Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morsto
    • Nov 2008

chinese kids are likely already sewing shitty tshirts with pictures of bulldogs as we speak.
    either way, the givenchy collab makes probably the most sense of the collabs, seeing as the pinnacle of their "design" the past few years are tshirts with prints that get hyped by fashionista droolers. this will fit right in
    I do not recognise the vessel,
    but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Let's not shit this thread up, please. If and when this comes we can talk about it. Or start a new thread now.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xeraphim
        • Nov 2008

barely two weeks in and the entire range is already marked down lol

Comment

• gavagai
          • May 2010

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm not sure of the total production but a few people who I know that waited in the ridiculous lines said they had a ton of product and were not selling out like previous collaborations.

That being said, these "re-editions" or whatever you choose to call them are still rather radical to be incorporated into most peoples' wardrobe.

I think driving hype and customers into the store (periphery sales) is just as important to H&M as the actual sales of Margiela.

Either way I just can't bring myself to walk into the store for many of the reasons mentioned above.

Comment

• Warg
            • Nov 2012

bought a lot returned a lot...
            loved the idea cause it wasn't just Margiela inspiration but Margiela re editions! But then of course... Quality wise, it is terrible... the motorcycle jacket and the belt jacket were my favorite. But the leather quality was so bad... i rather not have it at all!

Still don t know about how to feel about those collaborations. i m pretty sure Martin is still vomiting but i mean in general... I just don t know...

Comment

• CARMEN
              • Aug 2012

the entire collection is still available and the prices have been slashed more than 50%. very strange, but rather comical

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by xeraphim View Post
                barely two weeks in and the entire range is already marked down lol
                Originally posted by CARMEN View Post
                the entire collection is still available and the prices have been slashed more than 50%. very strange, but rather comical

there is a God in Heaven and there issuch a thing as divine justice..........
                you wouldn't know how happy I am to hear all this
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Dec 2010

^uh all the above means is that people still refuse to pay higher prices for their clothing. The higher than average price of the range was probably the only redeeming thing about the collaboration.

to put it more clearly: it is adverse to the "buy less pay more" attitude we've all been wanting

Comment

• LEB
                    • May 2012

^ I think part of it is also because the collection was too 'fashionable' and therefore unwearable for most H&M customers.
                    Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen!

Comment

• nellytheelephant
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                      there is a God in Heaven and there issuch a thing as divine justice..........
                      you wouldn't know how happy I am to hear all this
                      Anyone who spent must be just a little bit gutted.

Comment

• HWith
                        • May 2007

H&M in Copenhagen, Denmark.

4 full racks of pretty much all items and sizes + shoes and accessories, 50% off and people are still not buying... Of course the duvet jackets are still there.

Comment

• flwlessvctry
                          • Jul 2011

I just cant wrap my head around why someone would pay $300 for a pair of h&m x margiela when you can easily buy an original pair on sale for roughly the same amount.

Comment

• shah
                            • Jul 2009

finally got around to entering h&m store, tried a few things. given the hype surrounding it perhaps i expected too much...tried on the stitched-together jacket, one side a DB navy with gold buttons the other a slightly shorter jacket in black. Would have been cool to see the original MMM piece, I would definitely pick it up.

But this, like everything else, felt awful, the sweater was like rat wool and the footwear even at 69-150$..well I will just buy chucks instead.

[/spoiler]

Comment

• CARMEN
                              • Aug 2012

I got a pair of those painted ankle boots for $30 (marked down from $300) ahhahhhaha

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎