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by stretcheroo View Post
                            or... it looks like I could acquire the tornados with seams from lazzari for 200 euros less...
                            and get hit heavily by customs.

Comment

• stretcheroo
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by merz
                              black seamless tornado. refer to BSR's photos for why. i'd be kopping instantly if i had the funds.
                              okay -- I've spent an hour looking for BSR's photos (including every post in the last 6 months or so) -- can you point me to them?

Comment

• stretcheroo
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
                                and get hit heavily by customs.
                                I wasn't aware. Purchasing from Lazzari brings additional charges than purchasing from DL/Komakino?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎