X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Looked up the price of those Chrome Hearts sunglasses... my god... over $1500!!!! Terrifying.

Don't worry Buratino my friend :) No harm shall come to you!

Have a safe trip to kiev!!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• mortalveneer
      • Jan 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Looked up the price of those Chrome Hearts sunglasses... my god... over $1500!!!! Terrifying.

Don't worry Buratino my friend :) No harm shall come to you!

Have a safe trip to kiev!!

[/quote]

For that price range, I prefer a few styles of Cartier that are more austere and less gaudy (although I admit MOST cartier is pretty gaudy). That being said, I doubt I'll ever spend that much on sunglasses unless I come into an unanticipated fortune. I did manage to score a pair of vintage white gold Cartier aviators on ebay for $175 four or five years ago...still ranks as one of the best ebay deals I've ever gotten...

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• buratino
        • Feb 2007

don't know, but maybe it's better to try "cuttler & cross" or "linda farrow vintage"?

Comment

• mortalveneer
          • Jan 2008

[quote user="buratino"]don't know, but maybe it's better to try "cuttler & cross" or "linda farrow vintage"?[/quote]

Correct you are...but I suspect your budget makes mine look like that of a medieval peasant, so I am limited to finding bargains...I know Oki-Ni stocked some really nice Linda Farrow vintage for a while, but I haven't hit that site in ages...

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

baller price on those cartiers mortalveneer!

I've been passively looking for a pair of silver aviators. I wore a pair purchased by my girlfriend when we were in Shanghai ($3) that I LOVED but she wore them recently and accidentally left them in a store :(

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• buratino
              • Feb 2007

"medieval" is good & quite a target!

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Chrome Hearts always seemed like the Histoire de Voir theme done up with fugly pewter/silver additions. I dunno, I'll stick with my Orgreens, Derome Brenner, Mykita, and Oliver Goldsmith.

It's not too hard to have sunglasses approach 1k if you need prescription. Lenses for some prescriptions can easily push $250+ alone.

Back to CCP, Eastern Market has the black overlock in a 52, but for quite a lot more than D-Magazin.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

baller price on those cartiers mortalveneer!

I've been passively looking for a pair of silver aviators. I wore a pair purchased by my girlfriend when we were in Shanghai ($3) that I LOVED but she wore them recently and accidentally left them in a store :(

[/quote]

If you find a pair by Helmut Lang - you will be getting a piece of fashion history.

EDIT: BTW, feel free to make a shades page, but search before you make a new one - I think we had something like that at the beginning.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ionn26
                    • Feb 2007

So.. anyone still up for the jointed boots.... I guess I am out of luck with EM...

Comment

• buratino
                      • Feb 2007

still here, Sir. i've mistaken, if we go, my size 'll be 7.

no Ukrainean people here. it's a pity. didn't expect. Kiev is a very beautiful & quiet european city...

Comment

• jj.still
                        • Dec 2006

[quote user="buratino"]

Kiev is a very beautiful & quiet european city...

[/quote]

I've got the same feelings.[Y]

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Some various shots of the gray/green overlock that I had... Not enough photos exist online to show the color/texture of the leather that Carol does!

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

thanks albert what size is this one and how did it fit you?

it reminds me of something from lord of the rings esp the pic in the bathroom.

beautiful. makes me wish i had jumped on johnnys when i had the chance. thanks SZ hahahaa

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

This one was/is a 52 from Lazzari. I parted ways with it... but I'm considering contacting the buyer to see if they would like to do a "return" :)

It fit pretty well. I think a minor pet peeve of mine with CCP jackets is the way they fit through the abdomen. They kinda fit loose there which is weird and takes some getting used to. You can really tell in the old school fencing jacket fit photo with my arms at my sides:

I don't remember if the recent fencings have this sort of cut in the lower half of the torso...

aside from that, it was baller spot on. Sleeves were super slim. I went with the 52 because I had tried on the 50 and with wearing a thick long sleeve lmaltieri shirt I couldn't even get my arm into the sleeve!

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

ive heard a couple of people mention the abdomen issue. the area is def. not as tight as the super tight chest in the fencing, but i don't feel its too loose. i wouldn't really want a tight fit in that area anyway...

w the overlock ive never tried on the 48 which i'd love to do for that season. i can wear the 46 w a sweater underneath so i guess its fine. it has a similiar cut to the RO jackets.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎