• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BSR
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by kbi View Post
    sneakers looking good. not sure about the lace-ups with hole ^
    +1, looks like Augusta got inspiration a bit too straight from Brother Sharp on these

but ankle boots look fantastic
    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

I feel that from these shots, there still seems to be a "following in the footsteps of..." type feeling.

Some pair look like they belong in a Grandma collection and the thin, multiple wrapping laces are out of place with these boots and seem to be pulled from Av. Certainly there will be overlaps in design aesthetics but I want to see something clearly Simone's voice which I haven't seen in these shots.

Personally I thought his take on jointing the boots from last season was really clever, and so is is usage of color changing leather (wish he would continue with that stuff as it is awesome!). If he could continue pushing the envelope with work such as those, it could really become something amazing.
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

I like the sneakers too, however, there is something that bothers me about (almost) all of these designer sneakers...............can't they make a sneakers where the heel/ sole doesn't wear away so easily?
        Damn, the traditional sneaker companies do it, and they are selling cheaper than almost all of these, so I would expect "designer" sneakers to be more durable than six or seven wears.............
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

didn't lots of designers use that sole that lanvin and common projects used that was like 13 layers of rubber? it's a discrete sole and lasts forever...
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

^ I'd like to know more about this sole. Sounds very interesting, got any more information or links to info?

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

can you elaborate what makes the sole of this sneaker so short lasting?
              I talked with Simone about just this topic and he explained me that he is one of the few shoemakers (I don't think that he sees himself as a designer) who really handmake a sole out of the single layers of leather. Even ma+ soles seem not to be handmade like this. Augustas heels cost 12€ in the production. I guess he is using the same effort to make his sneaker sole valuable?

Originally posted by zamb View Post
              I like the sneakers too, however, there is something that bothers me about (almost) all of these designer sneakers...............can't they make a sneakers where the heel/ sole doesn't wear away so easily?
              Damn, the traditional sneaker companies do it, and they are selling cheaper than almost all of these, so I would expect "designer" sneakers to be more durable than six or seven wears.............
              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Raw
                • Oct 2009

Yeah Lanvin sneakers do have really sturdy soles. Probably not too helpful but heres a couple of pics of a pair I use to have.

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

and i have no links or info on this matter. i just know they were using the same sole, and that the SA at barneys told me it was 13 layers of some industrial rubber. or maybe it was 7 layers. but i have a few pairs of cp's that have lasted a while and the soles look unworn...
                  dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                    and i have no links or info on this matter. i just know they were using the same sole, and that the SA at barneys told me it was 13 layers of some industrial rubber. or maybe it was 7 layers. but i have a few pairs of cp's that have lasted a while and the soles look unworn...
                    I have three pairs of Dries van Noten sneakers, and all of them the soles are not durable. I have one "converse style" similar to the Ann D ones that i wore about eight times before the sole was completely gone at the heel. I've seen people having to resole Ann D sneakers and Rick's, which if done right would be completely unnecessary

the Sole of Rick's Dunks seem to be made from the same material use to make the soles on Clarks desert boot, which to me is really an unwise thing to do.
                    If im gonna pay upwards of $200-300 for ANY pair of shoes/ sneakers it should be able to last me longer than ordinary mass market ones that are cheaper, while I am indeed buying into an aesthetic, I still need to be able to use my item without having to give it the "kid glove" treatment
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• BeauIXI
                      • Nov 2008

Why didn't Simone just buy a barrel of air-curing industrial shoe sole ooze like Carol did, and skip the middle man?
                      Originally posted by philip nod
                      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                        this kills me too. Although my Lanvins have held up quite well over a period of 2.5 year wear, I get the feeling my f/w 9-10 yy's won't despite being a costlier shoe, so I wear them a lot less. Everything too hotdamn precious these days

Those Gus' white ones are nice though. The ones with holes all over em gonna make you look like a bum methinks, and not the particularly insouciant or sharp kind, either.
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• kuugaia
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
                          but not quite as long as the patented waffle gum rubber that vans uses. That is some tough stuff.
                          I can vouch for this. It is seriously some tough shit. If you just want a cheap pair of plain sneaks, get a pair of Van Authentics. Well worth the money for trashing around.

Zam not to question you but...if you're wearing out the soles of shoes that fast, maybe it's your walking style? Wearing out after 8 wears is pretty steep and I can only imagine some serious dragging of the feet. I used to wear out soles fast before I got my orthodics.

Back to Augusta, I'm liking the sneaker. But the other styles aren't really doing anything new for me. The hole in the vamp on one of the styles is a

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

Atelier's buy is in..

Red soled ankle boots look great.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

The first two pairs are sweet. First Augusta footwear I've liked.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• KM80
                                • Mar 2008

Yeah that first pair looks great, although I'm not entirely sure about the rips...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎