X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hobo
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by huckleberry View Post
    I died worry that it would get damaged very easily, the blistering looks like it could result in the whole top layer peeling off if accidentally knocked against something whilst walking.

That is exactly what will happen. I don't think that you'd even have to bang it against something while walking. Just the natural movement of the jacket as you move will result in the further distressing of the leather. If you're not into the idea of the texture evolving, this is not the jacket for you.
    "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• kbi
      • Feb 2009

I love the idea of texture evolving but I want the jacket to keep me warm and protect from weather.. So does the jacket really have a functional aspect that can reach up to a "normal" rick leather or not? Because seeing comments saying it feels really thin makes me kind of very precautious.. I'm very interested in buying this jacket but if functionality goes lost with design then the blistering is nothing but a gimmick in my eyes

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

If you need something smooth, substantial and warm for the winter i would go for the oiled calf! Its
        I will get my high collar back from the tailor next week. Was at the fitting today, she is doing an amazing job. With slight tailoring the whole thing fits like a glove...anyway, i wont wear it for the next 2 month...
        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• hobo
          • Jul 2009

^Agreed.
          It doesn't sound like this is a leather for you. I think that there may be issues with wearing it in the rain aswell, although that wouldn't bother me too much. I think that this is more of a second jacket. I agree with theAddict, oiled calf or one of the more basic leathers would be far more versitile as a first buy.

Have you seen the m.a+ heavy leather biker (http://www.pollyanna.com/products.ph...on=M.A.%2B). I've got last winter's, but the leather on this one is rocking. You could seariously abuse it and it will just get better and better.
          "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• theaddict
            • Apr 2008

Ma leather is forever...
            Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• DHC
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Hobo View Post
              ^Agreed.
              It doesn't sound like this is a leather for you. I think that there may be issues with wearing it in the rain aswell, although that wouldn't bother me too much. I think that this is more of a second jacket. I agree with theAddict, oiled calf or one of the more basic leathers would be far more versitile as a first buy.

Have you seen the m.a+ heavy leather biker (http://www.pollyanna.com/products.php?categoryid=3497&description=M.A.%2B). I've got last winter's, but the leather on this one is rocking. You could seariously abuse it and it will just get better and better.
              Agreed. This is a great jacket and the leather pollyanna received it in is beautiful. Highly recommended! If you are looking for a leather jacket, I suggest clicking the link and kopping!
              Originally posted by Faust
              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                IMO the texture was just not like I suppose a leather to be...
                To me, it felt like a very soft cotton jacket. Not as thick and resistible as I imagine leather to be. Feels very light, almost artificial.
                great description. it's cozy. I love it. dick is sensual designer&@@@@$!&
                don't worry about distressing falling off
                I have o8 one and no problems
                this is the leather that you wear when you want to hug yourself all day
                the oiled calf is sweet armor
                the hammered lambskin is a worn shield
                grades of sensuality and malfunctioning states of leather
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• hobo
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                  great description. it's cozy. I love it. dick is sensual designer&@@@@$!&
                  don't worry about distressing falling off
                  I have o8 one and no problems
                  the oiled calf is sweet armor
                  the hammered lambskin is a worn shield
                  grades of sensuality and malfunctioning states of leather
                  Absolutely!

Comment

• empaulio
                    • Mar 2009

I brought a blistered leather jacket from AW09, from the womens line the funnel neck one he does each season. I must admit it is a bit thin but I love the texture of the leather. The fact that it will change with wear I think is part of having a leather jacket, they get better with wear just with this treatment maybe more then a thicker calfskin.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                      this line is one of the best things i've read all week, thanks.
                      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Mar 2009

anybody know if they still have some sleeveless hoodies and/or the combo poplin jacket at the ny store and if they are on sale?

Comment

• crz
                          • Apr 2008

just wondering how much the rick owens fur monsters retailed for? read somewhere that they were a couple thousand??

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by *** View Post
                            anybody know if they still have some sleeveless hoodies and/or the combo poplin jacket at the ny store and if they are on sale?
                            call them
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kbi
                              • Feb 2009

lol. fur monsters are something between 800 and 900 bucks

Comment

• Silk
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by crz View Post
                                just wondering how much the rick owens fur monsters retailed for? read somewhere that they were a couple thousand??

^oops late, redact

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎