yea they need to be sized down big timeeeeee
      Originally posted by dji
      don't hesitate, just buy.

Comment

• Canaduh0415
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by RADO View Post
        Should be around 450 USD if I am right.
        More like 590 or something....if not used to Raglan than best to try, different world of fit..very snug
        It has been a very difficult year

Comment

• Mewtu
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Canaduh0415 View Post
          More like 590 or something....if not used to Raglan than best to try, different world of fit..very snug
          was actually ~1k retail.
          Originally Posted by ProfMonitoff: "Then my friend's cat crapped on it and the dry cleaner couldn't fix it "

Comment

• RADO
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Mewtu View Post
            was actually ~1k retail.
            That's a lot for a linen shirt.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by RADO View Post
              That's a lot for a linen shirt.
              Well, the + has to stand for something!
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• RADO
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Well, the + has to stand for something!
                Right!

Comment

• niji248
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
                  The practicality of a lot of a+ outerwear always gets my goat!
                  When I buy a coat.I want to be able to stash my stuff.and put my cold hands somewhere.I know im going to get bashed with debates of purity of form,fabric and line here but technically, most of his 'jackets' should be called a wraps or shirts.

Some pieces like the aviator can afford not to have pockets.I cant see that design looking good with pockets as it would wreck its purity. BUt a jacket and a coat without pockets for that price seems ridiculous. I think amadei really wants to impose his accessories on the wearer.
                  I agree with the impractical aspects of MA+ clothing... I personally think all of that so called "purity" of form is total bullshit. Obviously, someone doesn't know how to put in a f*cking double welt pocket, and hence eliminate it and jack up the price to make it lucrative. And better yet, claim it to be "hand-made". WTF?!?! I mean, the coat is obviously sew with a f*cking sewing machine?!?! It's not like grandma sat there and basted all the seams one stitch at a time for a week! I just can't understand the whole pseudo-hand-made BS.

Ok now, someone here is gonna want to bash me...

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by niji248 View Post
                    I agree with the impractical aspects of MA+ clothing... I personally think all of that so called "purity" of form is total bullshit. Obviously, someone doesn't know how to put in a f*cking double welt pocket, and hence eliminate it and jack up the price to make it lucrative. And better yet, claim it to be "hand-made". WTF?!?! I mean, the coat is obviously sew with a f*cking sewing machine?!?! It's not like grandma sat there and basted all the seams one stitch at a time for a week! I just can't understand the whole pseudo-hand-made BS.

no i'm not going to bash you, but take the time to teach you something. HANDMADE in sewing, has a different meaning from HANDSEWN.
                    when something is said to be HANDMADE, it simply means that while most of it is sewn on a sewing machine, the product is actually made by the skill of the sewers "hand", manipulating fabric under the sewing machine (as in a great tailor or dressmaker), and is generally made by a single (or a few) individuals as opposed to automated sewing processes or on a production line of basically unskilled (meaning incapable of making a garment from start to finish) workers that exist in a large garment factory.
                    HANDSEWN is a different issue, and is mostly used on couture type garments or some aspects of tailoring, of course you can hansew many garments I think some of the aviators are partially handsewn.
                    I do agree about the pockets though, as there are ways to construct garmentrs with pockets that dont at all affect the "purity" of the design
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

If you are expecting to be bashed, then maybe you should consider the way you are expressing yourself..?

Regarding the skills and detailing issue, saying that you don't get the lack of finish is one thing, but blaming it on lack of skill just shows that you don't seem to be too well acquainted with designers work. It's a matter of style and design philosophy, which you can agree or disagree with.

What goes for the "handmade BS", zamb pretty much covered it. Amadei's garments are made in a workshop by a small group of workers and are about as hand made as modern clothing can be. The argumet regarding sewing machines is just stupid.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

anyway, nij, what caused your rant?
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Diego
                          • Aug 2007

It's not like grandma sat there and basted all the seams one stitch at a time for a week!
                          That's what grandmas are for

Comment

• crz
                            • Apr 2008

better than A's model pics

love this

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by crz View Post
                              better than A's model pics

love this

a really beautiful piece................with pockets!!!!!!!!!
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Trebre
                                • Mar 2009

I for one really appreciate the more "user friendly" design of Amadeis later pieces.
                                I got his early no pocket pants, which i absolutely adore, but sometimes it's fucking annoying not having somewhere to stash the keys when you go on quick errands.
                                Also, pathetically, i think pants without pockets, from behind (on a guy) looks somewhat... like a big diper.

I recently got his new "semi skinny" five pocket pant. And i love the way he made it a more regular piece of clothing without interfering with his aestethic.
                                He recently (FW08 ?) added a single belt loop at the back of his pants, which makes things easier.
                                They are absolutely gorgeous to wear but advice is (as with most Amadei pants) size down one.
                                With his jackets, excepting the aviators which imo fits true to size, advice is size up one.
                                And the quality of his clothing is almost without comparison.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎