Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ann Demeulemeester article (Ann of Antwerp from NYT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • interman
    • Dec 2006

Re: Ann Demeulemeester article (Ann of Antwerp from NYT)

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="interman"]Do any of you know of an audio or video clip where her name is pronounced?
    [/quote]

Hahaha, there is no consensus. It's either De-myu-le-mister, De-myu-le-meister, or De-myu-le-maister. I need an official version, dammit.

Thanks for the heads up, coldrice. Where do I get the He magazine. Don't tell me it's Japanese.

[/quote]

Oh I've seen many versions around, but those are the ones you've heard at stores? Geez, we should have someone drop by her boutique in Belgium and ask there [:D]

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

I mentioned "He" magazine in the magazine thread a few days ago. I had never heard of it, but I've been seeing it in all the Barnes and Nobles around NY, so you shouldn't have trouble finding it Faust.
      music

Comment

• baizilla
        • Sep 2006

In the Antwerp store they pronounced it as De-my-le-meister.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="baizilla"]In the Antwerp store they pronounced it as De-my-le-meister.[/quote]

You saxons can't pronounce the "meu" correctly (of course I'm going by the french pronunciation so I'm also cheating) but eu isn't yu it's actually something like "meh" but I can't find the correct way to say it in english, both letters kinda merge together in the same extendedsound instead of being pronunced separately as in english. At least that's how I've heard it being pronunced, for what its worth.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

AR: You must get this asked all the time, but I'm going to ask you this anyway. What are your biggest fashion Do's and Don'ts?

AD:
            My biggest fashion dos and don'ts? Like I said, I'm not a dictator. I
            hate these kind of games. Everybody can do what he likes. I'm an
            anarchist in that...

I don't want to say you have to do this, you
            don't do that. It's really too ridiculous. We are adult women, adult
            men, I hope we know how we want to dress and voila.

[/quote]

There were lines I liked more, and I love this interview, but it was this response to such an infantile question that basically made her my favorite designer the first time I read this.
            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

BTW, I found out this weekend that an article by the same name was printed in Vogue in 1997. Heh.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• baizilla
                • Sep 2006

Encens has dedicated an issue to Ann.. the photos are absolutely amazing!

http://www.encensrevue.com/encens18.html

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

thanks for the link! I love those boots in the first shot....they remind me of antelope. [:)]
                  ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="baizilla"]Encens has dedicated an issue to Ann.. the photos are absolutely amazing!

http://www.encensrevue.com/encens18.html

[/quote]

Thanks!

Laika, it's not too late to get the shoes - 4 hours till the Barneys warehouse ends ;-)

My friend in London has that hooded top. It's amazing. It's made from the same wool/ramie blend, and it's basically a huge sleeveless wrap with a big hood. She just puts it over any jacket/coat and wraps it whichever way the mood suits her and it's very warm.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• baizilla
                      • Sep 2006

You are welcome! :D

I picked up the issue two days ago at Copyright in Antwerp... the interview is quite fascinating...
                      there piece mentioned, which the media has described as "the ann piece".

Supposedly it is a "multi-holed rectangle that slides on by twisting it around the body" and it was presented in FW 1997.

Does anyone have a picture of this garment? I'm quite intrigued... :D

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="baizilla"]You are welcome! :D

I picked up the issue two days ago at Copyright in Antwerp... the interview is quite fascinating...
                        there piece mentioned, which the media has described as "the ann piece".

Supposedly it is a "multi-holed rectangle that slides on by twisting it around the body" and it was presented in FW 1997.

Does anyone have a picture of this garment? I'm quite intrigued... :D

[/quote]

Those pix are hard to come by. I looked on the contemporaryfashion.net website, but they don't have it. I'll take a look in my book, too.

You went to Antwerp again? What did you buy? Pictures!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• baizilla
                          • Sep 2006

Yeah, I really wanna see how the piece looks.. sounds absolutely beautiful! :D

Hehe .. yeah- I took one day off from the Paris chaos.. and went to Antwerp...

Coming up! In the recent purchases thread.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="baizilla"]Yeah, I really wanna see how the piece looks.. sounds absolutely beautiful! :D

Hehe .. yeah- I took one day off from the Paris chaos.. and went to Antwerp...

Coming up! In the recent purchases thread.

[/quote]

I will ask my friend to send me a picture. Better yet, I'll be in London Wed., I'll take some myself.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• baizilla
                              • Sep 2006

Cool, please do :)

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

A good series of pictures of Ann's store in Seoul.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎