X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 550BC
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Gerber View Post
    even more ccp rip offs - why doesnt he ever stop?

straight copied the tongue from ccp sneakers
    still butthurt people deepthroating Carol here. I own and owned CCP footwear and clothing and things are similar, but you're over here still whining about a shoe tongue. To add a thing, my ccp drips ripped when they were still barely worn. I experienced better quality from Simone for certain things. Just saying.
    a fish out of water dies

Comment

• bukka
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
      still butthurt people deepthroating Carol here. I own and owned CCP footwear and clothing and things are similar, but you're over here still whining about a shoe tongue. To add a thing, my ccp drips ripped when they were still barely worn. I experienced better quality from Simone for certain things. Just saying.
      Classy.

On another note, why does it bother you when people point out Simone continuous ripoff (not like I give a fuck personally) but you go ape shit on Reoma when he makes something similar to CCP/BBS/whatever. I don't get it.

And, no offense, but you're the one continuously whining about meaningless shit like celebs wearing 11 by BBS
      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• 550BC
        • Jan 2013

Because reo ma is basically a chinese bootleg label, making straight copies in shit quality. Yes I've seen it in Paris. I'll add some stuff in WTF,. If you saw the 11 by bbs thread you could see I am done with 11 since they became a pretentious wannabe gang theme label for ss16. On the other hand you firing here at me while you private message me when you need advice and help to buy a BBS piece. Smh..
        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• bukka
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
          Because reo ma is basically a generic chinese bootleg label. If you saw the 11 by bbs thread you could see I was doen with 11 since they became a pretentious wannabe gang theme label for ss16. On the other hand you firing here at me while you private message me when you need advice and help to buy a BBS piece. Smh
          Took you some time

I'm positive I'll be able to manage my buyings without your advise . You fired first though. Don't be surprised if you get a reply after calling people butthurts deepthroating.
          Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• 550BC
            • Jan 2013

didn't fire at you did I? I quoted one recent specific person. and I've seen plenty in the past which I didn't quote. Glad you don't need my help anymore. There is also no shame in admitting you messaged me ;)

I'm going to stop responding here, because you're always going off topic and drag me into it
            Last edited by 550BC; 07-22-2015, 04:49 AM.
            a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Gerber
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
              What's going to change his mind if his efforts are well received and being positively reinforced with good business?

Some sort of delayed reaction from his artistic integrity which he may or may not have or care about?

With you: does the outrage and shock at his "copying" lessen with time and each new instance?

Or you the kind of person who is as awed by each subsequent sunset as the first time?

Must be a magical way to live. Nothing gets old!
              The only thing that bothers me every time I see this thread is that A1923 is really the only "rip off brand" appreciated on this forum while it is purely based on stealing others ideas. I have only seen BSR claiming his opinion while others like Faust seem to be personal friends with Simone and defend his work.

Compare this to the brand Bergfabel. Doing the same thing as A1923 (but with PH and not CCP/Ma+)... still totally smashed on here - even by Faust.

Just check the first pages of this thread. You will quickly see that A1923 first shoes were totally CCP derby imitates - at same price level tho - so no "chinese bootleg label". And he still copies every "idea" that becomes a good seller.
              From dead end zip, to self-edge inner construction (even buying the fabric from the same selfe-edge mill which is kinda ironic as CCP owns small percentage of these machines with bonotto). There is just too much to list.

Also I never said that Augusta is bad quality. I am just saying that he takes the idea and sells it in exactly the same market to the same audience with even a bigger price. He certainly is a good business guy - no offense to that. Not an artist tho.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

Pedigree goes a long way. The guy worked for Carpe Diem, that's his scene, and he does that niche very well. What else can you reasonably ask from him? I think in the artisanal niche, the originality of design takes a backseat anyways to the treatment, quality, and construction. Calling plagiarism might be missing the main point.

The CCP stuff becomes gray area, but I think that some derivation of CD/MA+ is forgivable, if it can really be called derivation. It's different when you're actually friends and have worked with people.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• unwashed
                  • Dec 2008

I've read it somewhere before as well. Found this on styleforum with a quick search on google. It might be also somewhere in this thread.

Funny that he has worked for Rick though if this is true
                  Grailed link

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Gerber View Post
                    The only thing that bothers me every time I see this thread is that A1923 is really the only "rip off brand" appreciated on this forum while it is purely based on stealing others ideas. I have only seen BSR claiming his opinion while others like Faust seem to be personal friends with Simone and defend his work.

Compare this to the brand Bergfabel. Doing the same thing as A1923 (but with PH and not CCP/Ma+)... still totally smashed on here - even by Faust.

Just check the first pages of this thread. You will quickly see that A1923 first shoes were totally CCP derby imitates - at same price level tho - so no "chinese bootleg label". And he still copies every "idea" that becomes a good seller.
                    From dead end zip, to self-edge inner construction (even buying the fabric from the same selfe-edge mill which is kinda ironic as CCP owns small percentage of these machines with bonotto). There is just too much to list.

Also I never said that Augusta is bad quality. I am just saying that he takes the idea and sells it in exactly the same market to the same audience with even a bigger price. He certainly is a good business guy - no offense to that. Not an artist tho.
                    Listen, Mr. 15 posts. While I know Simone personally (in my book, a different thing from "being friends"), as well as many other designers, if you bothered to look at the history of my posts, you will see that I was critical of A1923 from the get-go. Nevertheless, the label grew on its own, because people bought the product despite mostly negative reactions on SZ.

Things have changed since. Carol is a goner that churns out reissues in rainbow color scale for Chinese ballers. The thing that causes your self-righteous indignation isn't even a copy, but a copied element of a shoe. You have nothing better to do with your time?

I maintain that the SS16 collection was strong. I also said that the influences were obvious. So, think twice before you insinuate any kind of biased judgement on my part and check yourself before I become uncivil.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• drizzly
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2012

I have pointed to the obvious comparison. But at the end if a1923 is making a boot i like, i will wear it. Dual zips in 14 and 15 have been legit.

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
                        • Mar 2014

Reverse leather black dual zips, I first managed to grope a pair in 2013 and I was sold. They are most definitely the one, used to be so hard to get and now darklands has 3 or 4 different types in stock.

I'm so happy.

After FINALLY getting some Augusta derbies, those will be my next purchase.

I've accepted that there's never gonna be much size 44 augusta clothing out there so I'll just have to deal with that and keep wearing japanese things that fit my skinny shortman proportions.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                          He didn't.
                          Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                          I've read it somewhere before as well. Found this on styleforum with a quick search on google. It might be also somewhere in this thread.

Funny that he has worked for Rick though if this is true
                          Wait, so can someone clear this up? Was that interview debunked somehow at some point, or did he work with CD and also Rick? Seems like the kind of thing that makes or breaks his credibility, to either have that experience vs having lied about it.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                            • Jul 2013

Oh wow, that's unfortunate.

Comment

• byhand
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by NoisyArmchair View Post
                              I've accepted that there's never gonna be much size 44 augusta clothing out there so I'll just have to deal with that and keep wearing japanese things that fit my skinny shortman proportions.

Just buy MA+. It's basically the same thing. Oh, wait, MA+ in size 44 isn't the easiest to find either. Darklands usually stocks size 44 in both.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                                • Sep 2008

Does someone know if they take custom orders? Tried contacting them directly, but no answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎