X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hurhur
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
    I am sure it will be possible but I wouldnt want my cobbler to sand them down.
    Thats my job! :-)
    Also I think it will take quite some time to walk them down all the way through the latex.

As for the pair posted on the previous page that started the whole "debate" I would contact the store or CCP directly and check with them before you work on them yourself.
    Poell is very service orientated and will surely help you out in one way or another.
    I get what you say about being anal about my footwear. I'm just concerned as I've never seen such a situation on a pair of rubber dipped sneakers. So I'm just raising this issue up to get some feedback if any. As a customer, it is only logical that I would question the quality.

Anyway, I doubt that CCP would allow a re-dip of any sort as it may open a flow of request of re-dipping from other customers. And this may cause quite a lot of trouble for them.

But I have emailed them to see their response. If it doesn't work out, I'll do the DIY method.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

so the whole re-dipping thing was a sham then???

interesting, well so far in all fairness it seems this is the first time this has happened, and while there may be several possible reasons, I think the horse leather might play a role in that...........

I was seriously contemplating buying the one BSR is selling, but if there is no redipping, possibility then little Z's college fund stays under the mattress or in there form of grey green derbies
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• cowsareforeating
        • Jan 2011

^ you wish they were still available :P

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
          ^ you wish they were still available :P

I have a feeling they are in La Jolla

Comment

• hallucination
            • Jan 2011

to answer the question of the latex 'problem', i have seen many pairs, and own some, and actually some pairs come brand new with a kind of scalloping semi-detachment where the latex meet the leather upper, it looks to be coming away

the mix of these two materials is like a fight, so maybe one shouldn't get so surprised at anomolies. remember you are paying for carol's fight, not perfection

from the photo i can't quite see if it is the same 'problem'

but rest assured i don't think it is a problem - just wear them, it will be years before your feet come through the sole, and by then you will anyways have moved on maybe

i am told only carol himself is allowed to dip the shoes, he dip each one, so if you have a perception of a problem you should just email ccp, they love a query

Comment

• copacetic
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by hallucination View Post

i am told only carol himself is allowed to dip the shoes, he dip each one...
              And "When the prince has gathered about him
              "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• hallucination
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by copacetic View Post
                well you can email your sceptic cat to sergio at ccp and ask him to confirm because that is what he confirmed to me

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

So we're referring to blatant production and material flaws as design 'anomalies' now?

I rest my case.
                  Originally posted by mizzar
                  Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

SZ reads like a hifi gear forum recently
                    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• AENAON
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by hallucination View Post
                      to answer the question of the latex 'problem', i have seen many pairs, and own some, and actually some pairs come brand new with a kind of scalloping semi-detachment where the latex meet the leather upper, it looks to be coming away

the mix of these two materials is like a fight, so maybe one shouldn't get so surprised at anomolies. remember you are paying for carol's fight, not perfection

from the photo i can't quite see if it is the same 'problem'

but rest assured i don't think it is a problem - just wear them, it will be years before your feet come through the sole, and by then you will anyways have moved on maybe

i am told only carol himself is allowed to dip the shoes, he dip each one, so if you have a perception of a problem you should just email ccp, they love a query

I know the same... that Carol Christian himself dips the sneakers several times ...and I agree with ''hallucination'' that Carol Christian's fight are more consistent and important than any sense of 'perfection'.

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

There have been batches in the past that were completely ruined during the latex process. They were un-sellable. So the process is far from perfect.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                          SZ reads like a hifi gear forum recently
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AENAON View Post
                            I know the same... that Carol Christian himself dips the sneakers several times ...and I agree with ''hallucination'' that Carol Christian's fight are more consistent and important than any sense of 'perfection'.
                            Yeah, but can he change water into wine?
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              his invention of the leather jacket with a shirt collar isn't enough for you!?
                              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                well, he did (object) dyed for the sins of many......................

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎