X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MCC1528
    • May 2008

Re: Cool Fashion Books?

I just recently bought the Rick Owens l'ai-je bien descendu book. I just have to say its a really neat book,great photography and so on.... I got it on ebay for $330 [N] :( but it was a low numbered book and it was also signed by him :D.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I went to the Gothic exhibition at the FIT yesterday, which was absolutely awesome. One thing people did not mention was that there is a book accompanying the exhibition! Yea, I'm buying.

BTW, I may be adding back a once-lost partnership link with Amazon - will need to talk to Mr. Lowrey about this...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I went to the Gothic exhibition at the FIT yesterday, which was absolutely awesome. One thing people did not mention was that there is a book accompanying the exhibition! Yea, I'm buying.

BTW, I may be adding back a once-lost partnership link with Amazon - will need to talk to Mr. Lowrey about this...

Ok, so I got to flip through it at Strand, and I am definitely getting it with my next Amazon gift certificate. For $30, it's a great book.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

/\ Will have to check it out, saw it when I passed by at Kinokuniya but haven't looked at it yet.
          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• macuser2of5
            • Apr 2010

Fashion literature - wedding gift

So I have a friend getting married... As they are both into fashion/fashion literature, I am thinking of getting them a cool fashion-oriented coffee table book of some kind; something they can both enjoy. Any pointers? Ideally something not about Chanel or Gucci. ;)

Comment

• Avantster
              ¤¤¤
              • Sep 2006

Hey there, you wouldn't happen to know macuser3of5, would you?

Read this thread. Yohji Yamamoto's Talking to Myself is an excellent book, though out of print there is a signed copy going on eBay..
              let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• macuser2of5
                • Apr 2010

Ah, thank you... my midnight search-fu is weakened... And yes, though it appears that I cannot remember the password for the email address linked to my old account... C'est la vie.

Comment

• Avantster
                  ¤¤¤
                  • Sep 2006

Heh, thought your username sounded uncannily familiar. In any case, welcome back.

Comment

• endersgame
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post

Counts as a fashion book, like this one very much, ver got around to ordering it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/082122669X

i used to have exhibit a. the reproductions are horrible.

a message for you, published by steidl/dangin is a much better bourdin book..

if anyone here is interested in Paolo Roversi, i have an old Giorgio Armani SS98 catalog and an inscribed copy of Nudi i want to unload..

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Steidl is coming out with a new Bourdin book next month.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 951SoCal
                        • May 2010

Anyone want a number (n)ine lookbook?

Comment

• munch
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by 951SoCal View Post
                          phor phree???

Comment

• Atom
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by 951SoCal View Post
                            Hmm, is this a trick question?

Comment

• Acéphale
                              • Apr 2010

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• andrew
                                • Sep 2009

I picked up Exhibit A a few years back in a junk shop for £5! great book.

Sorry if any of these have been mentioned already, i had a quick scan through and didn't see them.

I've recently pulled this out of my book case:

She is really obviously a fan of Issey and Yohji (who is annoyingly referred to as Yoshi Yamamoto throughout the book) but it is a nice occasional reference and it deals with her early work which is so much nicer than the more recent stuff.

I also like the most recent Margiela one, there were a spate of really shit books (one with about 200 blank pages, how "deconstructionist") but this one made quite a nice retrospective of what once was.

Also i was always gutted i didn't pick up a copy of this

Finally I dont think this one even needs explaining

I've seen a bigger, glossier much more expensive Balenciaga book but i definitely prefer this one for reference to Christobal's work, and the early Ghesquiere stuff at the end of the book is just a little bonus.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎