X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

Oh come on, you love it.

I'm erring on the side of Harnden here. I think the pocket flaps are tucked. The other thing though, I don't recognize this specific fabric.

I also noticed that double pocket seam situation happening, and I think it may just be a little trompe l'oeil situation with the combination of the lining and the pocket flap.

Comment

• rider
      eyes of the world
      • Jun 2009

opinions on the somerset womens? I havent tried this one on and its on my radar. is it similar to a riding jacket or more of a mac?
      I've seen the bird print before and always loved it.
      I'm a bit of a Harnden newbie so any impressions would be appreciated.

Comment

• kurta
        • Jun 2014

Having read through this thread's entirety, I can say -- with both authenticity and nostalgia -- that I love you all. (With especial affections to crouka, eton97, Avantster, MikeN, BSR, Faust, surver, AKA*NYC, lowrey, et al for reliably elucidating and thought-provoking dialogue. Leather-backed gold stars all around.)

Comment

• TabulaRasa
          • Jun 2014

I tried on a few pieces at IF the other day. Really liked the black Artist Jacket. As I'm new to PH (I have the Classic in stripe with the help of Eton97 and Eckblk) I'm curious what the consensus is on it? I don't seem to find much searching around online. Not sure if that means it's rare or just not talked about much. Seems like a pretty standard cut but, of course, the fabric and tailoring is top notch.

Also liked the black Norfolk.

Tried on some Elena Dawson which was pretty nice save for the strange buttoning (three close together 3/4 of the way down and one up top).

I think I've gotten the bug.

I guess what I'm asking is if I were to pick one of the two--Artist or Norfolk--to be my second piece (and a black one at that) which would be the best bet?

Thanks.
          The music I make.

Comment

• SuE
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by TabulaRasa View Post
            I don't seem to find much searching around online. Not sure if that means it's rare or just not talked about much.
            is there any Paul harnden garment you can find much about by searching online? Be happy you at least have a stockist nearby
            One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• TabulaRasa
              • Jun 2014

Okay, so maybe I'm spoiled. ;) I do feel lucky. And while there isn't a ton of stuff online I can find plenty of pics of the pocket and classic. I'm still just trying to find out opinions on the Artist vs The Norfolk.

Thanks a bunch.
              The music I make.

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

get the one that fits better. i think the artist jacket may be pretty boxy so it may not look right on many people...
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• TabulaRasa
                  • Jun 2014

Okay, thanks. I liked the way the Artist looked but it's a pretty simple and standard cut. Leaning towards the Norfolk though I'm on the shorter side (5'6") and it's definitely cut longer than the classic.

I'm new to PH and just figuring out the ins and outs. Thanks for your patience. Cheers.
                  The music I make.

Comment

• rider
                    eyes of the world
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by TabulaRasa View Post

Tried on some Elena Dawson which was pretty nice save for the strange buttoning (three close together 3/4 of the way down and one up top).

Thanks.
                    this coat? its very nice. but I think you need to be tall to pull it off well or at least long waisted.

Comment

• TabulaRasa
                      • Jun 2014

Not that one. It was the "New Blazer" and it was shorter. I can post a pic later. But that was the button configuration at least.

Edit: this is the jacket I was referring to:

Last edited by TabulaRasa; 12-08-2014, 03:49 PM.
                      The music I make.

Comment

• kurta
                        • Jun 2014

Picked up a few more pieces from the current FW14 season.

Belted jean in "Grey" (with a hint of green), 100% wool:

And a classic Men's Blazer in black wool/linen. A slightly lighter fabric than my previous FW iteration, giving it some seasonal versatility.

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

The artist jacket is cool. It exists in both single and double breasted versions, I think depending on if it's fall or spring. To me it's definitely more of an outerwear piece, whereas the norfolk, IMO only works as part of a suit... or at least non-cropped pants.

Comment

• generic_guy
                            • Mar 2007

Email from DSM saying they are getting more Harnden stock this weekend.

Comment

• Anomie
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by generic_guy View Post
                              Email from DSM saying they are getting more Harnden stock this weekend.
                              Is DSM the only store that stocks Harnden in London?

Comment

• noirgt
                                • Oct 2012

I believe ph is strictly one city one account

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡