StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
      • May 2014

rick taking the ccp approach

Comment

• wanksy
        • May 2015

sorry should have posted on Yes/No thread. Apologies.

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

No more hideous to me than the embroidered faux-Basquiat bullshit to be honest, though I wouldn't wear either.

Comment

• Defender
            Banned
            • Jan 2015

Where was the ss16 pre-collection shown? Are there images available?

Comment

• Nickefuge
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Defender View Post
              Where was the ss16 pre-collection shown? Are there images available?
              Also someone please share some knowledge on the order in which things happen in the fashion business. I´ve always thought it was runway show -> buyers presentation -> stores. Was I mistaken? Do the buyers and V.I.P.s get to see the collections before the show?

Edit: And to the person who posted the orange Geo: where did you get the pic?
              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• ian+
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                Also someone please share some knowledge on the order in which things happen in the fashion business. I´ve always thought it was runway show -> buyers presentation -> stores. Was I mistaken? Do the buyers and V.I.P.s get to see the collections before the show?

Edit: And to the person who posted the orange Geo: where did you get the pic?
                The pre-collection is displayed before the show, since it contains more or less standard pieces and has little to do with the actual collection (like a permanent collection of staples through the seasons). The pre-collection is the first delivery of items to stores.
                ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Nickefuge
                  • Nov 2014

Thanks for the explanation!
                  "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                  -Paris Hilton

Comment

• mgala
                    • Sep 2014

military inspiration

I'm soon going to do a design presentation for school and would like to hear from you on SZ, what rick piece(s) would you choose if you were to discuss his military inspiration? I know there are many many pieces, but if you were to choose one or a couple. (Combat boots might be a little too obvious)

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by mgala View Post
                      Combat boots might be a little too obvious
                      And also I wouldn't classify that as a military influence but rather a couple of steps removed as being influenced by the fetish scene.
                      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

If there is one thing Rick is not inspired by, it's, thankfully and refreshingly, the military.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                          And also I wouldn't classify that as a military influence but rather a couple of steps removed as being influenced by the fetish scene.
                          and the fetish scene is obviously influenced by the army... and the other way around ;)
                          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• mgala
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            If there is one thing Rick is not inspired by, it's, thankfully and refreshingly, the military.
                            That's funny, i've always seen Rick as a sport + military (and more) combination, but now that you mention this, i must admit that i have a hard time finding material to back up his army inspiration other than his chunky boots

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                            and the fetish scene is obviously influenced by the army... and the other way around ;)

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mgala View Post
                              That's funny, i've always seen Rick as a sport + military (and more) combination, but now that you mention this, i must admit that i have a hard time finding material to back up his army inspiration other than his chunky boots
                              It is quite unexpected, right? You actually made me think about Rick's work for the first time in a while (I feel like everything's been said already), and I cannot recall a single instance when Rick referred to something military in an interview or in show notes.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mgala
                                • Sep 2014

Indeed! But actually i just found this:

"Dazed Digital: How would you sum up the collection?

Rick Owens: Service! I never really analyse beforehand but now, looking back, I can see what I was thinking. There's almost Priestly and gas station attended looks, and sort of military influences."

Body tight silhouettes and simple pieces were the order of the day at the collection shown in Paris

I also found a book about modern menswear with this part about Rick: JUXTAPOSING MILITARY AND SPORTS INFLUENCES, Owen's rock styling ensures a contemporary edge for his garments.

But you make a good point!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎