Carol Christian Poell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • May 2007

To make matters worse, Augusta versions are consistently more comfortable than the CCP version.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Not the first time, and probably not the last time.

Comment

• May 2007

It's not the sole or the general shape or the black top with white bottoms, that would put it in the ballpark with one of hundreds of similar sneakers including RO trainers...
      but add the two air vents on the side placed the exact same location, and the large metal rivets for the laces, and it's really pretty close to an exact copy (except Augusta added 2 more holes for the laces)

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
      im sorry to intrude,but do guys actually see a resemblance between the two?
      Fuck me i must be going blind.
      CCP's trainers above seem more like a trainer version of a desert boot(the ones made by clarks).
      Where as the augusta trainers are as has been said before more along the lines of chunky chuck's a la rick.
      I personally think they have more similarities to the saks/con collab, including the sole!!!
      The sole comment above i found absolutley ridiculous.
      Considering almost every high end designer trainer from the likes of lanvin,Neil Barrett,CP'S,even bloody les homme use,not only the
      same sole,but the damn same same last/shape/pattern.
      All with little design differences. Mainly the label stamped on the insole.

Comment

• fenrost
        Banned
        • Mar 2009

it's just happen that augusta has made all kinds of shapes/style in the end product, in the past and current, that deemed him as some sort of replica? i try not to think he is one, maybe until he found his own signature look, then maybe we can safely say he has finally settle with his own vision and he is really doing his own thing.

Comment

• nellytheelephant
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by image View Post
          To make matters worse, Augusta versions are consistently more comfortable than the CCP version.
          The Augusta's are pretty stiff - even with the stupid thick innersole removed. Whereas the Poell's are looser than a loose woman's...

I wore the Poell's the other day and I was positively bouncing down the street but that might just have been me.

Though this years dipped poell high-top feel like wearing football boots a la 1900.

On this general issue of plagiarism it would be really interesting to get Carol's view on what Augusta has been doing...Surely they have met each other?

Comment

• May 2007

Yeah good point...though the stiffness goes away as with all Augusta shoes and you're left with an incredibly comfortable pair.

Originally posted by nellytheelephant View Post
            The Augusta's are pretty stiff - even with the stupid thick innersole removed. Whereas the Poell's are looser than a loose woman's...

I wore the Poell's the other day and I was positively bouncing down the street but that might just have been me.

Though this years dipped poell high-top feel like wearing football boots a la 1900.

On this general issue of plagiarism it would be really interesting to get Carol's view on what Augusta has been doing...Surely they have met each other?

Comment

• nellytheelephant
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by image View Post
              Yeah good point...though the stiffness goes away as with all Augusta shoes and you're left with an incredibly comfortable pair.
              I clearly need to do some wearing.

Comment

• fenrost
                Banned
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by nellytheelephant View Post
                Well, since.. it's not the first time.. something resembles..

Poell must be flattered.

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
                  Poell must be flattered.
                  That's not what I've heard

Comment

• fenrost
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Venus in Furs View Post
                    No, of course not, it's just an ironic statement heh. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". : |

Comment

• the breaks
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Venus in Furs View Post
                      What have you heard then?
                      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• jcotteri
                        • Jun 2008

^seriously? This has long been discussed when Augusta first started to gain popularity on here.. His boots were season after season nearly identical to carols classic goodyear last derbies and boots.. There was talk of Carol refusing to have his work in the same store as Simones.. A.. etc.. and did Lift refuse to carry him at first or is this all made up in my mind?
                        WTB: This

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
                          No, of course not, it's just an ironic statement heh. "Imitation is the sincerest form of theft". : |
                          corrected.

So,from it being a direct copy,it is now the lace holes and vents which are the same? good lawd!!!
                          Even bloody chucks have vents,thousands of trainers have vents.

Im no ambassador for augusta or ccp,but some of the comparisons on the sneakers make me want to just ***^%$@@££*** !

Some people seem to have object dyed blinkers on.
                          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• eton97
                            • Dec 2008

this is seriously nuts - sound like you guys think poell invented the lace up shoe and any iteration is a copy.....go into any shoe shop and there will be 100's of derbies all the same but with slightly different features.....poell is going to be one busy man sueing all these manufacturers....clarks shoes must be seriously worried.........if you like poell, buy poell, if you like augusta, by augusta....and if you like both, buy both - whats the big issue????

......and converse by the way are surely going to sue poell or does a different tongue and some rubber that wears off count as different enough not to be a copy???????????????????.....
                            you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Fry Chicken
                              • Oct 2009

Check the first pages in the Augusta thread.

Comment

• May 2007

Would one of you above that says it's crazy to compare the Poell sneakers with the Augusta sneakers point me to a link of one of the other brands they're talking about that also look identical?

I'm surprised that people don't see the Augusta as almost identical copies but am more than willing to keep an open mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎