X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
    lol. i've actually been LOOKIN for this one. if it wasn't so goddamn over-priced (it's a cotton knit, wtf...), i'd have bought it now.

thought the body was longer though...
    Had to look at the various iterations and didn't really like any of them, felt also way to heavy for summer.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
      Had to look at the various iterations and didn't really like any of them, felt also way to heavy for non-scandinavian summer.
      fixed

btw. u know if there are versions of this knit that are longer in the body? like this:

i mean, it can't be the same one, right!?
      Last edited by Shucks; 01-26-2012, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• gavagai
        • May 2010

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
        this pattern creates a very unflattering pear-shaped effect, not liking it

http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/high...9275418to.html
        Big chest/shoulders are required for some of these designs. May not help...

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
          fixed

btw. u know if there are versions of this knit that are longer in the body? like this:

i mean, it can't be the same one, right!?
          can't be...the one on the corner's hem is level with the sleeves.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• beardown
            rekoner
            • Feb 2009

I'm all for utility but I think the back pocket/arm pocket on the leathers were a bit much back when and the boot pocket reminds me of ROOS shoes, the shoe with the pocket built in.

On another note, I'd like to suggest that Rick reconsider the reverse stitching that has appeared on every piece of denim for the past few season, jackets and jeans.

Nothing looks more bootlegged or china-ized than reverse stitching on denim. Just looks really cheap and generic in my opinion. I grew up in a rural area where Dickies and Wrangler jeans were mandatory...not in an ironic way. And I still cannot stomach reverse stitching on jeans or any kind of denim product. Which has allowed me to opt out of a lot of jackets/denim that I might have otherwise really liked.

Just do tonal...dark gray threading on black denim or black on black. Keeps the visual line of your cut subtle, still defined by the body rather than the stitching. Makes you less easy to spot in the dark.

While we're at it, please just use black/gray denim. This habit of overdying blue denim with a black is kind of gross too. You're confusing me with your hues.

In closing, just make everything black with black thread, black wax, black overdye and black lining for my black, black soul. Seriously.
            Thanks,
            Beardown
            Originally posted by mizzar
            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

^ love your rants.

Agreed that contrast stitching is not for me...it can often turn me off a garment when the material is black and the stitching white (or whatever). Case in point - the drkshdw leather sleeved denim that from this past fall season. I loved the cut, loved the materials, but the stitching just ruined it for me.

My pet peeve is all the white - the white shoes, the white pants, etc. I hate white...white is just a holding space before something nice gets dyed black.

I guess I'll be the only one buying the ROOS Shoes?
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

^i hope so. they look like snoopy's profile

Comment

• Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                  ^i hope so. they look like snoopy's profile
                  exactly

Comment

• beardown
                    rekoner
                    • Feb 2009

I could see me in the Snoopy boot with shorts on but only at 70%.

Which means I'm about 30% Snoopy boot. I like the idea of the combi shoe/boot but I'd like to see the pocket removed and a zipper added so they wouldn't be so floppy.
                    Originally posted by mizzar
                    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• theconsumer
                      • Feb 2009

those bags look like balls, so boots are dicks. subtle.

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                        I could see me in the Snoopy boot with shorts on but only at 70%.

Which means I'm about 30% Snoopy boot. I like the idea of the combi shoe/boot but I'd like to see the pocket removed and a zipper added so they wouldn't be so floppy.
                        Same here...I like them, but I don't $2300 like them...they'll drop in price, and shall buy them then.

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

The Oki-ni model in this dress is lulzy:

Even more so with the leather over it:

Not easy to pull off this dress...even harder when you look like a grown cast member of Malcom in the Middle.

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

nice to see that oki-ni are continuing their long and proud tradition of shitty casting and dorky styling.

Comment

• ES3K
                              • Oct 2008

Maybe it's some viral marketing strategy. I just browsed thru all of Oki just because it's so funny. And no potential buyer can possibly complain that he does look worse when trying on the ordered merchandise.

Comment

• theconsumer
                                • Feb 2009

Oki-ni model is not wearing these clothes, he's fighting them off with disdain

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎