Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

I agree with this. How high are Yohji's standards anyway. Does he make better quality ready to wear than Lanvin? (Nope.)

Isn't there an obvious point being missed out here as a contributor to his downfall? Basically it's not 1985 any more. His product is really not that good. People don't want to wear massive oversized clothes any more. Coming Soon is terrible. Say what you like about Play or Shirt or whatever, but no cdg line has ever been as widely distributed as Y-3. If ever a diffusion or associated line has diluted the perception that others have of the designer, it's Y-3. Catwalk show or not, it's basically stone island for the noughties. Most people who wear it couldn't spell Y-3 never mind yamamoto.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ lol at lak speling skilz.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• H-R
        • May 2007

When I was at Maxfield today, I saw one YYPH cardigan from the current season that is made in China, and it kinda turns me off given the price tag (It was close to $1K...)

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎