• Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: RICK OWENS

^yeah, i bet that's it. I don't have long anything--5'3" [70]

[86]

edit: Servo, do it! I kinda liked it...[79]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

[quote user="laika"]

^yeah, i bet that's it. I don't have long anything--5'3" [70]

[86]

edit: Servo, do it! I kinda liked it...[79]

[/quote]

5'4" 1/2- have to have that 1/2 there- makes a difference [74] yes servo post please.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

Here we go... (Willhelm FW 08 / 09 Thread)
        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• kira
          • Mar 2008

[quote user="kira"][quote user="laika"]

i know servo...not one of my better metaphors...but stuffed sausage never made sense to me either. [86]

[quote user="kira"]

As far as the RO stuff, I still can't wrap my head around the skirts. I have one that I bunch and wear over leggings but I am short and I do have some hips and i am not quite sure how they look on me. totally different than i am used to wearing...and the jeans and cotton pants are always just way toooo long on me as well, at least the ones i find there. So i am limited to mostly tops and his knit pants and shorts. Perhaps there are pants somewhere else in Rick land that are for me [75]

[/quote]

The one that I have seen you in looks great on you. [51] i think you have some magic synergy withhis designs, because I find them quite difficult for myself. Also, you wear it like a dancer would wear it, and I think that helps a lot. [75]

NEVER would have guessed from your picturesthat you are short ...I was just looking at your waywt from last night and was going to comment that I am envious of your height (and Ann D vest). [86]

[/quote]

maybe its an illusion- i am avg female height i think but definitely not tall. perhaps i have long legs?

[/quote]

to add: thank you [51] for the gracious comments -i will have to make myself feel more at ease in that skirt- magic synergy--the clothes feel really great on me and i feel at home in most of them...[64]

you wear it like a dancer would wear it- i love this comment- the whole idea - the feeling it brings to me- i guess i never thought about it exactly like that before. i know that how i feel and how i can move in the pieces affect me greatly and affects what i purchase- thus the RO pieces- stretchy movable drapey flowy all of them...and then i think about how a non dancer would wear the same items. so interesting. i am going through a huge transformation right now with my dance and being, if i can go there, and it is so amazing to all of the sudden be able to have such a direct connection with a designer's creation. i hope it continues because my dance and the clothes as a combination are really feeding this growth in an immense way.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"][quote user="kira"]

[86] bought a few things... tried on another ilaria nistri shirt that can go on 17 different ways- not my size and got too frustrated with it- i think someone needs to style it for me [:$], bought a couple drkshdw things, jacket and shirts and an ilaria nistri long tank. not too much in my size, which is probably a good thing.

[/quote]

you are shopping up a storm lady! [H] Glad you found some stuff. I think I saw that IN thing--long sleeves, lots of twists, size L? I was tempted, but not enough to brave it in those fitting rooms (they are icky).

Also tried on some drkshdw/RO stuff in the spirit of camaraderie, but am pretty sure that Faust has had a talk with Rick and that Rick is out to get me. All his clothes make me look, as ever, like a stuffed anaconda. [79]

[/quote]

lol. can't say i wasn't tempted! well, i hope the day when i can talk to rick is not too far away.[79]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mesh
              • Dec 2006

How long does komakino take to respond? Shot them a mail yesterday through sz and still have not heard anything back.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

It just depends. I'm sure someone will respond by tomorrow at least.
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• mesh
                  • Dec 2006

Yep, I might shoot them a pm later.

Laika's anaconda metaphor conjured up a sultry image in my mind, sorry!

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

well,if you think that's agood look mesh, perhaps i needto rethink my self image. [86]

[quote user="kira"]

to add: thank you [51] for the gracious comments -i will have to make myself feel more at ease in that skirt- magic synergy--the clothes feel really great on me and i feel at home in most of them...[64]

you wear it like a dancer would wear it- i love this comment- the whole idea - the feeling it brings to me- i guess i never thought about it exactly like that before. i know that how i feel and how i can move in the pieces affect me greatly and affects what i purchase- thus the RO pieces- stretchy movable drapey flowy all of them...and then i think about how a non dancer would wear the same items. so interesting. i am going through a huge transformation right now with my dance and being, if i can go there, and it is so amazing to all of the sudden be able to have such a direct connection with a designer's creation. i hope it continues because my dance and the clothes as a combination are really feeding this growth in an immense way.

[/quote]

That's reallywonderful to hear, kira. Beautiful post. [51][51][51][51][51]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Johnny
                      • Sep 2006

man-booby-alert

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

OMFG Rick's modeling for Yooxxxxxxxxxxx
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

man-booby-alert

[/quote]

Funny, I was going to post this today - YOOX rules.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jak1
                            • Dec 2007

anyone know how the 05 jackets fit relative to the 07? I am a large in 07.. I was thinking of buying this jacket.. also, anyone know what kind of leather this is? it does not look so soft or thin.. thanks, -JAK
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220219559448&_trksid=p 3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

mmmm, I've handled this jacket and it's not that great. The quilt-stitch combined with the dullish pebbled leather falls short of what I expect of Rick.

Between this one and the blistered black one for $800, I'd go with the latter.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• jak1
                                • Dec 2007

thanks for the advice.. i have a new black RO that I just bought a few weeks back.. and that blister looks rather ugly in the pics. so, i will hold out for a different brown one..

very helpful.. -JAK

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎