• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
    I'll pay as much attention to this collab as I did Eastpak.
    I'm pretty sure we were to never speak of this again...
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

hey man, don't hate too much on the drkshdw/eastpak stuff. it was basic stuff, and not something u'd buy to impress anyone, but sometimes an eastpak bag does the trick just fine.

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
        hey man, don't hate too much on the drkshdw/eastpak stuff. it was basic stuff, and not something u'd buy to impress anyone, but sometimes an eastpak bag does the trick just fine.

That was the problem. It was already basic. He didn't elevate it, he didn't deconstruct it...
        he essentially stuck his hang tag on them and there you go.

Lateral moves take you nowhere.
        sain't

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

And when you don't want to impress anyone, you buy an Eastpak backpack. Not a DKSHDW Eastpak backpack.
          sain't

Comment

• cloonz
            • Aug 2011

I'm holding off judgement until I see what they look like.

All things considered, it could be a lot worse.

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

interest - who buys drkshdw to impress anyone? it's all basics...

(but fyi, with that coating those pieces wear nicer with time than reg. eastpaks. my bag looks like it's been thru a cheese grater by now.)

not everything has to be all fashunz, sweetie.

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

^ I don't think you're following me. Sweetie.
                sain't

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                  who buys drkshdw to impress anyone?
                  hype
                  beast
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Jan 2011

I find shitty musicians wearing rick far more upsetting than an adidas collab. I quite liked the stuff Aitor Throup and the Soloist did with the brand.

Comment

• ahn
                      • Jul 2012

I also feel that this would have been a better fit for Nike, but ADIDAS do more designer collabs so it's not surprising. I really hope it's a legit trainer/running shoe. I'm curious to see how he'll put his spin on it. Out of all the collabs he could have done (next) this definitely makes the most sense, it fits his lifestyle.
                      some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

I imagine Nike sent him an unpleasant letter at some point for his use of their swoosh (in essence), so I doubt that collabo would ever happen.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

What I'm simply saying is that Nike has design cred - Adidas does not (sorry, Yohji). Like it or not, Nike is cool and has streetwear cache, and now Rick does too, so it would make sense.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            What I'm simply saying is that Nike has design cred - Adidas does not (sorry, Yohji). Like it or not, Nike is cool and has streetwear cache, and now Rick does too, so it would make sense.
                            Adidas as a brand is far more revered and more cool than Nike is globally.
                            Nike might be a bigger company, but Adidas is more respected as a pure "design" company with cooler street cred than Nike. I really dont know why this is, but I think for who rick is as a designer and how his brand is positioned, this makes better sense than a Nike Collab.

I really am not sure about this whole collab thing though, even though to say that is kind of hypocritical coming from me.......
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• messenoire
                              • Nov 2009

I'm really curious to see how this will look like Rick at all since most designer big label collaborations wind up looking more like big label rehashed with only a hint of something recognizably specific to the designer. I hope this actually reads Rick. At least it's not puma!

Comment

• upsilonkng
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                                Adidas as a brand is far more revered and more cool than Nike is globally.
                                Nike might be a bigger company, but Adidas is more respected as a pure "design" company with cooler street cred than Nike. I really dont know why this is, but I think for who rick is as a designer and how his brand is positioned, this makes better sense than a Nike Collab.

I really am not sure about this whole collab thing though, even though to say that is kind of hypocritical coming from me.......
                                this is crazy... even if it's true for soccor fans in europe, it won'tbe for much longer. basketball and training are both emerging as global sports and no one spends mor money on r&d than Nike, their budget for R&D alone is probably greater than Reebok brings in yearly, Nike makes the best absolute best athletic shoes so as far as that goes it will just be a matter of time. I would say worldwide nike is probably still twice as big as adidas. And Adidas is always just following Nike's lead anyways, nike went light w/ the whole hyperfuse thing.. adidas follows w/ their crazy lite stuff which I tried and it sucked , put blisters on my feet, then the obvious flyknit and whatever adidas calls their version. I could if called upon list 2 to 3 obvious things from every nike invention to the adidas copy 6-12months after. Now that's what I call design.... Even the old school shit, nike was selling terminators and dunks for years before adidas finally wised up w/ the shell toes and everything else that came after. When it comes to athletics sorry to say Nike is Apple. If their "designs" are more respected u must be talking to kids who can't tell fila from puma or kids that can't actually buy what they want and settle for the stripes. I don't see people camping out for any adidas.. like they do for jordans, yeezys, Mcflys etc.. Im sure it's because the designs are far too respected to actual care to own.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎