X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

There is no male 42. You are comparing different sizing systems (US 42 = IT 52).
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by merz
      not entirely off. fe-male uses same sizing system as ccp's male offerings (whats on the tag).. fe-male cuts, aside from changes in the pattern besides simple grading, are slimmer in the same marked size. (a fe-male pattern in 44 will run a bit smaller than its male equivalent in same size..) and there is a male 42 if and when you're custom ordering. don't think ccp ever marked us sizing on things..
      true. but on top of that the cuts are really different: for instance, waist on the fe-male blazers is higher. as always, (@diorowen) don't buy this if you cannot try it on. I tried on the 44 in the fe-male dead end blazer, i could close it and move normally, but the silhouette was rather disturbing. looked like cross-dressing.

on a more general note, it's sad because i haven't seen any good fit pic of 2010 female on the web actually. but i can testify it looks insane IRL, of course on the proper body types. also, fe-male is not only mere male styles transpositions. there are unique pieces, like the dress entirely made in the same aluminum/leather than the garbage boots from male or another dress in a juicy bison skin that looks like a body bag or a garment bag (depending of your mood). i'm surprised atelier did not buy it... maybe it will be part of a later arrival.
      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• diorowen
        • Aug 2010

Thx guys. Eastern market hasnt got their fe-male stuff in. So i'm really curious :(.
        And yea, i was thinking if i can get slimmer cut (specially in arms from what i can see from darklands pics) with fe-male collection. But i scared the length of the jacket and the hem might just be different. Given that womens stuff tend to flare at the hem etc.
        Ha,
        But thanks guys, :)
        still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

there was also a beautiful gray wool coat out of a dense yet unusually soft - at least for poell - fabric with some metallic fiber content. my favorite in the collection was the half sleeve blazer. it will be a glorious day for sz if/when someone graces the waywt thread decked out in this.
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• BSR
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by merz
            cheers, that actually does reflect the sizing a bit more closely. and to underscore what bsr said, the pieces are not directly-graded items of menswear, they are significantly re-worked.
            yep, i think to understand properly the relationship between male and female collections one has to keep in mind the CCP garments' property of disturbing human anatomy. Poell's womenswear, exactly as menswear, recreate a different body, more vertical, thinner, with longer segments etc., than the usual human silhouette. As male and female bodies obviously differ, the techniques he uses to reshape and go beyond the human proportions are different. Especially, in fe-male collection, the female body's curves are cancelled. Hence the feeling that male and female collections are somehow "the same", or that one is the mere transposition of the other. Obviously the end results look alike, but the pathways guiding to the unique silhouette that is his trademark are as different as the raw material he starts from (i.e. the male and female bodies).
            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Unexist
              • May 2012

Also in Female CCP everything will be on opposite side )
              Clasp, zippers etc.

Comment

• mattizzle
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                my favorite in the collection was the half sleeve blazer. it will be a glorious day for sz if/when someone graces the waywt thread decked out in this.
                Are you talking about these one here?

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Unexist View Post
                  Also in Female CCP everything will be on opposite side )
                  Clasp, zippers etc.
                  Is that just with female CCP or with all brands that do men's an womenswear?
                  merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Unexist
                    • May 2012

In CCP 100% ,not sure about other brands but many of them do womens on opposite side from mens, so you can easily see that its made for women not for men )))

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                      Is that just with female CCP or with all brands that do men's an womenswear?
                      What did they teach you at St. Martins? Traditionally, yes, the closures for men's and women's are on the opposite sides. Not everyone follows it though.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Unexist View Post
                        In CCP 100% ,not sure about other brands but many of them do womens on opposite side from mens, so you can easily see that its made for women not for men )))
                        I heard he also uses less zipper teeth and stiches for smaller sizes. possibly also less fabric. THIS IS A SECRET THOUGH.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

this is for the most part a general rule but i dont think most designers follow it nowadays

Gaultier for one made it a point early in his career to make the womenswear close left over right like menswear.
                          I dont think at this point with so much unisex clothing and women wearing mens clothing its that important

however cutting for women is a completely different thing

generally speaking women have a shorter torso than men, narrower shoulders prefer tops that have greater definition in terms of bust contours and such. the waist to hip ratio in women is very different too
                          its much more difficult to cut for women than men.........
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            What did they teach you at St. Martins? Traditionally, yes, the closures for men's and women's are on the opposite sides. Not everyone follows it though.
                            My post was written with tongue firmly in cheek! I didn't go st Martins, because im not really a club kid who designs clown costumes.
                            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• snafu
                              • Apr 2008

M how dare you!

I actually own male pieces in a 42.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                                My post was written with tongue firmly in cheek! I didn't go st Martins, because im not really a club kid who designs clown costumes.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎