Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kompressorkev
    • Dec 2006

English is not his first language, but i don't think he's exaggerating. 800 i think is the total shoes not pairs. I know some stores get around 30 pairs, so that's around 60 shoes per store - meaning 13+ stores get the collection? Also, some leathers used in the collection such as the Cordovan are not complete in-house works, but i think he was referring to him experimenting with some new leathers. It is a very, very small operation and he is very hands-on.

Comment

• BSR
      • Aug 2008

Anyone knows the name of the Barcelona artist he says he worked for?
      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
        Anyone knows the name of the Barcelona artist he says he worked for?
        This dude.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

I dont know if he is exaggerating or not, but i find it to be a very "moving" article.
          whether English is his first language or not, there is a fire burning inside of him that I can feel through his words.

"I produce all of it, and my wife and I sell it. So, it's not simple. I hope people will understand this. Sometimes I think it's time to stop because I can't do all this work completely by myself. Then I look at my shoes, and I think...I love my work too much and so I'll find the energy to continue my work because I love it. I'm tired, but I'm very happy because not many people in reality can really love their work. For me, it's very important. It's my life. It's really my life."

This highlighted part speaks volumes to me. Many of us finds obstacles in our way and it causes us to believe we cant continue.........here is a man amidst difficulties saying: Yes I can!

He has found in me a new supporter of his work..............
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• nellytheelephant
            • Mar 2008

To those who are interested in the sizing issue the trainers arrived today and with the thick insoles they do indeed come up too tight. Without the insole they fit okay but they're a little hard on the feet. They will stretch so hope to be able to get those insoles in soonish.

Comment

• cremaster
              • Jan 2010

Spanish artist = Santiago Sierra? (he lives in Mexico now though)

Comment

• RADO
                • Nov 2007

Piscasso is from Malaga no from Barcelona, Santiago Serra from Madrid. I do not know who can be.

Comment

• sargon97
                  • Jan 2009

Prob belongs in the small question thread, but anyone know of any pics of the Canvas/Linen over leather with some decent wear on them? Interested to see how they age...

Comment

• comex9
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by sargon97 View Post
                    Prob belongs in the small question thread, but anyone know of any pics of the Canvas/Linen over leather with some decent wear on them? Interested to see how they age...
                    From what I've heard, the linen over leather is quite durable and does not come off(wear away), as one might think. I'm thinking it would just crease like normal leather. Though, I'm intrigued if this is the case or not. I'm also curious of the difference between the augustas and c.diem.

Comment

• chomeo
                      • Mar 2010

I just got these. i can't quite capture the color - somewhere between blue/grey but does appear more blue eventhough the below picture shows grey.

Comment

• tricky
                        • May 2010

I don't know where to put this and sorry for interrupting.

I'm in search for a pair of Augusta Thermic boots in size 44 (9.5 or 10). I have a pair in size 9 and they're a tad small. If there is someone who wants to trade his pair or sell me, please let me know.
                        in Search for Augusta Thermic Cordovan Boots size 44

WTB: Ann D. black high top sneakers size 45

Comment

• Arcane
                          • Jul 2008

^It depends on how much extra space you need but a good cobbler/shoemaker would be able to strech them for you to a certain extent.
                          Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• tricky
                            • May 2010

I thought about that but I'm afraid the cobbler would destroy them...

I know, Augustas are very well made.

anyone with experience of stretching Augustas?
                            in Search for Augusta Thermic Cordovan Boots size 44

WTB: Ann D. black high top sneakers size 45

Comment

• hereinroy33
                              • May 2010

why these shoes are illegal? and what does absinthine means.
                              active sports wear

Comment

• May 2007

Trainers stretch like other Augusta boots?

Does anyone know if the trainers stretch width-wise like typical Augusta boots and shoes? I ended up getting my normal Augusta size since the length is fine, but the width is painful as they always are in the beginning. Thought there might be a difference in stretching since they are laced all the way down.
                                Apologies for the cross-post into sizing questions but I have 24 hours to exchange them and want to make sure I get an answer!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎