• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DHC
    • Jul 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Another way the gloves are styled... thanks goes to our mystery asian friend who models all the CCP we see online :)

I actually like the way they look worn one at a time (a la Helmut Lang) over a knit. If they weren't some insane price, I'd probably spring for a pair to wear just that way. Anyone want to go halfsies on the gloves with me? [75]

[/quote]

The glove/sleeve thing is modeled as a single over a knit on A's site as well. It's an interesting look. Seeing it in the picture above with the sleeve stacking over the top just ruined it for me though.

Originally posted by Faust
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

sorry but the old dior armwarmers do it more for me. wish i still had them.

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

fencing jacket + suit = jim jones "BALLIN!"= $9000 debt

do they still have any more suits?

[/quote]

i think they have a few, have sold out in some sizes (like mine 46)
        suit is amazing. kind of forced myself to buy it first, but one of my fav things now. only got to wear it once though due to the world ending.
        anybody read the times article about the aussies have no more winter clothing line due to GW.

who could have seen that tax break coming? that's crazy.
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]sorry but the old dior armwarmers do it more for me. wish i still had them.
          [/quote]

Hehe you're in luck. I'll be listing a pair of the gray ones with leather thumb slits on ebay this weekend!

Philip, yeah I'm really tempted on them.... I may put a couple of other CCP pieces up for sale to generate funds for the suit. I figure if I sell a blazer and a pair of pants and replace them with a suit that can just as easily be separated then I'll be golden. I've been dying for a pair of perfect fabric/weight pants and CCP does it so well it kills me.

Yet another ongoing project hahaha

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

i haven't seen the construction yet, but is there something about the it that sets it apart from a jil sander suit other than the fabric? or is it more of the cut of the suit?
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

^ dunno. I've never seen a Jil suit but from what I've handled in the past, the CCP suit fabrics are always this slightly more rugged fabric that makes the suit that perfect balance between dressy and sorta punky-ish. Plus the CCP cut is always nice although I can't compare to the Jils because i've never seen em before

Joey do you have photos of Jil suits? Love to see em especially if their price is probably quite a bit lower!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]i haven't seen the construction yet, but is there something about the it that sets it apart from a jil sander suit other than the fabric? or is it more of the cut of the suit?
                [/quote]

The suit is done just like his separates - you can see the exposed construction and all the work that went into it. I also love the double buttons on the sleeves, such a nice touch.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

i love how tight the pants are - even the dior suits dont compare. i also love how tight the arms are, and the sleeve options: they can be easily rolled up or the bottons can be subd with vintage cufflinks. the fabric is rugged. you feel like you could wear it everyday. it does feel punk. i've worn it with ccp boots and it looks ridiculous- like you could roll around in the gutter. the slightly wider lapel scared me at first, but it works and it fits me perfectly, i had no alterations made. i can't remember if i tried on a jil sander suit this year, but last year i did and they were really boxy. this suit is sharp.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

sickness. maybe i'll try one on for shits and giggles.

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

[quote user="xcoldricex"]sorry but the old dior armwarmers do it more for me. wish i still had them.
                      [/quote]

Hehe you're in luck. I'll be listing a pair of the gray ones with leather thumb slits on ebay this weekend!

Philip, yeah I'm really tempted on them.... I may put a couple of other CCP pieces up for sale to generate funds for the suit. I figure if I sell a blazer and a pair of pants and replace them with a suit that can just as easily be separated then I'll be golden. I've been dying for a pair of perfect fabric/weight pants and CCP does it so well it kills me.

Yet another ongoing project hahaha

[/quote]

don't hesitate to let me know if you put up other ccp pieces up for sale....hahahha
                      speaking of the reverse move. i bought those dark grey / black rain trousers last year and i saw the jacket version recently but not im my size. that would be a SICK suit.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]sickness. maybe i'll try one on for shits and giggles.
                        [/quote]

haha better be careful with that credit card!

Comment

• xcoldricex
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

haha i'm broke! i always wanted the earlier ones too, the ones with the leather elbow patches

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]
                            don't hesitate to let me know if you put up other ccp pieces up for sale....hahahha
                            speaking of the reverse move. i bought those dark grey / black rain trousers last year and i saw the jacket version recently but not im my size. that would be a SICK suit.

[/quote]

there's a rain pattern jacket? where did you see it. i have a pair of the trousers that i bought from bellepietra and they're some of the best fitting pants i've tried on. i love them.

Comment

• nycd
                              • Oct 2006

lazzari had them about a month ago - except in size 50 - they may still have other sizes - but it looks like they're gone from the web site. they don't update the site regularly - and i know it doesn't list all of their stock - i bought three CCP shirts from them a few weeks ago - none of which were listed on their site.

Online sales of international clothing brands and young independent designers, unique fashion products result of intense research and selection.

[quote user="ddohnggo"][quote user="philip nod"]

[/quote]

there's a rain pattern jacket? where did you see it. i have a pair of the trousers that i bought from bellepietra and they're some of the best fitting pants i've tried on. i love them.

[/quote]

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

did you ask for ccp shirts that weren't on the site? i wonder what other stock they have that's not on the site.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎