Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adeline basely
    • Nov 2009

nothing to add, or just that's my aim was to interpret CCP work through my own vision, with minimalism and elegance.
    from my point of view, I reached what I wanted.

Comment

• endersgame
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
      Where are the opponents ?
      Will I be the only one to play on the playground ?
      i'm not playing this game where you always win, christian.

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
        i'm not playing this game where you always win, christian.

Comment

• eat me
          • May 2009

I prefer the CCP. They look better to me, more natural, the fabric choice is more logical, and the shape is weird, but not awkward. However, pants and shapes like these are definitely a very personal preference and are difficult to view objectively.
          Last edited by eat me; 06-12-2010, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• BSR
            • Aug 2008

pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• fenrost
              Banned
              • Mar 2009

well, you see 1 assym fly pants, you see them all.. it just suddenly more popped up lately, more will come. how many more the world need?

lost&found also have a similar simple constructed pair coming in the AW10?

never claim to interpret other designers work to your own, such statement will haunt the rest of your work.
              Last edited by fenrost; 06-12-2010, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• kuugaia
                • Feb 2010

^ "Originality is the art of concealing your sources."

That being said, it seems Christian is laying it out there...all the sources for people to see. Whether or not people believe Adeline's vision is embedded into these pants is hard to say because she's a new designer. So I think it's hard on the uptake purely because of that...say if Amadei suddenly made a pair of these, I'm sure people would be more than happy to accept it.

On the pants themselves, I don't like how there is so much stiff bunching at the knees...not sure if this is fabric choice or construction. Looking at the flat image, and as stated by Christian, the asymmetrical zip fly looks like it was put onto the pants for the sake of it being there (although this was not Adeline's decision ). So in personal opinion, I enjoyed the CCP pair more because the entire design is coherent. No doubt there are flaws, but it seems more consistent in the asymmetrical concept to these. Sorry Adeline, still love your work!

One day...somebody is going to produce a pair of these pants where the fabric and construction is perfect. Kopkopkopkopkop!

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

Ah... CCP defenders are in da house ! Good.

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                  On the pants themselves, I don't like how there is so much stiff bunching at the knees...not sure if this is fabric choice or construction.
                  No, styling problem (BSR, tu es viré, de nouveau). The tucking in the boots makes them ride up, hence the pleats at the knees. I saw it as well on the pics, and tried a different way of tucking to avoid them, and it works. But imo these pants are made to be worn with derbies.
                  So, CCP defenders, please send me your CCP derbies to be sure that I'm right.
                  Last edited by Chant; 06-13-2010, 04:08 AM.

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by fenrost View Post

never claim to interpret other designers work to your own, such statement will haunt the rest of your work.
                    Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                    ^ "Originality is the art of concealing your sources."

That being said, it seems Christian is laying it out there...all the sources for people to see. Whether or not people believe Adeline's vision is embedded into these pants is hard to say because she's a new designer. So I think it's hard on the uptake purely because of that...say if Amadei suddenly made a pair of these, I'm sure people would be more than happy to accept it.

One day...somebody is going to produce a pair of these pants where the fabric and construction is perfect. Kopkopkopkopkop!

well guys, you should read the scoute paper on Adeline's work before saying that

Adeline's "stat-ment" project is based on a nice take on bespoke, where the final cloth is seen as a design interaction between the wearer and the designer. It's not the usual bespoke tailoring relationship, where the wearer's work remains basic (to choose the material, let the tailor measuring his body, and to ask for general features of the cut). It's more of a co-creation task, where both parts (Adeline and her customer) have a word on the very idea of the garment. It was Christian's wish (see his above posts) to get a pair of pants that would match his CCP asymmetrical blazer, and Adeline considered this Christian's request as an input for her work. So it's not a case where Adeline is inspired by CCP, it's a case where Christian wants a cloth whose idea comes from a CCP product. So in the idea of these pants, the CCP inspiration comes from the client and not from the designer.

I like this idea of co-creative designs. It is a risk both for the designer (as it can lead to some misunderstandings) and for the client (whose ideas can express poor taste). But it's a path that everyone who considers himself concerned with style and not only with fashion should consider: it's far more difficult and rewarding to be at the source of the cloth you're wearing than to adopt a ready-made universe, as complex as it might be (you know who i think of). But top-to-bottom attitude has long life...
                    Last edited by BSR; 06-13-2010, 07:41 AM.
                    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• fenrost
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2009

^ in short, its still a "custom made to measure pants", and to cater that particular jacket in question?

irregardless, i am sure adeline have what it takes to do better pants, this collab, sorry - aren't interesting. seems boring as the fly button are for the sake of the look/request than actual concepts/function - lack of entity.
                      Last edited by fenrost; 06-13-2010, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• adeline basely
                        • Nov 2009

CCP vs stat-ment

I think that's a mistake to reduce this piece to a simple deviated fly.
                        my work was more focused on the construction than on this kind of detail, not really interesting in my opinion. here that's not only the fly but "the seam" that's deviated. CCP choose to deviate all seams by the same way. regarding to this construction I choose to cancel side seams and create an only seam that include the fly. I admire CCP work, that's why to interpret his work is as interesting as difficult.
                        for me that was more a style exercise, I don't claim this edition as a creation.
                        my work here is personal and dedicated to Christian, I expected this kind of reaction.
                        I'd like to focus your attention on the process using by a lot of designers to interpret the work of other artists or designers. that's a usual process. I think I did my best according to Christian's request. I assume my work and the result.

Comment

• kuugaia
                          • Feb 2010

If you look at it from a co-creation perspective as BSR pointed out, then it's more understandable. The concept of creating something that the wearer wants with Adeline's sartorial knowledge and skill. That's all fine. But maybe in a sense, it's not really a part of Adeline's line? Maybe that's not entirely Stat-ment?

As those pants were of Christian's personal request, and there were parts of the construction that were not of Adeline's decision, I find it's hard to put it under Stat-ment as well. This will immediately get the misinterpretation of CCP vs. Stat-ment debate, which is possibly not even justified in the first place. So maybe postulate and stat-ment should be seperate from the 'made-to-co-create service' that she also offers.

Nonetheless, after I saw those pants on waywt, I kinda wanted them..

Comment

• eat me
                            • May 2009

adeline, I don't think you should take it too close to heart. After all, it was a request, plus you also weren't a stranger to CCP's work, and you've got a lot of other interesting things going on.

Guys, let it go.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Ive stayed out because I find it a really stupid discussion, I think people should broaden their scope or reference, in order to understand things better. every time a piece is created/ viewed that bares some similarities to a certain designers work, it automatically follows that the creator is accused of copying the designer.

Listen, all fashion is inspired by some source, there is a distinct difference in directly ripping off something as opposed to being inspired by it. also, two pieces can have very striking similarities, but it doesn't necessarily mean that one designer copied the other, or that both were even inspired by the same thing, in creating their pieces

here in my Studio, I offer a Custom Service also, where clients can commission me to create a piece that suits a particular need. this is separate and apart from me creating a line and I go at lengths to make a distinction between the two. It seems Adeline also offeres this kind of service, which is nothing strange in the fashion business.
                              I think outside of quality, the strength of here design abilities should be judged on the seasonal collections she created, (Postulate guys..........dont hate.........postulate!)

People should be glad that there is a service being offered by a designer like her, in which there is the opportunity to have items made that suits a specific need (Christian needed a pants to wear with his CCP jacket)

I laud Christian for his genuine Support of Designers like Doma and Adeline. I respect his knowledge and his efforts and it seems he really has fun doing it. I am certain if Adeline wasn't a first rate talent Christian wouldn't be as supportive, because he doesn't seem like a man who does second rate.

Don't hate Guys.............Just postulate......... or at least fall prostrate........and dont damage your prostate...........LOL
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• fenrost
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by adeline basely View Post
                                I think I did my best according to Christian's request. I assume my work and the result.
                                Not attacking you in anyway, I do understand it's made upon request. But I was commenting the idea behind the end product it was upon request/collab and there's element of referencing (which is stupid and went out of context) . The same way with recreating a AW09 RO coat few months back -> this recreation from referencing can turn anyone off and misunderstood. For all this mess, just blame Chant.

Nothing more to say. Moving on!
                                Last edited by fenrost; 06-13-2010, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎