• Show
Clear All
  • pipcleo
    • Jan 2007

and those silk shorts for 1400 ?

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

prices may be ridiculous but at least their buy wasn't as tasteless as zekka's...

Comment

• Staton Viguier
        • Jan 2008

not to mention their augusta offerings..

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

they really need to hire someone else to do their buys...

Comment

• pipcleo
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by dji View Post
            they really need to hire someone else to do their buys...
            wouldnt be so bad if it at least arrived in a realistic time compared to us/europe deliveries.
            Arriving now so many months later just as the real world recovers from sale mode is distasteful and mildly suspicious

Comment

• magic
              • Feb 2009

anyone knows about the white label that inside the side pocket of leather jacket is usually hand sew or machine sew?
              Focusing on object details

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

the materials tag?

99% sure it's machine sewed. Very few parts of very few pieces from very few lines are hand sewed these days. Grandma pieces definitely have a lot of hand sewed/finished components to them... moreso than most other brands from what I can see.
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• magic
                  • Feb 2009

yes it the materials tag^ mine was hand sewed. i feel that its kinda odd so wondering how about you guys that own the leather from current season..
                  Focusing on object details

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

is yours a sample or did you buy it off the rack or did you buy it secondhand?
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• knitwit
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                      I just want to say I've been in love with these since I saw them, but not for the price.

Comment

• Mar 2009

I love those shorts, but I wouldnt even consider a pair since they're way too long for me.

Had the chance to take a look at the gradiant jacket and I was highly disapointed. sure, it looks good, but Rick has done other beautiful jackets for less than the price they were asking for that one (near 5k)

Comment

• DamageX
                          • Dec 2008

I saw a few pop up on ebay, good chance to get a gradient for under the 3.7k they retailed for.

Comment

• Mewtu
                            • Dec 2008

as for DJI's post, prices are in AUD. Slightly less ridiculous, still bad though.

edit: I feel like if I had my feet closer than a foot and a half apart those shorts would look really goofy.
                            Originally Posted by ProfMonitoff: "Then my friend's cat crapped on it and the dry cleaner couldn't fix it "

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

If people are feeling the RO shorts, definitely go for it.
                              Just my personal opinion that my favorite Rick pieces are constructed with articulated points and twisted seams that create a pretty tailored fit if you get the right size.
                              Again, I'd just like to see him try some non-denim cropped pants/shorts that have some interesting seams and darts for a nice, tailored, articulated kind of fit.

But having seen some of those shorts out in the wild, they start to look a lot less like fashion and move closer to something like Cosplay where people appear to be wearing costumes instead of clothing.

Maybe I just feel that 'glam/grunge' (RO words, not mine) doesn't intersect very well with grossly oversized motocross/sports influenced garb. Most of his pieces in the line fit together beautifully like a puzzle but when a piece sticks out, it tends to stick out hard.
                              Originally posted by mizzar
                              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                                • Nov 2008

I just think that Rick sees the dropcrotch selling well, or at least very appreciated, to give him a bit more credit, and takes it to a more extreme level by dropping the crotch EVEN MORE. This is the essence of the sporty side of Rick. Excess, excess, look at the trainers, they're excessive in spades.
                                Originally posted by philip nod
                                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎