• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kira
    • Mar 2008

Re: nicolas andreas taralis

Hi Zamb. been awhile. [51]
    Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]I don't see why he should be at dior. I'd prefer to see him go back under his own name and not have any constraints (or less constraints at least).
      [/quote]

Well, naturally, yea - but we are not talking about an ideal world here.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Those few pics look a lot like Dior when it was good, so I see why people are championing for him to design for Dior. Of course, any designer is better when unfettered by corporate objectives, but Taralis' talent seems to have been underutilized since leaving Dior, so it would be nice for those of us that appreciated his aesthetic if his designs were more widely available. I love that long jacket with buttons on one side and zipper on the other, it vaguely reminds me of that beautiful reflection era jacket Les was selling awhile back (i think snafu has it too).

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="deuxmille"]I don't see why he should be at dior. I'd prefer to see him go back under his own name and not have any constraints (or less constraints at least).
        [/quote]

Well, naturally, yea - but we are not talking about an ideal world here.

[/quote]
        music

Comment

• drexl
          • Sep 2006

Actually, I'd like to see Taralis doing Helmut Lang instead, both menswear and womens, instead of the Colovos (would make more sense since he apprenticed with Helmut). That'd be quite awesome, but would prolly never happen with Theory as owners...

Comment

[quote user="drexl"]

[/quote]

where to cop han solo pants?

Comment

• drexl
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="xadam"]

[/quote]

http://www.why-lip.com/nicolasandreastaralis_mens/15/

Not cheap...

Comment

[quote user="drexl"][quote user="xadam"]

[/quote]

http://www.why-lip.com/nicolasandreastaralis_mens/15/

Not cheap...

[/quote]

thanks. i will have to raise my smuggling fees to procure these.

with my ccp vest and cloak shirt, i have almost perfected the outfit. if anyone is selling blasters for cheap, do hit me up.

Comment

• mass
                  • Sep 2006

btw this is what tricotineacetat posted on tfs...

i don't know if it was discussed elsewhere before, but nicolas has quietly relaunched his signature line with a small capsule menswear collection for ss'09, shown only to buyers and editors in the showroom.

he also designed a small teaser collection exclusively for one of his earliest customers, 'why are you here...?' in osaka, which can be seen and pre-ordered on their website:

0:

anyone have more info?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

new info on what? the capsule collection is on the previous page. i don't know why tricotin does not post here - he'd be a great addition to sz.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

new info on what? the capsule collection is on the last page. i wish tricotin posted here - he'd be a great addition to sz.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• drexl
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]new info on what? the capsule collection is on the previous page. i don't know why tricotin does not post here - he'd be a great addition to sz.
                        [/quote]

On the relaunched mens line I guess, seems like that's a different thing from the "Why are you here?" teaser collection I posted last page. I invited tricot back when SZ just launched, dunno why he didn't join :/

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

[quote user="mass"]btw this is what tricotineacetat posted on tfs...

i don't know if it was discussed elsewhere before, but nicolas has quietly relaunched his signature line with a small capsule menswear collection for ss'09, shown only to buyers and editors in the showroom. he also designed a small teaser collection exclusively for one of his earliest customers, 'why are you here...?' in osaka, which can be seen and pre-ordered on their website: 0:

anyone have more info?[/quote]

theres probably not a whole lot of info floating around - he is (re)launching in the spring, and his website will probably be updated later in the fall.
                          Last edited by lowrey; 09-12-2008, 05:49 AM.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

if anyone has questions they'd like to ask Nicolas, please pm me
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                              if anyone has questions they'd like to ask Nicolas, please pm me
                              WHOA!!! Looking forward to the future issues of Scoute :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

ask him if he's ready to take over DH after KVA barfs up one more entire collection that reaches 70% off at barneys.

seriously, wish he was more accessible. couldn't even find the cerutti stuff anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎