Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackfedora
    • Jan 2012

They were COIL-PTC. Pic links 1, 2, 3, 4.

As for the CCP vs. a1923 debate, I have not put a pair of a1923 boots through the same ringer, so there is no conclusion from me. For a fair comparison, they would both have to be obverse horse leather that have endured the same beating.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by zamb View Post
      things are made to be used and enjoyed
      Unless it's CCP, hang that shit up like it's art.
      I'm kidding (although I think some do).

Of course I wouldn't mind wearing them or my guidis in the snow or rain, but I don't think I'd be okay wearing and working in anything soaking in 3 inches + of water that wasn't a rubber boot. Enjoying them is one thing, being almost carefree is another. One that my mentality just doesn't sit right with, but hey, that's just me.

I guess I'm just so use to hand washing the more delicate garments, as well as some wools, that I forget shoes, and shirts in this niche market are at such extremes.

Comment

• drizzly
        Banned
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
        They were COIL-PTC. Pic links 1, 2, 3, 4.

As for the CCP vs. a1923 debate, I have not put a pair of a1923 boots through the same ringer, so there is no conclusion from me. For a fair comparison, they would both have to be obverse horse leather that have endured the same beating.
        Thanks buddy, you are always very helpful with info, much appreciated.

Your Coil look more rugged than mine and the sole looks thicker. Did you replace the zipper on them?

Fyi the owner of Serpentine also has Coil boots, Paul I thnk, i had a nice discussion about ccp with him several months ago he was a really nice guy. Someone who you can grab a beer with.

Have you put any of your other footwear through some touch events? Any thoughts?

Finally, a1923... I had a pair and tried on pairs. I feel the sole is a bit thicker on a1923 compared to ccp. But, the treatment a1923 uses on a lot of his more recent models makes them so stiff that you cannot move your foot much so there is a tough break-in period. Whereas ccp i can wear comfortable from day 1 and enjoy.

Comment

• blackfedora
          • Jan 2012

The pair that Paul has are one and the same. Zippers were swapped as they did eventually break. The sole is original, no mods there. No other high end boots to share that have gone through the same repeated beating. In general though, well made horse boots stand the test of time. My grandfather used his Dutch horse leather military boots in the barn for 30+ years, with simple weekly cleaning/oiling and an occasional resoling.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I am glad I was wrong about the functionality of the double zipper.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• drizzly
              Banned
              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
              The pair that Paul has are one and the same. Zippers were swapped as they did eventually break. The sole is original, no mods there. No other high end boots to share that have gone through the same repeated beating. In general though, well made horse boots stand the test of time. My grandfather used his Dutch horse leather military boots in the barn for 30+ years, with simple weekly cleaning/oiling and an occasional resoling.
              As in you own Paul's boots?

Cool on your grandpa's boots, i condition with saphir occasionally, anything else you recommend?

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              I am glad I was wrong about the functionality of the double zipper.
              gotta air those feet out

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                • Jul 2013

I've heard some people here cite a specific year/season for when CCP became the CCP we know today (2010). Is this in regards to his Mainstream/Downstream collection (2004), 2005 (I think I heard this number), or has it been a mostly gradual process? Is his CCP-ness (for lack of better word) a result of dramatic quality and design changes or simply design?

Comment

• drizzly
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2012

Does anyone have pics of the first iteration of CCP tornados? would love to see his first try.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                    I've heard some people here cite a specific year/season for when CCP became the CCP we know today (2010). Is this in regards to his Mainstream/Downstream collection (2004), 2005 (I think I heard this number), or has it been a mostly gradual process? Is his CCP-ness (for lack of better word) a result of dramatic quality and design changes or simply design?
                    This was a radical departure, yes. Having handled a fair amount of pre-CCP CCP stuff, there were interesting fabrics and such, but also plenty of crap. Rumor has it that Deepti joined the team around that time and was instrumental in CCP-ing CCP, but I don't have a first-hand account of that.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

there were some interesting and very conceptual things earlier too, but also a lot of "Italian #menswear with a twist". At some point it seemed like the clothes as well as the whole aesthetic became more structured and less flimsy, I think it developed gradually around 2004-2006. At least around then there started to be a lot more hits and less misses.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        This was a radical departure, yes. Having handled a fair amount of pre-CCP CCP stuff, there were interesting fabrics and such, but also plenty of crap. Rumor has it that Deepti joined the team around that time and was instrumental in CCP-ing CCP, but I don't have a first-hand account of that.
                        Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                        there were some interesting and very conceptual things earlier too, but also a lot of "Italian #menswear with a twist". At some point it seemed like the clothes as well as the whole aesthetic became more structured and less flimsy, I think it developed gradually around 2004-2006. At least around then there started to be a lot more hits and less misses.
                        Thank you.

This link (pdf) http://www.goethe.de/resources/files...pk11700683.pdf claims that Deepti Barth joined in 2005.

Comment

• 出门带刀
                          • Dec 2013

Does anyone know where can i buy this gloves?i heard ccp decided to stop production

Comment

• Schleudersitz
                            • Sep 2014

Most problems like that can be tackled with brute force, but the thread you are looking for is called "Help Finding". The best chance of success comes from locating existing stock somewhere, requesting custom order through a retailer that has a long, good relationship with the company. Or you could always try offering large amounts of money to existing owners. Depends on how much you're looking to spend.

Comment

• noirgt
                              • Oct 2012

Well wrong thread indeed.
                              I believe CCP stop producing this style. Actually everything with leather zipper won't be produced again. You can only buy them from current owners.

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by noirgt View Post
                                Well wrong thread indeed.
                                I believe CCP stop producing this style. Actually everything with leather zipper won't be produced again. You can only buy them from current owners.
                                whats that you say? can you offer any further info?
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎