Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ann Demeulemeester article (Ann of Antwerp from NYT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firstlove
    • Apr 2008

Re: Ann Demeulemeester article (Ann of Antwerp from NYT)

[quote user="Faust"]A good series of pictures of Ann's store in Seoul.
    [/quote]

the storeseems like it's located inpeople's neighborhood lol... i guessAnn D. didnt' wanna be with otherhigh endfashion stores? it looks amazing nonetheless.

no one in middle classcan afford to buy any of Ann D.'s collectionsin korea, which makes me sad, because if iwas stillliving in korea,there is no way i would have afforded any of her collections.

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
      • Aug 2007

what is this the PGA tour. the interior looks nice though. thanks for the pics.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[/quote]

There is a good article about the store in the current issue of Interior Design magazine, with some excellent pictures. Yea, I bought it [<:o)]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
          • Apr 2008

wow, what a stunning place. I will definitely go there when i am in Seoul in Juli...but unfortunately firstlove is right, with the luxury tax every piece from outside korea costs double the regular retail price...sigh...and i am not willing to pay that if i can get it cheaper here in europe...why does Germany not have such a flagship???

Or at least the Free Trade Agreement should settle those price policy soon...

[quote user="firstlove"]

[/quote]

the storeseems like it's located inpeople's neighborhood lol... i guessAnn D. didnt' wanna be with otherhigh endfashion stores? it looks amazing nonetheless.

no one in middle classcan afford to buy any of Ann D.'s collectionsin korea, which makes me sad, because if iwas stillliving in korea,there is no way i would have afforded any of her collections.

[/quote]
          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• theaddict
            • Apr 2008

BTW, where exactly is that shop?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="theaddict"]BTW, where exactly is that shop?
              [/quote]

Click here for the address.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

that's a beautiful space. i'm really surprised that ann decided to open a seoul store before an american one. i'm not even sure if koreans really would buy all that much ann? but then again, i haven't been to korea in over 13 years.
                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

yea, i though as much. maybe the koreans will be be the new japanese? honestly, i don't see an american store any time soon.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
                    • Apr 2008

Thousand thanks Faust! And yeah its not the place where all the other brands are located...

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="theaddict"]BTW, where exactly is that shop?
                    [/quote]

Click here for the address.

[/quote]

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

no problem. enjoy.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

Well i have been to korea last year and before that 2001 was the my last visit for an internship. I must say that the development of fashion and subculture has made a big step in those few years. When i was there in 2003 most people were wearing some kind of baggy jeans formal shirt style which was obviously because of the big influence the US and its hip hop scene have had in korea.

Nowadays, people seem to have a bit more knowledge, or better, they are closer to the main taste, there are a lot skinny ties and diorlike styled guys. Back then, i was really one of the few guys who had died his hair (man that looked horrible), nowadays you dont see many people with their natural black hair colour and honestly, most asians with blond hairs look just ridicolous.

Koreans have still lot to learn in terms of styles and especially in developing a OWN style culture like the japanese have. We suffered geographically from a lot of foreign influences in the past (invasions from every side) and therefore it seems to me that the koreans were not able to develop themselfs into an own direction (i mean, the japanese started to copy and assimilate other cultures, but obviously they managed to go further than that).

What i miss especially is a club/music culture which could influence also the fashion culture. People in Korea go out, drink Soju, eat grilled pork and after that they go to a karaoke bar. Fine.

There are no really cool clubs and especiall electronic music is not established at all. They cannot differ between Pop Chart Techno and well made progressive sounds...

So i think maybe on reason why Ann put her store in Korea is that she feels that there is much potential to influence a development and not only to contribute to a well few bored established consumer group like in Europe or America.

[quote user="Faust"]yea, i though as much. maybe the koreans will be be the new japanese? honestly, i don't see an american store any time soon.
                        [/quote]

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎