X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hobo
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
    Thankyou for a more substantial answer Hobo...

Can't wait to visit your store one day.
    No Worries! Don't forget to introduce yourself. We'll grab a coffee together.
    "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Enaml
      • Apr 2009

Seconding jcotteri's statement. Hopefully this summer...

As for the 'art gallery' statement... It would seem difficult for fairly small stores carrying these brands to not do something like this, but what do I know.
      How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• hobo
        • Jul 2009

/\ You'd probably be surprised how 'exclusive' some stores can be! I have to say that most of the guys that I know from the buying circuit are not like that though.
        "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

just thought i'd mention that over the xmas holiday i was dragged into neiman marcus (coral gables, miami beach). haven't been in one of those for a long time. and although LUC, m.a+, etc. is pricey, no doubt, now more than ever, i was surprised to see that so is everything else. knits from armani, dolce gabbana, zegna etc were in some cases the same as what i see for luc, et al. some were cheaper but some jackets/cardigans were quite a bit more expensive than comparable items from our beloved artisan oddballs. and these are the same old boring pieces that your grandpa has been wearing since the 90s. i couldn't believe it really. but i guess its important to mention that i think this stuff is destined to end up at the outlet mall for 85% off and i think that may actually be, if not intentional, at least taken into consideration during the pricing phase.

sidenote: i'm leaving hermes out of this little story out of respect, and the quality is for the most part excellent, but holy shit man, seriously? i think the only people buying it were the latin american druglords. $1000 for lightweight cotton pants in awful colors that fit horribly.

i think i'd been out of the mainstream fashion world for so long that i'd forgotten how ridiculous it is.
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• hobo
            • Jul 2009

I like Hermes. Remember that crap you were looking at is department store fashion. They can make the best of the best look tacky! Take YSL and Lanvin; our clients come to us all the way from London, Paris and even NY, to buy it from us, because the flagship stores and department stores don't buy it in the 'off the wall' way that we do. Quite a few of our customers comment on the fact that they don't see the styles that we carry in any of the other outlets.

Ps. well said on the pricing issue; it is important to keep these things in perspective.

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by hobo View Post
              I like Hermes. Remember that crap you were looking at is department store fashion. They can make the best of the best look tacky! Take YSL and Lanvin; our clients come to us all the way from London, Paris and even NY, to buy it from us, because the flagship stores and department stores don't buy it in the 'off the wall' way that we do. Quite a few of our customers comment on the fact that they don't see the styles that we carry in any of the other outlets.

Ps. well said on the pricing issue; it is important to keep these things in perspective.
              The internet is skewing some people's perspective; a good buy by a directional store is often worth offering them your money at full retail so you end up with exactly what you want. We don't need to have 20 new pieces every year; 3-4 well chosen ones can work.

I also like Hermès.
              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I completely agree that much is in ones shopping habits. You know, many of those people who shudder at high prices are the same once who shop at H&M every weekend and then throw it out in a couple of months. I would rather pay more for a high quality uniquely crafted garment and keep it for ages. Funny, last week I wore mostly stuff from 5-10 years ago.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  I completely agree that much is in ones shopping habits. You know, many of those people who shudder at high prices are the same once who shop at H&M every weekend and then throw it out in a couple of months. I would rather pay more for a high quality uniquely crafted garment and keep it for ages. Funny, last week I wore mostly stuff from 5-10 years ago.
                  Constantly talking about fashion can make one loose perspective and develop a sort of bulimia for its consumption. In the end I purchase A LOT of pieces and I know that my wardrobe is large and diverse enough that I could just got the 1-2 things I want every year and that's it.
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• delirium
                    • Sep 2008

thanks for the detailed response, hobo.

i'm always interested in hearing about how the market works.

Comment

• bestial
                      • Jun 2008

will luca show anything during fashion week? jct/some/things magazine made a status update on facebook, that gave me that impression.

Comment

• humancrack
                        • Feb 2008

showroom!

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                          will luca show anything during fashion week? jct/some/things magazine made a status update on facebook, that gave me that impression.
                          Saw everything and I am proud to report that Luca granted me the first interview he has ever done for the Western press. Standby for a good article on his methods.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bestial
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by humancrack View Post
                            showroom!
                            yeah, that was implicitly but didn't know if he showed it during paris fashion week or not. hope that our SZ-representatives gets some shots of it!

maybe invitees only?

edit: that's cool faust! looking forward to read it! how did the pieces look?

Comment

• jamesd
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Saw everything and I am proud to report that Luca granted me the first interview he has ever done for the Western press. Standby for a good article on his methods.
                              Congrats Faust! That's great, looking forward to it.

Comment

• jcotteri
                                • Jun 2008

Great news Faust.. I can't wait to read it.
                                WTB: This

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎