X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ionn26
    • Feb 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

[:O] H-R.. you are so right... it never occur to me but now you mention it may be you are right he may be onto a boxing flight with the alien with..

Comment

• Incroyable
      • Mar 2007

I imagine that bag would have been useful for storing one's comforter or duvet--a sort of glorified hobo sack.

Comment

• sbw4224
        • Sep 2006

I've handled an older bag just like that in a smaller size. The ring on the top that closed the bag was solid silver. The bag was actually kind of cool, but it was priced at 2k.

Comment

• explicit
          • Jan 2007

I've been talking a bit with Eastern Market as well and it appears that they have quite the CCP stock for this season. They're carrying the joint pants/shirts as well as the thumb knits.

I'm not allowed to buy anything for the next couple weeks (I just bought a car and an iphone) but I'll be salivating until I can.

Comment

• mass
            • Sep 2006

i want one of those bags but in canvas. ]:

Comment

• DHC
              • Jul 2007

[quote user="mass"]i want one of those bags but in canvas. ]:[/quote]

Did he do that bag in canvas? I'd like to see that if he did. I think that the mouth looks phenomenal in leather though...and the contrast in textures between the loose and reinforced leather makes it difficult for me to avert my eyes.

Originally posted by Faust
              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• mass
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="DHC"]

[quote user="mass"]i want one of those bags but in canvas. ]:[/quote]

Did he do that bag in canvas? I'd like to see that if he did. I think that the mouth looks phenomenal in leather though...and the contrast in textures between the loose and reinforced leather makes it difficult for me to avert my eyes.

[/quote]

i don't think so; i have no idea really. i was just making a comment completely irrelavent to the thread. [:

i really love the bag though. 2k seems a bit modest for it imo...

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                  • Dec 2006

this thread is super-long so i'm not sure if this has been asked...
                  but does anyone know why ccp doesn't do womenswear?
                  and i'm wondering what some of the people think in this forum about menswear compared to womenswear? i mean, i wonder why some designers
                  like raf and poell are mostly mens designers while other choose the women route....
                  and why just one or both, etc....
                  i don't know why but i just feel like if poell made womenswear i wouldnt like him or his designs that much.....weird i know, but i could be wrong.
                  i mean, i love margiela's womenswear but his menswear sucks.

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]this thread is super-long so i'm not sure if this has been asked...
                    and i'm wondering what some of the people think in this forum about menswear compared to womenswear? i mean, i wonder why some designers
                    like raf and poell are mostly mens designers while other choose the women route....
                    i don't know why but i just feel like if poell made womenswear i wouldnt like him or his designs that much.....weird i know, but i could be wrong.
                    [/quote]

Heheh, he did do womenswear, especially in the first seasons. There's some pics throughout this thread, which is a great read by the way.
                    Also, about a page back or so, someone mentioned he did some womenswear pieces for SS07 that I was unaware of. His womenswear looks really cool!
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

Wow, really?! She probably works for Maxfield or something, heheh. Next time you see her you should ask approach her though, I just want to know what kind of Women wears CCP! :) <3 <3
                      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                        • Sep 2006

im sure he does womens wear its just that the stores that we are accustomed too are more based on menswear i would think. eastern market sold the off white paper/deer hooded leather jacket to a female for $10K. dont know if the jacket was for men or women but nevertheless, im sure that there are female productions many in small quantities that we are unaware of. dont know, just my opinion. ^_^ kkk.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]this thread is super-long so i'm not sure if this has been asked...

[/quote]

As far as I know, the Belgians (Dirk Bikkimbergs, Raf Simons, Xavier Delcoure, Wim Neels, Les Hommes, etc.) were first to do menswear only (they all branched out into womenswear much later). I applaud this, actually - because menswear is a much less lucrative enterprise, so there is always a bit of integrity for these guys, in my eyes. It makes me think that they wanted to design for men, that they were looking for clothes that were missing from mens fashion, and decided to create it. Same goes for some of the womenswear designers. Rei Kawakubo and Ann Demeulemeester are two that immediately come to mind - both said in interviews that they just wanted to make clothes for themselves to wear that they couldn't find in existence.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                            • Dec 2006

is clothing more attractive on a man or a woman?

Comment

• cbdas
                              • Oct 2006

Its hard to answer that , there will always be a bias towards which way your sexually inclined. In my opinion I dont think theres anything sexy about the designers work discussed here(mostly menswear)

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

Random question. Does anyone happen to know if L'Eclaireur on Rue Herold is still carrying the "Elephant Boot" and how much they are/were selling it for?
                                Originally posted by Faust
                                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎