• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Re: Scoute JUNE 2008

its great especially after some of the expansion work

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Diego
      • Aug 2007

Great work Mike, specially the tags article. Now I want those Muji mesh garment bags (in black).

Comment

• inaya
        • Apr 2008

Nice to see everyone is liking it. mike lowrey is the man for putting it all together so well. Will only keep getting better, I'm sure [87]

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Mike, this should be the logo for the travel section.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

was that books name "Travel Girl" by any chance? didnt see it mentioned on the cover...

"Let's trip!" [74]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I don't know, Mike. But I've decided that all my images will from now on come from engrish.com
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

coming up in July:

next issue
                Robert Geller
                Scoute talked with the New York based designer about his label, design and influences

Comment

• landwolf
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2008

looking forward to that Mike. mouko have anything to do with it?

Comment

• aruva
                    • Dec 2007

Scoute influence:

Mylaptop bag "unfold" from workingclassheroes.eu is on it's way. A beautiful bag that becomes a very individual part of me in every daycorporateworld which is dreary and boring.

Comment

• aruva
                      • Dec 2007

[quote user="Diego"]Great work Mike, specially the tags article. Now I want those Muji mesh garment bags (in black).[/quote]

They are great travel pack bags. I got them online (www.mujionline.co.uk ) along with other travel stuffs.Unfortunately ,only place that was selling MUJI at that time was MOMA and they were into selling pencils and some wooden toys ...Now they have thier own storein broadway.

Comment

• Diego
                        • Aug 2007

I'm going to NY next week and I'm definitely bringing some of those home with me. Thanks for the info Aruva.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="aruva"]

[quote user="Diego"]Great work Mike, specially the tags article. Now I want those Muji mesh garment bags (in black).[/quote]

They are great travel pack bags. I got them online (www.mujionline.co.uk ) along with other travel stuffs.Unfortunately ,only place that was selling MUJI at that time was MOMA and they were into selling pencils and some wooden toys ...Now they have thier own storein broadway.

[/quote]

one opened in midtown a couple of weeks ago in the new new york times building

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• aruva
                            • Dec 2007

Great !! That would be my stop when i visit there. The shop at NY times building waswell publicized up and was supposed to be open last fall. I thought they shelved that plan and hence opened in broadway and was disappointed to seeit, which looked pretty disorganized. I can safely say that at least 50% of my stuff is from muji..living peacefully and minimalistically alongside MA+,Ann .....

Faust: there was an article in NY times what made MOMA to have muji in thier store..it was hilarious because for MOMA it was just another business.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="aruva"]

Great !! That would be my stop when i visit there. The shop at NY times building waswell publicized up and was supposed to be open last fall. I thought they shelved that plan and hence opened in broadway and was disappointed to seeit, which looked pretty disorganized. I can safely say that at least 50% of my stuff is from muji..living peacefully and minimalistically alongside MA+,Ann .....

Faust: there was an article in NY times what made MOMA to have muji in thier store..it was hilarious because for MOMA it was just another business.

[/quote]

It certainly looked like it. Anyway, I find the whole idea of the store pointless outside of Japan (and maybe over Asian countries). Between freight and duties, the price no longer justifies the basic nature of the items. So, the whole non-brand brand idea becomes perverted into a brand brand idea... if you know what I mean...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

yea, the non-brandconcept definately doesn't carry over too wellwhen Muji became trendy and went abroad. regardless of the concept though, they have some pretty nice basic stuff like stationery, homeware, travel goods etc which I've definately been happy with. they also havedope cookies and popcorn [86]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎