• Nov 2007

the bitter color is bait for sugar daddies taking their arm candy shopping
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
      the bitter color is bait for sugar daddies taking their arm candy shopping
      sold!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hobo
        • Jul 2009

I bought the mollino in bitter, for the store this time. I love it...

Just wish I had a sugar mummy to buy it for me!!!
        "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Venus in Furs
          Banned
          • Aug 2009

I know it's been out for quite some time now, but I'm just wondering whether anyone here has Rick's book. Curious as to what everyones thoughts and opinions were on it. Is it available to purchase online, I'd really like a copy.

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

Does anyone have reasonable sized images of men's F/W 07 and F/W 08? Searched for 2008 which I figured we would've had but couldn't find it - I have a good deal of the looks but I know I'm missing a few and mine for F/W 07 are woefully small. Thumbnail status.
            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• croatoan
              • Jul 2007

Tokyo shop opened on Saturday. A lot of the same item/s over and over.

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                Banned
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                Does anyone have reasonable sized images of men's F/W 07 and F/W 08? Searched for 2008 which I figured we would've had but couldn't find it - I have a good deal of the looks but I know I'm missing a few and mine for F/W 07 are woefully small. Thumbnail status.
                Not much, but there's a few from Creatch and Stag here. If anyone has more pics from Stag I'm interested.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Venus in Furs View Post
                  I know it's been out for quite some time now, but I'm just wondering whether anyone here has Rick's book. Curious as to what everyones thoughts and opinions were on it. Is it available to purchase online, I'd really like a copy.
                  It's alright. It's pretty much photos of people/things that Rick likes. If you really like Rick's work, I suppose it's worth it.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• quiet noise
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2008

Its funny, judging by the interviews and articles ive read about Mr. Owens, he doesnt appear to be the brightest guy around.
                    Dont get me wrong, im a huge fan of Rick and his work, but i always thought a "creator" like him who obviously possess a high level of artistic talent would have more interesting things to talk about than sex clubs and physical exercise.

Comment

• kbi
                      • Feb 2009

it's all aout the image u know. U don't throw pearls to the pigs.

Comment

• quiet noise
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2008

I suppose that is true, but i remember seeing a video interview where he says something like "fat chance im gonna take french lessions, i know i could and i should but i dont want to. i have enough lawyers now so i dont have to speak french ever" and if he really means that then he lost a lot of respect from me.
                        i mean moving to one of the worlds biggest cultural metropoles but refusing to learn its native language? seems like pure ignorance to me.

Comment

• kbi
                          • Feb 2009

Well I think you're partially right but of course you could say that about I don't know how many rich people. :) And in a certain way it's perhaps just his honesty... Perhaps it's just his american soul speaking :)

I helped out in a restaurant last week where a lot of tourists stop by. It's almost without exception always the americans who - when ordering - start talking english as if they were at home. It's somehow funny as they don't really think about it. Whereas for example french, spanish or arabian people will try to talk german and will mostly also take offense if I answer in english or french instead.

I think it's both. partly american "philosophy", partly "ignorance"

Comment

• Nikov
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
                            I suppose that is true, but i remember seeing a video interview where he says something like "fat chance im gonna take french lessions, i know i could and i should but i dont want to. i have enough lawyers now so i dont have to speak french ever" and if he really means that then he lost a lot of respect from me.
                            i mean moving to one of the worlds biggest cultural metropoles but refusing to learn its native language? seems like pure ignorance to me.
                            i remember that interview. to me, that came off more as arrogant than ignorant.

Comment

• quiet noise
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2008

On the other hand, i admire Rick for his honesty. He's not afraid of admitting that he has no interest in learning french, or that he several times has considered to sell his company and settle down. He even openly admits that he has little interest in fashion and that he considers designer clothing to be a waste of money. I dont think its about image either, i belive that When people in his position claim that they value artistic integrity and independance above anything and that they never ever have considered to "sell out", THAT is whats called image (or just pretentious bullshit).
                              Rick is not desperatly clinging on to some false, idealised image of the starving artist, or any other worn out cliché. He just wants to make a decent living by doing something wich he enjoys.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
                                Its funny, judging by the interviews and articles ive read about Mr. Owens, he doesnt appear to be the brightest guy around.
                                Dont get me wrong, im a huge fan of Rick and his work, but i always thought a "creator" like him who obviously possess a high level of artistic talent would have more interesting things to talk about than sex clubs and physical exercise.
                                Rick is smart, take it from me. A lot depends on the interviewer. And fashion media by and large is worthless. Just read any interview in the Interview magazine. Fucking amateurs.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎