Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peasant
    • Jul 2009

you're not the only one... still overkill. too often without the punchline.

Comment

• lost53
      • Dec 2010

ds 74 was satire, Gavagai took the piss, perfection
      ....and Merz, no one like the cleaver one...

Comment

• crouka
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by BSR View Post

What?
        the figures in schiele's work and the character in lowrey's avatar are what hofmannsthal named "praeexistenz".
        someone who oscillates, someone with double ego,
        love and aggression *
        its producer may be a broken child, an alienated feeling, desire, which is usually forgotten as time goes by.
        but sometimes so strong that it is impossible to wipe out completely.
        they say schiele was shy as a kid. perhaps it's because he was sensing some insanity inside, something sexual, sick and subversive.
        there is when I wonder if it's the child that is getting wild in the creative process of carol's work.

* "the hand that whirls the water in the pool stirs the quicksand"

Comment

• ds74
          • Jun 2011

Serious question:

...but what is it that is specific to Poell/his productions in your projection of this type of polymorphous perversity (gleeful, unbordered)? Not necessarily: what traits of his work appear to exhibit this wildness - but, rather or also, what in his methods, repetitions, use of materials etc., hints at something it makes sense to link to Schiele in particular?

I read this question back and it sounds a bit aggressive ('justify yourself!'), but I don't understand why Schiele, beyond a) a certain 'external' similarity within a family of forms (elegance in disfiguration, elongation, torsion) and b) a creative impulse arising from some form of psychological tension.

Maybe I am just looking for some more prompts to develop my own taxonomy of CCPathology...

Comment

• crouka
            • Jul 2007

^ I'm not sure about a few parts of what you wrote, what do you mean by "serious question" ?
            you mean your previous post was not serious, or you mean you have been serious ?

I simply thought (still think) carol must be a schiele fan and that there should be not a few feelings/emotions he recognizes in schiele's work, based on what he had done, sketches, draft, design of clothes, models he chose, concepts (some interest in life or death, etc), etc. it was more of a seeing-is-believing stuff. it was just my personal impression.
            that's what the things I at first wrote were about.

and I added some more thoughts this time anyway while they might not meet BSR's demand.
            so you don't have to force yourself into this link really.
            even if schiele was actually an influence on him, it should be one of many, as he seems to like art, philosophy..., reading those kinds of books, besides subscription to national geographic. he also likes things with wheels. and more
            Last edited by crouka; 09-20-2011, 08:03 AM.

Comment

• comex9
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
              Ok.....so this is what it feels like to be that only idiot who didn't get the joke. My bad.
              This is what happens when my day is filled with financial meltdown and my evening is filled with handy manny, fireman sam and the teletubbies. Throws you somewhat off balance.
              I feel your pain, brother... I feel your pain. Just a different set of kid programs, but to each His own.

Comment

• trentk
                • Oct 2010

http://ccp.motelsalieri.com/index.htm
                "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• crouka
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by comex9 View Post
                  I feel your pain, brother... I feel your pain. Just a different set of kid programs, but to each His own.
                  personally I don't think it is very different in kind from kids programs. I don't think it is more important than them ultimately.
                  but you wouldn't have needed to type that up, if you had been able to understand and deal with "each to his own".
                  I guess it may be better if you show what you expect from others, if you do it yourself,
                  instead of asking, complaining and waiting for others to carter to your taste.

Comment

• the-orb
                    • Jun 2009

Absolutely. I never really paid attention to Schiele's work until I read this. Now I really regret not having visited the Leopold Museum when I visited Vienna a few years ago. Oh, the magic of CCP... On a similar note, if it wasn't for SZ, I might've never seen or at least appreciated as much Vrubel's work in Tretyakov Gallery.

Originally posted by merz
                    the above couple of posts worth of exchange are probably one of the most affirming examples of why this forum is a worthwhile place to spend one's time.

thank you b, & runner.

Comment

• comex9
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by crouka View Post
                      personally I don't think it is very different in kind from kids programs. I don't think it is more important than them ultimately.
                      but you wouldn't have needed to type that up, if you had been able to understand and deal with "each to his own".
                      I guess it may be better if you show what you expect from others, if you do it yourself,
                      instead of asking, complaining and waiting for others to carter to your taste.
                      Is it me, as I don't understand your point at all, regarding your retort. Irrespective of the kids' programs, which had no relevance but to state that my kids watch different things. I was stating that I understand that taking care of my kids and our welfare sometimes imposes on my time researching and reading up on my artistic pursuits.

To assume that I'm 'complaining or waiting for others to cater to my taste'? is presumptuous and arrogant, to say the least. Might I ask, who are you to make such accusations. I was talking to a fellow SZer about our similar dilemmas, balancing our family life with our other hobbies. Excuse me, if you misunderstood my posting, but watch your rebuttals, as many here will not be belittled and are well adverse in debate.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you thought I was making a comment about style and taste, say if I said "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", and you misconstrued it as a criticism to the prior artwork or discussion. Anyways, I may be making to much of this, as I believe your statement is somewhat diluted in understanding.

Excuse my walking straight into your intellectual debate, but I appreciate your contributions, as it's titillating to read the discussion.

Comment

• Ivans On High
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2008

Comment

• comex9
                          • Jan 2009

^ LOL, exaclty... and I apologize for even posting... As Forrest Gump put it "sorry I had a fight in the middle of your black panther party."
                          Last edited by comex9; 09-26-2011, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• crouka
                            • Jul 2007

what you said in the last context was basically "curved penis" and "your pain". don't you think you might come across as someone who was bored and asking for another thing that is interesting to you.
                            and this time, "retort", "belittle", "fight". it looks as if you were trying to make up something.
                            I'm talking to you comex9.
                            as someone who tries to make the thread and discussion relevant.
                            though it seems it failed. and ending up with this post that has nothing to do with "designers and their work"

but seriously, sorry for misunderstanding you and disturbing your mental harmony in that post.
                            which is really my bad.
                            I could not think you were simply talking about kids programs.

Comment

• BUMMER
                              • Feb 2010

Wow.

Not a speed-post by the way.
                              I really mean it: Wow.

Comment

• eton97
                                • Dec 2008

Bummer. Agreed - its a bummer. The aggression ruins it completely.
                                And comex9....fireman sam shits on handy-manny. So fuck you
                                you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎