No announcement yet.

Rick Owens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they go with my ideals. to me they're not a trend.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
      Jonn (or anyone else, actually) have you guys seen the Rick Owens hi-top chucks in person? How bad is it...I remember Dick came out with a low top sneaker during the height of his Terminators hype, and it was similarly priced but much less impactful than its revolutionary counterpart.
      I agree with Cas, they are ridicilously priced for a canvas sneaker. I like the shape though, I'd consider them for half the price.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

They are canvas? That is pretty sad to hear, at the price I read about, and from the vague pic I could make out, I thought it was in that fuzzy burnt out leather that Rick uses in his combat boots, which would be kinda ill for a converse rip off and more justifiably the price.
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• surver
          • Oct 2007

RO furniture

all right, before anyone gives me shit about similar topic postings again, i'm posting this series due to the interest in seeing fashion designers crossing fields into designing lifestyle products that further expand their vision beyond clothing and accessories... aside from the ones already posted - vincenzo de cotiis (haute) & ann demeulemeester - perhaps R O's furniture best shows his 'being' - what he's about - in a diffferent light...

(not sure if all this has already been posted since 139 pages is alot to go thru; if so, sorry)

(all images from: Jousse Enterprise Furniture, Paris)

Comment

• surver
            • Oct 2007

from honeyee.com -

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

I know they've been posted before but they are truly beautiful to look at either way.

Would love to have a wood chair and small lamp in my apartment.
              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

anybody know how much those lamps cost? pretty fly.
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

I've always liked the chairs and have been meaning to make something similar for ages, was just thinking about it again after seeing a couple of them at Barneys. but bending plywood is a pain in the ass so I need to figure out a slightly different design
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• bestial
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                    I've always liked the chairs and have been meaning to make something similar for ages, was just thinking about it again after seeing a couple of them at Barneys. but bending plywood is a pain in the ass so I need to figure out a slightly different design
                    But kind of a fun process I think Did a table for a school project one time, and it had two different curves where I placed bent plywood as legs.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

I've only tried it once.. how thick was the sheet you used, was it tough to bend?

with the chairs you'd actually need a concave shape in the corners which would probably be pretty hard to pull off well. I think Rick used fiberglass on those parts though, at least on some chairs.

Comment

• bestial
                        • Jun 2008

come to think of it, it wasn't plywood, it was structured MDF-wood! my mind is playing tricks on me.

but I guess it could be done a ton of ways, use strips of plywood to do the curviest of curves etc. wouldn't be as slick though.

Comment

• Oct 2008

that coffee table (?) second from the bottom looks like quite a dangerous living room obstacle.

Comment

• Tyro
                            • Nov 2008

There is a video of rick talking about his furniture. Including the weird animal stuff. He makes 1:1 cardboard models of them.

I cant remember which video it was from, but I think it is in this thread.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by surver View Post
                              Thanks, surver.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darker shades
                                • Nov 2008

awwww the akin spirits.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎