• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by reborn View Post
    The same happened in NYC at the Pop-up Store over the weekend...even in the bad weather.
    Hype is immortal.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mamaboy
      • Mar 2008

but collette store is nothing special---street culture is over---i do not get it....stupid me as always
      but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

mmmm, leather....
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

i still don't like his tailored pieces.
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
              i still don't like his tailored pieces.
              agreed. he no good at tailoring.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
                why exactly? I'm curious about what makes a tailoring good. I'm not a RO expert.
                I don't know - it just doesn't fit well.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

^ no, i think he's a shitty tailor.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

Dunno. maybe it's just his interpretation of what suiting should be, just simply isn't his strong suit.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I don't think he's ever trained as a tailor. I don't think he should be doing tailoring at all for that matter. Why? It's not his style and it's not him. Can you imagine rick in a blazer?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hanajibu
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        I don't know - it just doesn't fit well.
                        true, the jacket and cropped trouser combo look really awkward hanging like that...

I tried them on together (in black) at the RO NY store, the trousers are too big in the waist for me, even at the smallest size, but the jacket had a nice fit, long sleeves like his leathers but the bottom hit about mid-thumb, and high armholes. Sort of 3D wraparound fit in the body. I didn't love it enough to buy it, though. But I fear I'd have more luck with a RO jacket than a CCP one, which tend to be far too tight in the sleeves at my size (46).

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

Raf suiting also fits like a coffee table, which makes sense as he was a furniture designer. not his strong suit either.

on a side note, suiting/tailoring is one thing that KVA, gulp, does well.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          I don't think he's ever trained as a tailor. I don't think he should be doing tailoring at all for that matter. Why? It's not his style and it's not him. Can you imagine rick in a blazer?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Interesting you say this, Kunk. I haven't tried on a Raf suit in a few years, but I used to love Raf PRECISELY because of his stellar tailoring. I mean it used to be absolutely fantastic and I'd never hesitate recommending a Raf suit to anyone. Maybe it's not the case anymore, or maybe you just had a bad experience?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

actually, this season's suits appear a bit more trad and therefore, may fit better, but i've found in the last few seasons that the chest is too wide, shoulders too narrow in relation, and the armholes even higher/narrower than prior. I have the fish scale/polymide blazer from last fall and had to have it tailored like hell. granted my proportions are a bit of an anomally, but still, it just felt off. his outerwear tailoring is still outstanding IMO. I still only buy prada suits (the fully-canvassed, belvest made ones)as they fit me best.

BTW, I picked up the rothko-esque Raf sweater yesterday which is really beautiful and well cut. I'm really curious to see seven's raf buy as jeffrey and barney's thus far are really restrained.

Comment

• maldoror
                                • Jun 2007

It's also important to take differing body sizes/proportions into account, i.e., a suit that's cut brilliantly for one body type will look terrible on another body type. to wit: I'd be amazed if the raf suiting that I'm familiar with would in anyway work for kunk without serious alteration. This does not mean it's poor tailoring, it just means it's not tailored to you.

EDIT: noticed that you acknowledged this issure ("granted my proportions are a bit of an anomally, but still, it just felt off") so I guess I just disagree. whatevs.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎