• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
    70% of my fairly-limited wardrobe is LUC. these garments see heavy wear on a daily basis. the verdict after a couple years of wear is that although buttons do need to occasionally be reattached, the knits themselves are peerless in terms of quality and the company exercises strict quality control to make absolutely certain of that. with regard to significant structural damage, some things simply cannot be avoided in a knit garment - foremost of this being snagging on a sharp object resulting in a tear. I understand that when you're paying close to a grand for what largely amounts to a knit longsleeve, you're rightly expecting it to come equipped with tear-resistant antiballistic mesh, fire-retardant coating and a protective voodoo hex or five, but this practical reality calls for something of a compromise.
    Indeed. Just because you buy a Mercedes, doesn't mean that you shouldn't change the oil.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Enaml
      • Apr 2009

Basically, if you don't want to damage your ~1K knit tops, don't buy them. That's what I do and it works out great. Maybe someday...
      How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

I know that e stuff won't fall apart, its just a psychological thing for me, that I feel the urge not to wear it. Was the same with the invisible seam pant I had. I hate that constant fear moment, thus I sold it. It's totally a subjective feeling. And I am with Faust here, better buy one more jacket than three knits...hahaha

Seriously stop bitching about things being to fragile a cheap knit looks like a cheap knit you can see the quality difference; Luc is built to last and when it does fall apart luca is alway offering something similar to replace it. If you want your clothes to look brand new then wear them once.[/QUOTE]
        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• kuugaia
          • Feb 2010

A $1000 shirt is still a shirt and it should be treated like a shirt.

I take care of my formal shoes more so than my pair of boots that I thrash. And the boots cost four times more. I think items should be taken care of if they are the type of item that should be taken care of. Jackets yes, shirts no.

Comment

• MoFiya
            • Sep 2007

Yeah, we're getting slowly into that cost-benefit analysis again. I have a very small closet too and what I have and like I wear pretty often. Then again, I wouldn't want to pay 1000 bucks for a goddamn knit if I have to treat it like my grandma. And I am not worried about aging or whatsoever, but I wouldn't expect some major and clear quality issues (Rick wedges)... But I am glad to hear your guys experience is good - that's what I actually thought before buying the knit (but at that point, I needed some justification to cop anyway) - but good that it's been proven by a representative sample (or whatever).
            Now.. Would someone trade me the LUC cardigan for the pieces I have for sale? Pleeeeeeeeeease?

Is O-Project in stores now by the way? Has anybody handled the stuff?

edit. Just saw HLorenzos last post... Looking forward to the pictures. But first-person impressions would be even better (:
            I have dreams of orca whales and owls
            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
              Yeah, we're getting slowly into that cost-benefit analysis again. I have a very small closet too and what I have and like I wear pretty often. Then again, I wouldn't want to pay 1000 bucks for a goddamn knit if I have to treat it like my grandma. And I am not worried about aging or whatsoever, but I wouldn't expect some major and clear quality issues (Rick wedges)... But I am glad to hear your guys experience is good - that's what I actually thought before buying the knit (but at that point, I needed some justification to cop anyway) - but good that it's been proven by a representative sample (or whatever).
              Now.. Would someone trade me the LUC cardigan for the pieces I have for sale? Pleeeeeeeeeease?

edit. Just saw HLorenzos last post... Looking forward to the pictures. But first-person impressions would be even better (:
              You mean Signals? The deliveries are coming in right now.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MoFiya
                • Sep 2007

Yeah... Sorry... What was O-Project all about anyway? I can only remember some grandma socks (labeled as that) for sth like 70k yen
                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post

Click the banner for an overview and some images. :)

Originally posted by Faust
                  fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by cro426 View Post
                    Yarn pills no matter the quality (especially finer gauge yarns/thiner), it's the nature of the fiber. The more you wear something knitted especially with a jacket over it or the strap from a bag for instance causes friction which cause pilling.

It's just the way it is.
                    the cotton knit is pretty awesome in this sense. the weave is tight enough for it to hold up much better than most knits, and the yarn doesn't pile at all despite being soft, almost wool-like. my go-to knit could pass for new after heavy wear for nearly 4 years.

well not brand new - there is actually a hole on the sleeve which I got while helping a friend of mine move. the sleeve got caught on a screw sticking out of a wall so badly I fell over, so can't really blame the knit. after stitching it shut, it looks like a scar

as for spending "a grand", this one was £250 on sale.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• snafu
                      • Apr 2008

great knit lowrey i have that one; its the one i wear the most i snagged mine for under £200 off yoox

Comment

• MoFiya
                        • Sep 2007

Just noticed the preview. Thanks guys
                        Also, the description is much appreciated...
                        While with some pieces, the concept is too obvious for me (e.g. the first LS shirt) - on other pieces it is amazing. Like the author of the article pointed out, the jacket is beautiful. And the very last "raglan style knit" is great, too.
                        What is graphite dying though?
                        Are there any Signal trousers, too?

But in all honesty. Speaking of conceptual art here I cannot really follow. I see a nice idea applied in a great artisanal way and the usual love for fabrics... But I mean, a jacket representing "life and rebirth" made in style of a World War jacket and with the message etched into it? Doesn't sound too coherent to me. (being provocative here, I hope someone argues against it )

edit. I need some yoox LUC knit action, too. Just can't afford retail on any piece.
                        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                          • Feb 2009

Signals series, as concept, do suck.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

Is Signals all about Derrida and signification, or am I crazy?
                            Originally posted by philip nod
                            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                              • Feb 2009

If it is, Laurini is crazy.

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                                • Feb 2009

Please elaborate on your Laurini/Derrida thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎