X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bring The Noise
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
    Anyone in North America ever order from this site? I'm afraid to get hit with crazy customs charges ala LVR

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Bring The Noise View Post
      Anyone in North America ever order from this site? I'm afraid to get hit with crazy customs charges ala LVR
      Wondering the same thing myself.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• andrewislasorad
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Bring The Noise View Post
        It's a pretty safe bet that you will get hit with customs.

Comment

• bestial
          • Jun 2008

when should one think they'll ship out the pre-orders, Jan-Feb?

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

aren't there 600 other stores that stock RO? whats the rush
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• bestial
              • Jun 2008

my reason is that there isn't that much stores in EU that stocks him. it's nice too not have to worry about customs.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Not to mention the prices on there are pretty reasonable (well, compared to here in the US, I don't know about Europe).

Comment

• rickismylover
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Eternal
                  this may be way off, but I just wonder. I do watch Gossip girl, and I noticed the change in Jenny's style. I now wonder if somone know if the stylist use and Rick Owens? I think I saw some really nice pieces on her, and a longsleeve and something on Serena's new boyfriend Aron. It's not of any importance, but just wanted to know if Rick Owens made it into the show.

I don't care if famous people wear Rick Owens. They have the funds, and I think it's a good thing that more and more of them explore the fashion world and it's endless possibilities. There's got to be more to life than a pair of louboutin.

gossip girl uses silvercup studios where we film ugly betty (i'm not proud of it, but it's a paycheck damn it) and one of the costume designers for that show is always wearing rick so it's not surprising that they pushed some of his pieces onto the show. next thing you know they'll film at the store and it'll all be over then.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

scary development...looks like rick will be prada in 2-3 years

is it me or does Rick and atelier on his coattails seem to be in a pursuit of mainstream acceptance that is the antithesis of their dark lord stance?

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

I just think the aesthetic in general is becoming more accepted. Not to mention sites like this and others are making Rick and other brands more accessible.
                      But, as long as Rick keeps on truckin' with the similar vision, I'll be happy.

Comment

• J_J
                        • Apr 2008

I don't believe Rick is in "pursuit" of mainstream acceptance nor has he expressed a desire for keeping a dark, underground/cult image.. more than anything it's been bestowed upon him by the media. I can recall from one of his interviews where he said that he would pretty much "go with the flow" and if his brand begins to grow, he would just accommodate it.

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

accommodation = pursuit, in my book

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Casius View Post
                            I just think the aesthetic in general is becoming more accepted. Not to mention sites like this and others are making Rick and other brands more accessible.
                            But, as long as Rick keeps on truckin' with the similar vision, I'll be happy.
                            we must stop this

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Haha. You should read the little bit on Atelier on the shophound's website.
                              If anything, price is going to deter a lot of people. Even most wealthy consumers don't want to purchase expensive clothing that is, A. all black, B. has no labeling/branding, and C. is already disheveled looking. Which is all fine with me!

But I agree that Rick has sure expanded over the past few years. 2 new store openings, introducing a menswear show (in a recession no less), and producing more and more items each collection.

Comment

• recherché
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                                we must stop this

You know, as much as seeing these garments go mainstream suck....it's only going to force designers and those who covet their designs to become more interesting and different. And hell, i'd rather look at a sea of rick owens than a sea of aeropostle!!

when this occurs, we will just be riding a ship of an even more amazing aesthetic.

bring on mainstream! and the designs that will be born as a result of it!!!
                                Last edited by recherché; 12-17-2008, 06:55 PM.
                                I have the death sentence on twelve systems.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎