X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

I second that Joey rocks for posting the pdf! Thanks to everyone else for the rundown on what EM has as well.

It was nice to finally see a solid photo of the crazily jointed jacket. Lovely to look at (and I'm sure lovely to handle...) but yeah, there are better things to be done with that kind of $$$.

I would have loved to see the translucent leather gloves in person. I've only seen those translucent leather boots and they're just so damn cool of a concept. I believe Galliano or some other guy tried using it in the past as well.

The gloves are top notch. I really can't wait until A gets their next shipment...

As for the kangaroo leather tie, it was actually on yahoo auctions not too long ago and sold for a paltry $300 or so... brown object dyed kangaroo leather with overlocked back seam. Definitely an interesting piece to look at.

From EM's photos I can't help but wonder if Carol got a bit TOO esoteric with this collection. Joints that don't fit most people, leather jackets priced out of this world, and many non-practical pieces...

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ionn26
      • Feb 2007

Albert.. do you know how much is the gloves at A?

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

about 60 dollars a finger which we covered last time
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

Wow! Haven't handled the gloves yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for posting Joey!

Pipcleo is right about the hood and bomber jackets. The leather is very thick and the jacket is so heavy it almost requires a second set of hands to get into them.

I don't remember the 'buckle boots' that I saw being cap toe. I think I prefer them without.

The kangaroo tie was something I missed on yahoo auctions. Does anyone know if this season's is done with the overlocked back seam as well? I really liked the look. If it is, anyone have a price point?

Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

[quote user="philip nod"]about 60 dollars a finger which we covered last time[/quote]

That's $50 less per digit than Maxfields is planning to sell them for.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• ionn26
              • Feb 2007

Philip thats why I kept asking because I though 300USD for leather gloves would be a good bargain for CCP .. I would think it would be more... but hey.. 300 is still good..

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

^ That would be $300 per glove. [66] How much is EM selling them for? Maxfields is planning to set the price at $1095. If A is offering these at $600 or under I'm on it.

Measurements for A suit in 50 please please please.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

measurements on A suit coming in tonight. which measurements are you looking for primarily?
                  Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

I am looking for measurements on the trousers. Satoru gave me measurements for the jacket. I thought the trousers would fit with no problems, but after hearing what Albert had to say about them I am unsure. TIA for your help Joey. I do appreciate it.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

I'd say the key for the pants is the waist, hip and thigh measurement. It was the hips and thigh that really got me. The waist fit fine, the rest was just too slim for my legs.

I will post up the size 52 measurements for you as well here Dave! Just in case they may help.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="DHC"]

Wow! Haven't handled the gloves yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for posting Joey!

Pipcleo is right about the hood and bomber jackets. The leather is very thick and the jacket is so heavy it almost requires a second set of hands to get into them.

I don't remember the 'buckle boots' that I saw being cap toe. I think I prefer them without.

The kangaroo tie was something I missed on yahoo auctions. Does anyone know if this season's is done with the overlocked back seam as well? I really liked the look. If it is, anyone have a price point?

[/quote]

As for the leather tie from Carol... I think it was a piece from this season that was on yahoo auctions. Buyer's remorse I suppose hehehe. AFAIK the back seam is completely overlocked. As for the price point... $800-1000 sounds about right.

Comment

• uparmoured
                          • Sep 2007

The tie is $800-ish USD from EASTERN MARKET...
                          FS: M.A+
                          FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

[quote user="DHC"]I am looking for measurements on the trousers. Satoru gave me measurements for the jacket. I thought the trousers would fit with no problems, but after hearing what Albert had to say about them I am unsure. TIA for your help Joey. I do appreciate it.
                            [/quote]

here are the amateur measurements of the trousers. btw, these are probably the best fitting best i've worn.

rise: 11"
                            hem: 7.2"
                            inseam: 31"
                            waist: 16.5" across
                            knee: close to 8"
                            back rise: 13"

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• desultory
                              • Aug 2007

There appears to be some discussion in recent pages about the validity of anatomical design and the idea of joints in CCP garments. With some first-hand experience of the AW07-08 CCP collection and a blissfully 'general' view of avant garde fashion movements in Europe, it is clear that anatomical design is on the increase. Maurizio Altieri, Carol Christian Poell, Sara Lanzi and Luca Laurini are all pushing this envelope to the max. Straight seams are on the out, if there be seams at all - the movement is toward a 'fully-fashioned', anatomical invisibility, which makes fit appear (on the surface) far more specific, but in Lanzi's/Altieri's/Laurinis's case, any outcome cleverly seems to fit most. The same Avantindietro leather coat, with its limited sizings, can fit a woman and a man, each of them of a different stature, such is the way the garment is cut.

Regarding CCP, the validity of the joints is manifold but one thing is for sure: having tried on a pair of the crotch-knee pants the impression is one of the slimmest fit imaginable, but allowing the greatest ease of movement - the result is...they're actually perfect, and fuckin' sexy. It is a design revelation, which the pictures to date on the internet have failed to convey, floundering as they have in Asiatic 'diaperism'.

Further, the swirl of comment around the hooded, articulated leather jacket seems like jealous comment; the stiffest parts of the garment are the forearms, which are doubled-leather: tubelike, they require some 'breaking down' and typically, a la Poell, they reduce movement, but once this is taken on board the garment is a masterpice of jointed movement which must be appreciated in the flesh.

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

[quote user="desultory"]

Regarding CCP, the validity of the joints is manifold but one thing is for sure: having tried on a pair of the crotch-knee pants the impression is one of the slimmest fit imaginable, but allowing the greatest ease of movement - the result is...they're actually perfect, and fuckin' sexy. It is a design revelation, which the pictures to date on the internet have failed to convey, floundering as they have in Asiatic 'diaperism'.
                                [/quote]

Just perfection. Love all your posts man!

Your interpretation of the jointed pants is just what I thought/pictured.
                                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎