Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wax
    • Sep 2009

Does anyone have experience washing the taped chainstitch pieces, i.e shirts or jeans in the washing machine with some spinning? Will the double sided tape hold well - and does the seam allowance fray?

Another question: Any experience self dying the kit fabric jeans? I assume that the threads used are polyester ones and will not change color? What will happen to the glue tape?

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

if KIT is the 2010 denim (I can't remember these codes...), then yes, you can dye it, but the overlock stitching is indeed synthetic so it will keep its colour. I dyed my pair darker and it worked out fine, the contrast stitching looks really nice. if you dye them in 40C water it shouldn't affect the tape any more than regular washing.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• diorowen
        • Aug 2010

the guy in eastern market told me that, after washing the stuff with tape, take a look at the tape, if its started to fray, iron them with low temperature to get the tape back to its place.
        still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• shiliquan
          Banned
          • Nov 2011

anyone know whats the "unlined" "semilined" "lined" mean? i cannt find any difference.

Comment

• Raw
            • Oct 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lining_(sewing)

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

Unlined is exactly that. No lining and the reverse side of the shell material is exposed on the inside. Important to know when choosing a material as some are uncomfortable as hell. Tape seams will be exposed.

Lined is exactly that. Normally a thin, cotton-like material.

"Lined/Unlined" or "Semilined" means there is lining either in the sleeves but not the body or the body and not the sleeves.

Originally posted by shiliquan View Post
              anyone know whats the "unlined" "semilined" "lined" mean? i cannt find any difference.

Comment

• doldrums
                • Dec 2008

curious if you are speaking in terms of jackets or pants.

to further expound on peasant et al:

if speaking in terms of blazers, i think there are several styles including classic lined, letterbox, unlined taped, unlined glued + some of the more recent 2010 styles included visible meltlock (deadend), unlined meltlocked (taped), the 2009 edge and 2010 upturned collar edge, and the "lined unlined" jacket. "lined unlined" specifically was a new style where each block was separately lined and then surgically pieced together at the end. Construction is more obvious upon inspection. while all of the above are distinctly ccp, each with subtle differences in addition to construction (for example, shoulder prominence, sleeve length etc).

if speaking in terms of pants, then a separate discussion.

hope that helps...

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

You gotta stop asking these dumb questions in designers and collections. Take your ass to the shopping section, pronto.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• graydot
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    You gotta stop asking these dumb questions in designers and collections. Take your ass to the shopping channel, pronto.
                    fixed

Comment

• Anwar
                      • May 2012

has anyone ever tried contacting CCP for repairs?
                      Originally posted by Lendar
                      The price is a bit high, but the leather is very quality.

Comment

• crouka
                        • Jul 2007

^ S/S 06

it's already an issue for those who see it that way.
                        it is dying from the beginning.
                        you might have to be prepared for things that may happen.
                        if you don't want to, it is better not to buy it.
                        if you like the way it is dying and accept the state, maybe it will not be a bad buy.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Checked out Fe-Male yesterday at Atelier. Mostly reworks of menswear to fit the female body, which is fine by me. Would look stellar on the right woman. The pieces from reflective fabric were cool, especially fingerless gloves that almost looked like chain-mail. As usual, the suiting was the strongest, as well as the leather (women's fencing was it?). A Poell women's suit would be a kick-ass update on the YSL's Le Smoking.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

A friend went to check it out and said it was impressive. Definitely Male pieces re-designed but a lot of them work as well, if not better on a woman.
                            A note on the reflective pieces: Not sure if it was mentioned in the past but the reflections come from fibers within the fabric. Where-as Nike coats the products in a reflective substance.
                            The materials Carol uses are actually destructive to the machines theyre created on. This attributes to the obscene prices.

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

some good pics of the fe-male ccp up at darklands. even tho it is reworked menswear, for the ladies it is pretty unique. i love the blazers, the breadstick trousers look great. the leather obviously. the only thing that seems a little off is the shirting but its probably cut for a very specific body type.
                              Last edited by cjbreed; 08-21-2012, 12:00 PM.
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• diorowen
                                • Aug 2010

Whats the significant difference in cut for fe-male collection?
                                Say female size 42, and male size 42, will it be different?
                                still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎