Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Farkhanyassin
    • Jan 2010

I've looked through it at the London store and yes I have to say it's Je Bien + more for a lower price. Some images of michele and architecture during their trip to Tunisia(?) and images from the newer runway shows.
    MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• quiet noise
      Banned
      • Dec 2008

wow that is a great winter jacket! anyways, anyone else think this season was ricks all time-low point in terms of leather? i literary couldnt find a single style i liked and the quality was dissapointing.
      Last edited by quiet noise; 10-01-2011, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

og dick dunks, haven't seen these in years

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
          og dick dunks, haven't seen these in years

http://global.ebay.com/RICK-OWENS-me...670876216/item
          crazy. i've never seen these. they have a pony vibe going.
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• diorowen
            • Aug 2010

just found this, might be good for sharing :)
            10 styling guide from RICK OWENS

I'm not good at subtlety. If you're not going to be discreet and quiet, then just go all the way and have the balls to shave off your eyebrows, bleach your hair, and put on some big bracelets.

Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead.

I've lived in Paris for six years, and I'm sorry to say that the Ugly American syndrome still exists. Sometimes you just want to say "Stop destroying the landscape with your outfit." Still, from a design standpoint, I'm tempted to redo the fanny pack. I look at it as a challenge—it's something to react against.

When a suit gets middle-of-the-road it kind of loses me—it has to be sharp and classic and almost forties.

Hair and shoes say it all. Everything in between is forgivable as long as you keep it simple. Trying to talk with your clothes is passive-aggressive.

remind me of this: how he put a lot of thought on hair :p

There's something a little too chatterboxy about color. Right now I want black, for its sharpness and punctuation.

Jean-Michel Frank, the thirties interior and furniture designer, supposedly had 40 identical double-breasted gray flannel suits. He knew himself and is a wonderful example of restraint and extravagance.

I hate rings and bracelets on men. I'm not a fan of man bags, or girl bags either—or even sunglasses. I don't like fussy accessories. Isn't it more chic to be free? Every jacket I make has interior pockets big enough to store a book and a sandwich and a passport.

With layering, sometimes the more the better. When you layer a lot of black you're like a walking Louise Nevelson sculpture, and that's pretty attractive. Allowing yourself to be vulnerable is also one of the most attractive things you can do.

It's funny—whenever someone talks about rules, I just want to break them. I recoil from the whole idea of rules.

still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• Pleue
              • Sep 2011

Q&A interview
              Rick Owens: A Man And His Monument
              moderation kills the spirit

Comment

• Zenith
                • Jun 2009

So I took out the shoulder pads out of my Frankenstein's monster blazer and replaced them with smaller ones, the ones inside the blazer are three pads glued together. The cut still has that slightly lurched look due to the cut and the high arms holes, but it just looks so much better now.

Comment

• eat me
                  • May 2009

^ you should post before & after pics in the DIY forum. If you do, please let me know.

Comment

• Zenith
                    • Jun 2009

I'll look for the before shots. Hopefully I have them somewhere

Comment

• kunk75
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

i did the same, big improvement

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
                      So I took out the shoulder pads out of my Frankenstein's monster blazer and replaced them with smaller ones, the ones inside the blazer are three pads glued together. The cut still has that slightly lurched look due to the cut and the high arms holes, but it just looks so much better now.

Comment

• Raw
                        • Oct 2009

M&M's

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

^ I attribute half of my love handles to these. Sweets and tight fitting leather jackets shouldn't be offered in the same room
                          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I have a cupful at my house just for kicks. Took a lot of persuasion to keep my daughter away from them.

So, I was lugging the fucking book for half the day across Manhattan yesterday. Damn you, Rick! Almost broke my shoulder.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• michael_kard
                              • Oct 2010

Has anyone seen this sneaker design before?

ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

^ could be a prototype someone left behind at la perle?
                                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎