• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

/\ damn
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Acéphale
      • Apr 2010

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• unwashed
        • Dec 2008

Wow this one = For The Win! Very nice picture.

Originally posted by Monty76 View Post
        Grailed link

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
          • Oct 2009

Anybody know the difference between MORPH and WORPH fabric?
          I have experienced the MORPH fabric and it was quite dense and stiff.
          No idea though about WORPH besides that both have the irregularities as mentioned and shown on the previous pages.
          "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Chant
            Banned
            • Jun 2008

Dude, do you know that you broke the mood of this thread all of a sudden ?

Comment

• tricotineacetat
              • Aug 2009

I really enjoy the lines and shapes of Poell's patterns, which to me, perfectly blend the conservative with a contemporary update. Some of these images, though, highlight a certain rustic element about his work that I never liked much - I'd love for once to see something a bit less broken-in looking, just as Rick also seems to embrace a cleanness in his last few collections that leaves the grunge element behind in a focus on clean, stripped-back proportions and silhouettes...

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

/\ Disagree (understanding that this a wish based on your personal style). Life is not clean and streamlined - at best we can get a mix of the pure and the stained, and Poell's clothes stride that balance well.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  /\ Disagree (understanding that this a wish based on your personal style). Life is not clean and streamlined - at best we can get a mix of the pure and the stained, and Poell's clothes stride that balance well.
                  Yes, but I'd rather allow for my clothes to break in / age, based on my personal cycle of wearing them, instead of having them presented to me in a way that shall look artificially used and worn - And as well constructed as Poell's garments are, I'm sure they would perform and hold up well to look great after wearing them for a few years.

Comment

• kbi
                    • Feb 2009

Even if it may seem so.. I am pretty sure that this kind of formalism is nowhere near poell's intentions. I think you should reconsider a new approach, which begins with nowadays popular fashion culture and ends somewhere within poell's craftsmanship..

His clothes question the beauty not because they "look worn" but because they have gone through a process of artisanal experimentalism.. Why else should he invent new names for all his materials etc..?

A pair of good alden boots look awesome when they're worn in but you will never manage to make a pair of alden's look like a pair of poell's..

Comment

• Peasant
                      • Jul 2009

...just a quick 2 cents..most of Poell's worn and rugged pieces are leather goods. Seems like he really appreciates the fact that these were once living, breathing beings. They lived and broke themselves in. Personally, I feel they look much more appropriate with flaws rather than a perfect, unblemished canvas.

Comment

• eton97
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by tricotineacetat View Post
                        Yes, but I'd rather allow for my clothes to break in / age, based on my personal cycle of wearing them, instead of having them presented to me in a way that shall look artificially used and worn
                        doesn't matter how many years i wear, break in / age my black derby work shoes, they are never ever going to look as good as the scarred cordovan derbies...but i suppose thats one of the reasons why people buy his leather pieces...
                        you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

I think there is a refined side to his work as well, the balance between the two is what I like about it.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                            doesn't matter how many years i wear, break in / age my black derby work shoes, they are never ever going to look as good as the scarred cordovan derbies...but i suppose thats one of the reasons why people buy his leather pieces...
                            I guess that goes back to the research of the right material - some fabrics/leathers do not support to age over 5 years of pretty much daily wear (and that is what I do with some jeans and boots - I literally wear no more than two pairs of each)... it's safe to say that a pair of designer footwear from the big luxury goods companies (Gucci/Prada/etc.) won't age nicely because of poor fabrication and leather used, but if you have a pair of artisan footwear, it will take you less than a month to get them into the right, broken in look - at least that is what I got out of my favourite pair of Véronique Branquinho boots.

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              I think there is a refined side to his work as well, the balance between the two is what I like about it.
                              No question about that, but to me that is mostly in the pattern work and craftsmanship, rather than some of the artistic detailing that are clearly the designer's preferences.

Comment

• todestrieb
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
                                WORPH

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎