• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by sbw4224 View Post
    Photos are up on Scoute:

I was really loving this "Doctor Death" attire last night, yes AKA, the picture are giving us a better view as i thought the lighting, even thougfh creating a mood, did not allow for optimum viewing...............
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

thats a nice ccp mask
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by sbw4224 View Post
        Photos are up on Scoute
        thank for the great shots Scott!

this photo was really cool:

more here
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
          thats a nice ccp mask
          thinking the same thing when i saw it.
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

that photo's a bit like a scene from shaun of the dead

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

The show is fantastic, I actually like this a whole lot more than Julius, to be honest.
              I can see why other here find similarities with this line and Julius (because of all of the leather) but the details seem a lot more thought out. The seams on the jackets, the zipper placements, and the silhouettes are very much his own.
              I also love the two looks on the women walking in the show; The sleeveless hooded cape jacket looks amazing on the model.

Congrats to Austin!
              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• morsto
                • Nov 2008

It looks quite nice, but the prices, for instance $1800 for a hooded leather, isn't it a bit much for an entirely new designer? I would have to be on quite a variety of drugs to not get a julius instead. Maybe I'm alone here though, anyways, it looks very good and I wouldn't know that this was a first show if it wasn't written earlier - it looks very professional.
                I do not recognise the vessel,
                but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Well, the price for a Julius leather is more than $1000 more, so I don't see where the comparison is. Geller is charging around the same price for a leather as Odyn.

I think Odyn's prices are about where they should be if not lower. For instance that bamboo cape cardigan for $270 is a deal and a half compared to a Rick Owens draped cardigan in virigin wool for more than triple the price.
                  "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by morsto View Post
                    It looks quite nice, but the prices, for instance $1800 for a hooded leather, isn't it a bit much for an entirely new designer? I would have to be on quite a variety of drugs to not get a julius instead. Maybe I'm alone here though, anyways, it looks very good and I wouldn't know that this was a first show if it wasn't written earlier - it looks very professional.
                    this is perhaps why i'm a skeptic. it looks too professional.
                    i certainly admire someone for pulling something off on this scale. i don't care who paid for it, nor the people in the industry banking on him. people always rally around youth for a bit. but in fashion, its so easy to do the research, everythings is so consumable, that someone who is 23 or whatever can easily produce an easily digestable collection that perfectly encapsulates the style zeitgeist (no pun intended)
                    there's no youthful recklessness here. there's no recklessness at all. its fashion recklessness which always makes me wince.
                    i'm sure he will be hot and hip and famous soon enough if not already and god bless him, but i see no edge and i hear no voice.
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• diamonds
                      • Dec 2006

who is the designer... for some reason i thought he posted here?

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Austin, posts as AX-OV
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• morsto
                          • Nov 2008

Point taken Cas, the cardigan price is very reasonable, I guess I temporarily forgot the even more ridiculous prices by the other designers. I retract my critique.
                          I do not recognise the vessel,
                          but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

but in fashion, its so easy to do the research, everythings is so consumable, that someone who is 23 or whatever can easily produce an easily digestable collection that perfectly encapsulates the style zeitgeist (no pun intended)
                            there's no youthful recklessness here.
                            for the record how old is he? last night i heard 22 now 23. we were joking that the drunker everyone got the younger he became
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

this is perhaps why i'm a skeptic. it looks too professional.
                              i certainly admire someone for pulling something off on this scale. i don't care who paid for it, nor the people in the industry banking on him. people always rally around youth for a bit. but in fashion, its so easy to do the research, everythings is so consumable, that someone who is 23 or whatever can easily produce an easily digestable collection that perfectly encapsulates the style zeitgeist (no pun intended)
                              there's no youthful recklessness here. there's no recklessness at all. its fashion recklessness which always makes me wince.
                              i'm sure he will be hot and hip and famous soon enough if not already and god bless him, but i see no edge and i hear no voice.
                              i dont think it looks too professional, i think it SHOULD look professional regardless of whether it is your first show or not, i think fashion has come to accept mediocrity from too many, (or the belief that it should take large sums of money to do things properly). when a young individual does something good, people start asking weird questions as if standards of exellence is only for the experienced, of course alot of it is derivative, but arent the many designers doing the Thom Browne look nowadays also derivative?

he may not have found his own voice as yet, but i know sewing, and the clothes are decently (if not well) made (as to how it will translate into non model sizes is another story) and at the prices he is selling, he will speak to the wallet of a customer who wants this look but cant affort Julius, Rick owens and other designers in that group.......

i will make a more honest assesment after two or three seasons, when he should have develop a look and feel of his own, and for the record, i didnt think the show was "That professional" it was what i would expect from any young designer who is serious about their career
                              Last edited by zamb; 02-13-2009, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                                for the record how old is he? last night i heard 22 now 23. we were joking that the drunker everyone got the younger he became
                                Maybe today is his birthday......... so he was twenty two yesterday but twenty three now

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎