Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whitney
    • Dec 2009

^i agree. they should have done a final bow for Mcqueen and then (starting now) scramble to find someone to create a new collection, under a new name..esp when it was his wish.

its the one sad thing about having a label named after yourself; theres always a chance that it will be brought out and you may lose control.

for the Mcqueen enthusiasts it won't be the same but for those who are 'fashionistas'--they'll weep now but learn to adapt if necessary and if the garments are good enough. there will be a lot of pressure for whomever is selected..
    you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• mononon
      • Sep 2009

continuing mcqueen without the great Lee Mcqueen is sacrilege. he is the man behind the label, not the other way around. without Lee, the label is worth shit.
      calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• funkytea
        • Feb 2010

Sad. So talented. Sad.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
          • Mar 2009

As we said earlier regarding his macabre sense of humour,i thought quite fitting that he chose to end his life in a wardrobe.

Anyway,here is a tribute from DaZeD DiGiTaL....a convo between McQueen and Bowie circa 96

Youth and pop culture provocateurs since 1991. Fearless fashion, music, art, film, politics and ideas from today's bleeding edge. Declare Independence.
          Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 03-03-2010, 02:31 AM.
          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• almroth
            • Jul 2008

thanks shye! really enjoyed the tribute.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ep3wiz
              May peace come to you MC you brought us faster to the other side. thank you
              may you please stop with inane one-liners, lest you want to be banned?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

^^^

Is this dude an imposter or what? You haven't quite nailed the Z-Man's cadence (not Mr. Barrett, the other Z-Man).

(directed at Episode 3)
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ way (1 sec) ahead of you
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Catfood
                    • Oct 2008

Gareth Pugh rumored to be taking over the label:
                    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/f...ion-label.html

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Makes sense in terms of theatricality, but Pugh's vocabulary is A,B,C and he's got a hell of a way to get to Z.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

Here we go again with Diior Homme. I agree with Faust. pugh doesn't hold a candle to McQueen, and they don't even design the same kind of clothing. McQueen was at times elegant and refined; I don't think Pugh can do that, at least not in similar fashion as McQueen. Also, what is his tailoring like? We've not seen any indication of it from his collections.
                        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

In a way, I think its interesting to see what he would do..........
                          it could be a huge opportunity for him, and if he has anything in his repertoire, it could work, but if his range only consist of what we've seen so far this could be an absolute disaster.........

What we had in McQueen was a designer of unparalleled ability, a man who was at the hieght of his powers and had not yet mellowed out, so anyone assuming this Job, is going to have to be exceedingly great. the breadth and scope of McQueen's work was staggering. he was as wearable as he was unwearable, he was as classic as he was avant garde, he was theatrical as he was businesslike. I just dont see anyone being able to fulfill this role.........
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• mononon
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                            In a way, I think its interesting to see what he would do..........
                            it could be a huge opportunity for him, and if he has anything in his repertoire, it could work, but if his range only consist of what we've seen so far this could be an absolute disaster.........

What we had in McQueen was a designer of unparalleled ability, a man who was at the hieght of his powers and had not yet mellowed out, so anyone assuming this Job, is going to have to be exceedingly great. the breadth and scope of McQueen's work was staggering. he was as wearable as he was unwearable, he was as classic as he was avant garde, he was theatrical as he was businesslike. I just dont see anyone being able to fulfill this role.........
                            well said Zamb. couldn't have worded it better myself.
                            calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• hule
                              • Mar 2010

R.I.P MCQ
                              "I've learned that not everything sells" - Carol Christian Poell

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

A thoughtful, detailed article and a blog post by Cathy Horyn in NYT.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎