• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fenrost
    Banned
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by bestial View Post
    Have anyone here tried or seen this, does it work for males or does the cut look to fe-male? I think it is a unisex piece though.
    the notable difference between male version and female version of this raincoat are the length of the retractable sleeves/gloves, male are longer, female shorter, body male are boxier, female are slimmer, and the zipping, female are left handed, male are right handed. length wise similar i think, and they make the same paper-ish noise as the 08s parachutes.

edit:

there is difference in terms of sizing in the females dropcrotch, i think one may need to wear tts on the fe-male's, as oppose to male's one size up.
    Last edited by fenrost; 05-18-2010, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
      • Oct 2009

/\
      Yeah I realised that shortly after I posted the reply. :-)
      While we are at it. Does anybody have an idea where to get any other CCP drop crotch pants except the chainseams that everybody seems to have?
      "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

fenrost, so there is a male version of this parka, that would of course be a better match to me. But I haven't seen or heard of any stores carrying it, and if they did, they surely have sold out by now... or do you have any leads?

Comment

• fenrost
          Banned
          • Mar 2009

fenrost, so there is a male version of this parka, that would of course be a better match to me. But I haven't seen or heard of any stores carrying it, and if they did, they surely have sold out by now... or do you have any leads?
          shelter II but in light grey and 44. fairly certain there are more out there.

they come in several colours, also dark green/black/red. not being biased but black was indeed the best.

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

Thanks, shelters pictures was helpful.

I got an answer from library, they have it in off white. waiting to get an answer about size and price. I'm trying to get something else then black right now, so off white sounds promising.

Comment

• fenrost
              Banned
              • Mar 2009

Thanks, shelters pictures was helpful.

I got an answer from library, they have it in off white. waiting to get an answer about size and price. I'm trying to get something else then black right now, so off white sounds promising.
              aah white, i always presumed it only exist in female collections. white would be fantastic, too.

but if one doesn't like the noisy sound made by the fabric, there are also a similar coat but in leather ... without built-in hoodie tho, but $$$$$$$$$..

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                • Oct 2009

/\
                Hey guys,
                all help where to find some drop crotch pants except the chainseam ones would be much appreciated.
                Thanks
                "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

$$$ is a little low, and leather = fencing in my book, I'm waiting for answers on the off white, will show you later man.

I can handle some noise, but I get a feeling that this is costanza-noise. but in the rain around people it might not be a problem.

Notorious, don't know anywhere actually.

Comment

• fenrost
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
                    /\
                    Hey guys,
                    all help where to find some drop crotch pants except the chainseam ones would be much appreciated.
                    Thanks
                    Actually,

depending on the fabrics.. I find the 09 chainseam dropcrotch pants in suit fabrics are less revealing... more closed and very over-lockish.. and it isn't very extremely dropcrotched. There is a pair I saw in a fabric called splinter or something, a rainy textured fabric from the 09.

Last edited by fenrost; 05-18-2010, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                      • Oct 2009

You are killing me, beautiful. :-)
                      That first pair on the pic looks like it has the same drop crotch as the chainseam version, no?

Comment

• snafu
                        • Apr 2008

$$$ is a little low, and leather = fencing in my book, I'm waiting for answers on the off white, will show you later man.

I can handle some noise, but I get a feeling that this is costanza-noise. but in the rain around people it might not be a problem.

Notorious, don't know anywhere actually.
                        Iv seen the male version of it and its quite nice, although not for me, i don't like the pockets on it, the colour is good but like some of the fabric used in previous collections it makes some noise. I think i know a guy who might sell his version of it, i think it could be a 46 or 48 in that colour.

I tried on the female version and it really is lightweight, the fabric weighs almost nothing, i think the weight in the garment is simply from the hardwear.

BTW i dont think it will work in the rain, it simply is not waterproof...
                        remember this before you buy, its like alot of carol pieces that are truly interesting but in practicality they are more annoying to live with.
                        Its typical for carol to do this a raincoat that makes the wearer wet.
                        But really i think this is more of a windproof thing, its so lightweight you could wear it under something, and this would dull the noise.

Comment

• fenrost
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2009

not sure if it's waterproofed,

but spray it with some waterproofing agent...?

Comment

• snafu
                            • Apr 2008

or dip it in a big pot of rubber...

Comment

• nellytheelephant
                              • Mar 2008

Green Raincoat

The noise is fun but the dye running off in rain and ruining anything lighter you might be wearing underneath can be a bit of a drag. I ruined a chainseam white shirt while wearing this coat in a downpour - there are still dye marks which won't come out.

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

well I have umbrellas. :)

but it's actually quite rude and carolly to manufacture such a garment without a purpose really. but it do look great.

sorry to hear about the color bleed through nelly.
                                Last edited by bestial; 05-19-2010, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎