Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mortalveneer
    • Jan 2008

now how's about we all take a timeout and chow down on some beans...

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Heh, hope it's not so simple)
      I agreed, that it was GBS's reference to Augusta/ccp theme, but can't see too much points in this way except one:

I fully agreed that first time Cechetto worked under hard Carol influence. But Simone demonstrated his design potential few years ago and calm down, cos production leads him more that design side of work, as I understand. On the other hand, CCP's design is something secondary, separated from production, he takes pair of shoes and distorts it by all means, because he sees that way. So here is a question, can he create new ideas for shoes for further transformation, or someone does it for him a few years ago? So maybe GBS point was about someone who teached Simone his skills and at the same years offer some special ideas like tornadoes and side folded boots to Carol?
      Sorry, CJ, you rise interesting question about production and design interaction and I'm just slowly digging through artisanal conspiracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mortalveneer View Post
        now how's about we all take a timeout and chow down on some beans...
        Oh, new hot beans treatment?!

Comment

• garbage_queen
          • Dec 2010

Anyone can tell, a glimpse of the insect, who is .... wasp or bee? I think a lot of it is not able to do! So it is here! For me, seeing as shoes that you are discussing, the first association - CCP! But of course with more detailed analysis is not to say that Simone someone copies the ... They have different shoes, different ways of handling materials! But as I have already said that I understand "from growing legs"! My lecturer said: "... there are many theories, but only one is correct ..." ... and of course I'm not supported by sufficient knowledge to decide for themselves who is right in this discussion ... Everyone chooses his own theory ...

Comment

• mortalveneer
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Jin View Post
            Oh, new hot beans treatment?!
            I hear Carol was doing it years ago.
            I am not who you think I am

Comment

• crouka
              • Jul 2007

once ccp was a designer behind a shoemaker.
              he can make it neat if he aims. but now he is designing for his own house. he is doing, listening to himself.
              even if it ends up repulsion for many and attraction for a few.

as for the "extent", he changed factories in 06. before 06 and after 07, production is different. to compare the 'same' style from respective years would help a formation of your own answer/opinion on how production can affect design.
              Last edited by crouka; 09-12-2012, 01:21 AM.

Comment

• sissyleaks
                • Dec 2011

^premiata _ they produced his line for a while...the staple boots , perforated rubber bands etc were developed there...

Comment

• boodude
                  • Oct 2012

a 1923 high lace boots

shopping questions don't belong here

Comment

• drizzly
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2012

was walking through the mall in my a1923 reverse leather backzips and was asked by one of those booths selling shoe cleaner if i wanted my boots cleaned... 2x... now i know the boots have a particular look but why would anyone think sneaker cleaner would clean reverse leather

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Have you read the rules of this forum?
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Then you will know that shopping and personal style questions are for shopping section and all your further posts that don't adhere to this rule wil be deleted.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SlightRight
                          • Mar 2011

Am I the only person thinking the sneaker lace on derbies is wired?

Comment

• BSR
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SlightRight View Post
                            Am I the only person thinking the sneaker lace on derbies is wired?
                            it's not weird, it's gross
                            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• gavagai
                              • May 2010

Every time BSR ventures into this thread it is to slag off the product or make some veiled reference regarding how derivative the product is...Talk about trolling.

I like the new shape of those derbies and the shoelaces seem to give them a unique character though i'm unsure how I would feel about them over time. Suppose it wouldn't be terribly difficult to change the laces.

Comment

• eleven crows
                                • Mar 2011

BSR is a badass dude. Bad enough to save the president and bad enough to slag off Adicioanateadro.

Buuuuut, I like the lacing and the shoe shape. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎