• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aruva
    • Dec 2007

Re: Scoute JUNE 2008

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="aruva"]

Great !! That would be my stop when i visit there. The shop at NY times building waswell publicized up and was supposed to be open last fall. I thought they shelved that plan and hence opened in broadway and was disappointed to seeit, which looked pretty disorganized. I can safely say that at least 50% of my stuff is from muji..living peacefully and minimalistically alongside MA+,Ann .....

Faust: there was an article in NY times what made MOMA to have muji in thier store..it was hilarious because for MOMA it was just another business.

[/quote]

It certainly looked like it. Anyway, I find the whole idea of the store pointless outside of Japan (and maybe over Asian countries). Between freight and duties, the price no longer justifies the basic nature of the items. So, the whole non-brand brand idea becomes perverted into a brand brand idea... if you know what I mean...

[/quote]

Absolutely in agreement faust. It was horrendously costly in thier broadway store and secondly ,rather than appreciating its minimalism, it became a psuedo fashionable for lot of people to own muji after all it's hype in every design mag. This was the end of a niche image and now, it looks like any other store. Nicheness does not stay alive for long.

Comment

• Danvers
      • Jan 2008

Re: Scoute JUNE 2008

Just finished both issues, really enjoyed the berlin guide in the May edition!!
      Thanks Mike!

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎