X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I visited the showroom but very briefly as I was in a constant rush, but did get a chance to handle all pieces. I hadn't really done my homework in this case so I was initially confused by only a handful of pieces, but hearing the concept made it much more clear.

The blurb above described it best, but to add, there were (at least) slim pants/leggings with an overlapping front, roomier jogging type pants, a hooded jacket, a dress and a t-shirt. the pieces have a very organic feel to them, construction is minimal and some have the option to cut them as mentioned. For example, a t-shirt had several rounds of stitching below the excisting collar, so you can cut the hole wider along the stitch.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to shoot photos, but perhaps we'll see some in the near future regardless.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• docus
      • Dec 2010

^^^ Merz - thanks for sharing, this is really intriguing and beautiful stuff, with strong echoes of Linea (as you pointed out earlier). I'm glad there is still someone furrowing that conceptual groove. Looking forward to more details

Comment

• christianef
        • Feb 2009

did she end up producing the footwear?

Comment

• Enaml
          • Apr 2009

those textures are more linea than i've seen in a while
          How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• falconchan
            • Feb 2011

I visited the showroom in March.

I found Marvie's got a clearer work in this collection combined with her concept.

The construction comes to differ in:
            'slim'---much fitter in shoulder, chest and leg, constructions becomes fitter and closer to our body shape
            'medium'---Construction comes to more straight.
            'O-shape'---like the name O-shape. Construction comes to more like a one-piece in the whole look of the garments and without shoulder.

This season still focusing on the comfortable wearing and combination of the individual pieces and color of the fabric.

Briefly, I enjoyed a lot in the showroom.
            Background Ecucation make me sick.

Comment

• Supel
              • Apr 2011

http://leparadox.com/marvielab-maglia-tessuto-ss13

Unsure if anyone has seen this. Only thing needed thus far is some fit pictures. Definitely like her direction and approach towards designing as she continues to deliver based on conceptual work quite similar to the days of Linea (3x3 modular system / s+m+l...)

ReCiKli ss13 is also exquisite for those who haven't seen. Can surely work along side the aesthetic of a peasant people strive for / PH victims. Fortunately I do at times.

Comment

• eleven crows
                • Mar 2011

Had not seen this.

Aside from fit pics, shots of the actual garments would be great.

Each piece has a name and preserve the identity of a family member, bringing back to life some aspects of their original personality, but leaving enough space for a new identity placed between the delicate fibers of organic yarns. The knit and woven fabric are developed in two different processes, resulting in 24 unisex garments, 12 for each material, constructed from the same patterns. Following the traditional relaxed volumes and the designerā€™s beloved slouchy silhouettes, all the pieces are conceived as layering pieces, having with each knit a corresponding, separately-constructed garment that can either be worn as a lining or a standalone piece.

I love this. I know Marvie is constantly reimagining traditional garments, but there's a beautiful romanticism to this theme.

Everything I've got from Marvie (not much at this point tbh) and everything I've seen feels like warmth, comfort and nostalgia.

Comment

• jevwv
                  • May 2013

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is the model of this marvielab tee. I've scanned on Darkland website, but still have no clue... . Strongly need to buy this for my girlfriend

Please let me know

Probably this one? Is it?

Comment

• Marlon
                    • Sep 2011

You should contact the Void team, I think they will be able to tell you : info@voidparis.com

Comment

• jevwv
                      • May 2013

Marlon Try to send emails to this address several times, but they're always don't work. Try to ask them on instagram but never receive any answer.

Comment

• magic
                        • Feb 2009

I think there are not the same style, espcially the neck line.
                        Focusing on object details

Comment

• mizzar
                          • Mar 2008

I think it's not t-shirt, it's a dress-tunic.
                          code TL38
                          fabric ML
                          color 07 or simmular
                          ____
                          sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• jevwv
                            • May 2013

Thanks mizzar, please let me know where can i find it.

Comment

• dvd
                              • Jun 2012

Anyone know why seemingly no retailers stock Marvielab for men? At least not in Europe. I would love to get my hands on some of their longsleeves and tees, but I canĀ“t find anywhere to buy them...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎