X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

for what its worth, I've understood the ductape is indeed just taped on, and the shoe is regular leather underneath.

as for the FW11 collection, to me it appeared more refined, less weird experiments like the spiderweb or coatings, more wearable and good looking shoes. there are both classic styles as well as new ones.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

^^good.

the duct tape is definitely stupid. i had duct taped shoes in my younger skateboarder days. and even then i felt silly.
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by kbi View Post
        I generally appreciate the quality of these shoes but I do not understand at all why one would want to decorate a shoe to make it look "used" for the sake of it? There is beauty in how CCP/GUIDI shoes are produced and how they create their own marks and stains because of that. But there is absolutely no sense in this duct-tape-ornament.. it's just ugly.
        Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
        ^^good.

the duct tape is definitely stupid. i had duct taped shoes in my younger skateboarder days. and even then i felt silly.

Comment

• ledger
          • Feb 2009

Last edited by ledger; 02-07-2011, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• MikeN
            • Nov 2007

oi I can almost see a boot!

Comment

• JetLag
              • Jul 2008

Yep, many boots from pic 3 to 5... Seriously, thanks for the link but I'm tired of these "arty" and "suggestive" shots.
              Originally posted by danman
              If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• JetLag
                • Jul 2008

No offense Ledger. It's just that these pictures are supposed to talk about shoes but the result is just about the cameraman. Well, nevermind ^^
                Originally posted by danman
                If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• gavagai
                  • May 2010

I generally appreciate the quality of these shoes but I do not understand at all why one would want to decorate a shoe to make it look "used" for the sake of it? There is beauty in how CCP/GUIDI shoes are produced and how they create their own marks and stains because of that. But there is absolutely no sense in this duct-tape-ornament.. it's just ugly.
                  Most people on this forum seem to be agreement on the above statement. I will say that elsewhere "most people" don't understand how a company is able to sell $2,000 dollar boots that look worn or broken in...I disagree but just saying. Yes, when I used to skateboard I always had duct tape on my shoes because there holes in them! I guess I was ahead of the curve on fahsion statements (even if it was purely pragmatic).

Comment

• MikeN
                    • Nov 2007

There is beauty in how CCP/GUIDI shoes are produced and how they create their own marks and stains because of that.
                    care to explain this further?

Comment

• gavagai
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by JetLag View Post
                      No offense Ledger. It's just that these pictures are supposed to talk about shoes but the result is just about the cameraman. Well, nevermind ^^
                      I think the above statement is misguided. Obviously, the pictures are NOT about the boots but something else. "Supposed" is a strong implying that the artist/marketer is supposed to be doing something in a sort of way (normativity if you will). They are obviously trying to give off a feeling by the pictures that represents something about the brand that their customers have an affinity with. That being said, there are plenty of pictures of the upcoming and currently available product.

Comment

• gavagai
                        • May 2010

Apologies for the double post.

There is an absolutely fantastic interview with Simone Cecchetto on the H.Lorenzo Blog. Absolutely must read for fans of Augusta boots. I'm sure this was mentioned and I probably linked from somewhere on SZ but there seems to be quite a bit of discussion on here and I think people would appreciate the interview.

Comment

• tryptomine
                          • Apr 2010

FW10-11 collection was more interesting to my mind

Looking in SS11 cant decide what I like. With Duct tape looks interesting =)

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

before you continue any further, please stop with these inane posts. if you have nothing meaningful or interesting to add to the discussion, just read.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• tryptomine
                              • Apr 2010

I have already understand that on this forum you can only read !

Forum sometimes is full of stupid posts , but its ok ! That means Discussion ! Ahh I see !

asking is a waste of time ! about discussion I couldn't even imagine !

After read you will delete this post. I am sure

thanks for your time.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by tryptomine View Post
                                I have already understand that on this forum you can only read !

Forum sometimes is full of stupid posts , but its ok ! That means Discussion ! Ahh I see !

asking is a waste of time ! about discussion I couldn't even imagine !

After read you will delete this post. I am sure

thanks for your time.
                                Stupid posts and "discussion" that they spawn go into the shopping section. You better shut up and read more than you write, or you will be on your way out in no time.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎