Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmash1080
    • Mar 2011

Can somebody elaborate on the difference between the signature wallet and the card case? I've found the 'card case' in horse leather for $300, the 'card case' in cow leather for $350 and then the 'signature wallet' in cow leather is $450-$500 at two different retailers.

They look almost the exact same on the exterior and inside when they open up....I'm not quite seeing what the difference is. Is it that the 'card case' has more depth to fill with cards?
    Last edited by dmash1080; 04-17-2011, 01:35 AM.

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

^This should probably go in the shopping thread, but there are differences. Card case is just that.. made for cards. It's much more thin and slightly smaller than the small wallet. Most have two silver wires threaded through the top to seperate your cards. Not much to it. The small wallet is elaborately folded and designed to hold cards, plus cash, plus extras. The image below shoes the large wallet (top), small (Left) and card (right). If you need to accommodate more than a few business / credit cards you def. need the classic wallet.

Comment

• Enaml
        • Apr 2009

I've been using the card case for almost a year now and it's really all I need at the moment. I carry about 4-5 cards in it, and can fold up some cash in it too (which I do usually want on my person). While the wallets can obviously carry more, they are also significantly thicker, so if you're keeping it in a pocket or whatever, it's something worth considering.
        How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
          • Oct 2010

I've been contemplating buying a MA+ wallet for a while now, but just from the looks of them they seem quite inconvenient in terms of moving stuff in and out compared to a more traditional wallet. Anyone care to comment on this? Also probably a long shot, but anyone have a picture of their wallet filled with the stuff they normally carry around?

Comment

• dmash1080
            • Mar 2011

Peasant thank you very much for that, EXTREMELY helpful.

and yes...if anybody had a picture of items in an actual wallet, that would be fantastic. I was actually curious about that myself.

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

I've been carrying my small wallet for a few years and it's not inconvenient in the least. It actually provides more options for organizing. Initially I thought it was too thick but after a bit of wear it has slimmed nicely. He normally uses soft leathers that will stretch, so I can see how some may get by with a card wallet. Just not enough space for me. Some (mine) even have lining in some of the slots. Amazingly my silver clasp / hook hasn't given me any problems either. Best wallets out.

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                • Oct 2010

^ Do you mind telling me which leather he used in the wallet you are using? The only one I've had the chance to purchase in person was made of bison which felt like quite a stiff leather.

Comment

• dmash1080
                  • Mar 2011

If I'm not mistaken, the signature wallet that he's referring to is in calf.

Comment

• Peasant
                    • Jul 2009

Bison is very dense. He normally uses calf, but I've been using a reversed pig which is soft and supple. An exclusive color-way / dye from A.. you may want to hit them up.

Comment

• eckblk
                      • Mar 2010

I have a blue cow, classic wallet from A. Not sure what it's called actually .

The one with 12 cc slots. I'm pretty sure the color was exclusive to A.

Comment

• magic
                        • Feb 2009

colour is Petrol^ got mine recently as well and was amazed by the softness of the leather Amadai use for this one.
                        Focusing on object details

Comment

• chomeo
                          • Mar 2010

I had the folded wallet in medium and really liked it! my only problem with it was the size. calf leather was great! really substantial, yet i can see it breaking in nicely had i kept it. sad to see it go because of the size! argh!

Comment

• nictan
                            • Jul 2009

i posted this wayyy back in recent purchases. someone requested for a pic for the exact same reason as well. Ive been using mine for I have no idea how long. No issues whatsoever.

hope it helps with visualization

Originally posted by nictan View Post
                            not sure if this helps. but this is how i put notes inside. idk how big american bills are, but for mine, my notes fit in nicely at the top. i just slide it in from the top flap, and the two semi-circle flaps hold the bills in place properly. when i need to use money, i can access it immediately by lifting the top flap. dont even have to open the other compartments.

pictured below. and the rest of the compartments are for my cards.

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                              • Oct 2010

^ that was exactly what I was looking for thanks for that. Think I might be picking mine up real soon =) Just to confirm, is that the large wallet?

Comment

• endersgame
                                • Aug 2009

although it's not as pretty as the signature wallet, the 12-card wallet is the most functional and easy to use imo. you can pull a card out with one hand. see all your bills without taking them out.

Originally posted by Pollyanna
                                Here are some comparison pictures of the small soft MA+ wallet and a standard credit card, as a few of you guys requested...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎