Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

i always find it amusing when people who do not know someone discuss the motivations of a creator based on snippets from interviews. just wants to make a decent living? give me a break.

kbi, use your brain on this one. americans don't speak german normally. unfortunately we don't speak on average 4 languages like the swiss. we only speak american english and if you're lucky bad versions of other languages they briefly studied in school like french or spanish, def. not german. every time i tried to go to a country to improve my language skills in the 90's it was the people there that only wanted to practice their english, so its a catch 22. when you speak the LCD of languages, thats all you end up speaking.
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• DamageX
      • Dec 2008

Perhaps it was a misinterpretation of this quote:

"Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead."

Comment

• crz
        • Apr 2008

rick owens tokyo:

Comment

• mamaboy
          • Mar 2008

fuck french...fucking culture nazis
          but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• kbi
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
            i always find it amusing when people who do not know someone discuss the motivations of a creator based on snippets from interviews. just wants to make a decent living? give me a break.

kbi, use your brain on this one. americans don't speak german normally. unfortunately we don't speak on average 4 languages like the swiss. we only speak american english and if you're lucky bad versions of other languages they briefly studied in school like french or spanish, def. not german. every time i tried to go to a country to improve my language skills in the 90's it was the people there that only wanted to practice their english, so its a catch 22. when you speak the LCD of languages, thats all you end up speaking.

So you kind of just answered it yourself. When you're raised in a huge country where everyone just speaks american english you won't see the need to learn a new language. thanks for that

Comment

• cabl3
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Eternal
              The tokyo store looks a bit like the London one, I like it a lot from what I can see!

And about the "working out" quote I think what he was trying to say is that a lot of people just think about what they can buy to feel content with themselves, but working out would make you feel good about yourself as well. So don´t stop buying clothes, but buy one RO cardigan less a year, and spend the money on a membership at the gym or some running shoes.

I must say, I kind of agree with him. I like to feel skinny, not bulky, but I still like working out, or at least keeping myself healthy. I don´t remember the name right now, but the model at the NY gallery looks really good IMO, and look at him, he must work out a lot.
              I agree with that very much...but I have to add that buying clothes can and often is confused as the defining factor in personal image. I think Rick may have also referred to the fact that sometimes people forget that the easiest, cheapest way to look good is to be healthy. Not even all the Rick Owens cashmere/silk blend drapey shirts or leather jackets can have as great an effect on how you look as staying healthy and fit.

In other words, there is not a positive relation between amount of clothes you buy and how good you look.
              "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
              - Wilde

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by kbi View Post
                So you kind of just answered it yourself. When you're raised in a huge country where everyone just speaks american english you won't see the need to learn a new language. thanks for that
                you are too dense to understand my point which is obvious but somehow lost on you. when everybody wants to speak your native tongue and it is the universal language it is nearly impossible to learn other languages
                of all the languages you speak you probably learned them out of necessity in whatever socio cultural paradigm you found your humble elitist rot festering it's becoming a necessity to speak Spanish butnot French or German.
                anyway fuck this and fuck your anti americanism. go find a Swiss forum.

Comment

• kbi
                  • Feb 2009

I'm not anti american I was talking about why masta reek doesn't want to learn french when u barged in and took this too personal lol :) U said yourself that it's difficult to learn other languages and I just wanted to make the point that it's perhaps for rick's historical background in the U.S. why he doesn't see any necessity to learn french when all his friends and relatives speak english.

But yes you can of course always see offense in everything. Just chill and stop waiting for the next best moment to say fuck you.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

just trying to bring some excitment to a non affliate thread
                    bomb diffused
                    you could have used a better story to illustrate your point
                    one that didn't make me sympathize w American tourists lol

Comment

• mamaboy
                      • Mar 2008

from last tarantino movie "i know its a retorical question but do american speak any language beside english?".....
                      but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• mizzar
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by merz
                        Ради прикола.
                        "аривидеръчи"
                        "я майже чистокровний італ'яно"
                        "а шо?"

it was translated brilliantly to Ukrainian.
                        ____
                        sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mamaboy View Post
                          fuck french...fucking culture nazis
                          /\ proust fan?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

the oki-ni model makes everything look fucking awful:

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2009

^ Hey man, what's Assin got in the way of Rick atm?

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

a 6 month wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡