• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serendipper
    • Mar 2008

Re: RICK OWENS

[quote user="mesh"]

Yep, I might shoot them a pm later.

Laika's anaconda metaphor conjured up a sultry image in my mind, sorry!

[/quote]

When she said "or a stuffed sausage" I thought of the line warning against seeing the preperation of a woman or a sausage, lest you spoil the excitement of either.

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

So, someone just reported of an Olmar & Mirta factory outlet store that is part of their factory. Leathers, tops, shoes, etc. Sooooo.....Anyone in Italy around these boards?? ;)
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Honey~Blade
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]So, someone just reported of an Olmar & Mirta factory outlet store that is part of their factory. Leathers, tops, shoes, etc. Sooooo.....Anyone in Italy around these boards?? ;)[/quote]

yes help us out, we'll make you rich.

Comment

• Divo
          • Mar 2007

Several weeks ago PM'ed SUFU member JungleJane who claims to live in the surroundings of Concordia and was planning to visit the Factory Outlet store.

Never received an answer, but I guess it might be worth to try and contact him once again?!

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

[quote user="junglejane from sufu"]OMG you guys, I just got back from Olmar and Mirta. anyways the fucking
            factory is in the middle of nowhere, me and my best friend got lost
            (even though we had directions) but we finally made it. obviously we
            got there as they were closing for the afternoon but I did get to go in
            and look around. it is really badly organized, there are tons of racks
            but it is mixed up with the other brands they manufacture (maurizio
            pecoraro) but it is chock full of good shiz. I took a hurried look
            around but I was able to see loads of leather jackets for men and
            women, knits and coats... it was HEAVEN OMG I WANTED TO CURL UP IN A RO
            LEATHER JAWN AND DIE THERE.
            contributing to the disorganization
            there were NO prices to be seen, and seeing as I couldn't ask the
            snotty ass guy how much everything was I asked him for general price
            points on the leather jackets (which I imagine everyone is aching to
            know about). he said they are around 600-700 euros (but didn't refer to
            a specific one, just kind of a ballpark). the knits and coats were so
            varied and he was shooing us out that I couldn't get a price range for
            them, but he said that everything is around 20 to 30% off retail.

almost all that was there was stuff from FW07 and earlier seasons, with
            some stuff from SS08. and, brace yourselves, I witnessed all the fabric
            and racks of clothes from FW08!! that stuff was all in production and
            the guy told me I couldn't go in there to check it out. I tried my luck
            and asked if he could sell me a sample of whatever from FW08 but no
            dice.

since I had no time to calmly browse and choose some
            cool pieces I decided to grab a bunch of Tshirts (longleeves and short
            both mens and womens). they were all -20% and some had tiny little
            snags so they had an ulterior discount (not very significant, mind
            you). I got a few things for the supamarket too, not a lot but since
            it's SS08 stuff I thought ppl may be interested.

I am
            DEFINITELY planning on going back next saturday, if not the satruday
            after that. I need to have a better and calmer look at what's there. I
            would love to hook you guys up, the problem is that I can't say if the
            exact jacket in the exact size is available.

I also snagged
            up the white on white colorway hi-tops.. I know how hard they are to
            come by and I ROBOCOPPED like a maniac... they were the last pair too!!
            but they were really tight on my BFs feets so i'm selling them on the supahmaket

FASHIONGASMMMMMMMMM[/quote]

might be worth shooting her another pm, I'm sure she would consider it if there was enough interest and a decent proxy fee was offered.

Comment

• J_J
              • Apr 2008

hey guys, that's me!! :P

I'm thinking some stuff out on startging a proxy service, I gotta organize myself pretty well because school is pretty hectic and I can't go really frequently PLUS I gotta be able to count on a friend that can give me a ride htere... the place is inaccessible by public transport. I also gotta figure out fees and such, plus the downside is that there are NO fixed prices, the salesguy pretty much gives me a ballpark of how much everything is, or if I buy a lot he'll give me a bulk price. anyway I hope that in a few days I'll be able to work out a decent system.

Comment

• J_J
                • Apr 2008

to maybe speed things up while I come up with the numbers, here are a few requirements if you want me to get something.

- PLEASE know your size in the garment you want, give me some alternatives if I can't find that specific size.

- please know that all prices are "made up" on the spot by the salesman but I found everything to be 20-30% off retail. that would probably the price of the piece you want. In case it costs more than expected, give me a threshold.. for example if a leather jacket is 1000 euros retail, and you give me 700 to get it but it ends up actually being 810, I can either not get it or put down the extra 110 and let you know.

ok this is what comes to mind immediately... any thoughts??

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

century 21 for the even more insane
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="J_J"]

hey guys, that's me!! :P

I'm thinking some stuff out on startging a proxy service, I gotta organize myself pretty well because school is pretty hectic and I can't go really frequently PLUS I gotta be able to count on a friend that can give me a ride htere... the place is inaccessible by public transport. I also gotta figure out fees and such, plus the downside is that there are NO fixed prices, the salesguy pretty much gives me a ballpark of how much everything is, or if I buy a lot he'll give me a bulk price. anyway I hope that in a few days I'll be able to work out a decent system.

[/quote]

fuck school, you are on the more direct road to riches!!!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Who?
                      • Aug 2007

[quote user="J_J"]ok this is what comes to mind immediately... any thoughts?? [/quote]

That sounds great so far. Consider a minimum price, since it's not convenient for you a minimum will help so your trip is worth the hassle. Also think about a 10% proxy fee, its lower than some of the Japanese proxies but in conjunction with the minimum, the amount you make will still be worth while. I am not sure about this one but I think if you set up the proxy at SZ instead of SuFu you will probably get less b.s. inquires and more people that will actually use the service.

WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

oh my god.... you could easily retire and just live off of selling the stuff from the store they have there.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

JJ comes through! :)
                          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• J_J
                            • Apr 2008

Who, that sounds good. the only thing I'm worried about is, since the place is relatively small and they people there obviously remembered me, I don't want to blatantly come off as a mass buyer..because I would be going at least 2 times a month and getting really large quantities of stuff (and spending tons of money every time) that is clearly not all for me. seeing as I don't own a store or anything they might get suspicious, and god forbid, blacklist me..!??[72]

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

why would they? you are giving them MONEY.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

I don't think they would.... stores like that which function as sort of a clearinghouse to get at least SOME money out of irregulars/extras are usually only focused on getting their money. Integrity is not usually a problem and from what you've said (the guy who works there just generally gave pricing etc.) they wouldn't care if you bought all the rick there if you wanted to throw down on it :)

Looking forward to seeing what you're able to haul out of that joint! Even ss08!! So cool!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎